1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's nativist/racist tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Impeachment will do nothing. It will go nowhere. It will be used by Trump to play the victim card and rally support. It will help, not hurt him. He's looking for a fight. He needs that fight.

Without it, he is desperate. His platform is built on racism now - his only hope to win is to hope that Americans are either driven by racism, or are willing to accept it to reap benefits like lower taxes. That's his hand.

We are at a real risk of escalating to a civil war in this country - Trump benefits from that as it allows him the best chance for maintaining power. Impeachment does nothing but strengthens his hand. Pelosi is smart. She understands this. She understands the best way to beat Trump is to get him to beat himself.

biff17 likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is all based on intuitive nonsense. It could be right but right now it's no more valid than sone other counterfactual.

You have literally no clue whether or not your prediction here will come true.

Neither does Nancy.

Neither do i

But you completely missed the point in any event.

And also - proved it.

The whole "Trump is to evil/crazy/stupid/dangerous to try to remove from office" is basically a one line article of impeachment

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It doesn't hurt or offend. it angers. Someone telling me I don't belong in this country is my enemy. They hate me. And that means I see them as the enemy and must weaken them.

Racists are my enemy. If someone tells me I don't belong here, I am not offended. No more than when a lion would try to kill me. I understand that this is a threat, and this person is someone I must be wary of. And if necessary, someone I must destroy.

Racism isn't about being offended. Only someone who has a sheltered life would think it is. Racism ultimately leads to violence. It's about survival.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What precisely does impeachment accomplish?

5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Yes, we see the seriousness of your logic now.

6. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

7. SamFisher

The fulfillment of a sworn duty to uphold the Constitution, among other things.

What "precisely" does not impeaching him accomplish?

Spoiler alert - you dont know.

What i do know is that if prognostication genius bro continue to push the same "hes too dangerous to be impeached, i know exactly how this will play out!" bullshit, he will not be impeached, because this is a self-fulfilling prophecy, and he will continue to corrupt, defile. and damage, and it will be because in no small part that the 60% of people who hate Trump stood by and let him do this because of your bullshit.

Democracies die in slow motion.

We are dying. If we don't try to save it. It will die.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You still haven't answered my question. What exactly does impeachment accomplish? What is the net effect of it other than a protest by dems from the house? What changes after impeachment?

It accomplishes nothing. I never said he was too dangerous to impeach. I am just asking what value does it bring.

foh likes this.
  9. SamFisher

i posted a whole thread about this - feel free to pull it up and indulge in more hot action crystal ballin'

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I asked a question. You have no answer but to tell me to dig up a thread you posted because you don't feel like answer. And then talk about speculating on the future when the outcome of impeachment is quite clear - the Senate will kill it without consideration. You don't need a crystal ball to know that. And if you think the outcome would be different then you're living in a fantasy world.

11. SamFisher

1. I don't profess to know, unlike yourself.
    2. Dig up the thread if you want more
    3. Good night kreskin

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The articles of impeachment are documents that I believe are incredibly important for our country’s historical record.

If in the future we have a president who ends up in a controversy the ability to evaluate Nixon, Clinton, and Trump with three likewise documents will be important in deciding what to do with that president. Having him not removed will also remove a lot of the stigma of impeachment as a procedure as well. It’s something you do regardless of the conviction if a president commits crimes. Not a political maneuver you pull only if you have the votes in the senate.

I also think that vote in the Senate will be a Scarlett Letter that those Republicans have on their record that will be the biggest milestone of their legacy they leave behind. You think Susan Collins wants to take that vote?

The only Democrats afraid to impeach are the most insecure enough in the ability to communicate a narrative that paints this in the proper light. It’s not that difficult. Dems are just scared of their own shadow at this point.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Ok. If racists are your enemy, what do you think about Omar's statements regarding Israel? Is that not racism too?

To be clear, I don't condone racism. I also don't condone the use of the charges of racism to clear the path for a left wing agenda, which is what is happening with the squad of 4.

I also don't think it's the big issue you deem it to be. Racism can lead to violence, but it doesn't always, and probably doesn't in the majority of cases. You can't legislate someone's viewpoint. You can police what they do (but maybe not what they say) in the public arena.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Criticizing Israel does not make someone an anti-Semite - plenty of Jews are far more critical of Israel. There's a difference between being critical of the Israeli gov't and critical of Jews.

You just said Trump leading a chant against an American citizen to "go back home" is beautiful. Then you say you don't condone racism? It's puzzling as you sure do seem to be ok with it.

The squad of 4 is only noticed because the right is obsessed with them and is attempting to use them to be the bogeywomen of the Democratic party - which is still mostly white men. There is no "left wing agenda". The Democrats have become Republicans and the Republicans have become nuts

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Cuz it's not racist? Maybe? He's pushing back against the leftists. And that is beautiful.

17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Did you miss that Green New Deal thing? Did you miss the fabricated Russia collusion-nothing burger thing? Did you miss the Kavanaugh hearings? And that's just for starters.

18. foh

foh Member

Generally, I think this is great for the democrats. With the congress vote and the attention GOP and their supporters (like the ones in North Carolina) are receiving, the term Racist will get attached to it whether they want it or not. The Trump base will probably get a little temporary excitement (ie polls boost) due to agitation Trump is causing to the other side by these remarks, but the hurt he is causing to the minorities will linger longer and will hurt GOP when it matters. When there is only one black representative on the GOP side in the house (who voted to call the tweet "racist" btw), you can't deny it that the Trumpers are a bunch of haters who will never accept minorities. Considering that huge number of recent immigrants have supported Trump in 2016, maybe they will rethink doing so in 2020..

19. foh

foh Member

Yea, ok and I have a bridge to sell you... What do you think he wants by saying that? Do you think he actually wants them to teach him something? To give him constructive ideas? Really? That's rich..

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do racists believe that Trump was being racist? One even said they were happy Trump was racist again. Another said this kind of thing is why the white nationalists support Trump.

So minorities believe it was racist. Self-acknowledging racists believe it was racist. Yet, somehow you are pretending it wasn't racist. You haven't posted an example of Trump telling white critics that were born in the United States to go back to their countries and fix the problems there.

All of the people Trump spoke of were American. 3 out of the 4 were born in the United States.

So if all of the white supremacists and racists believe the tweets were racist, and the women who were attacked believe it was racist, why don't you?

#580 FranchiseBlade, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019