1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SJWs gets their talons into Bond franchise

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Jul 17, 2019.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Indeed.

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

See, I can give a reasonable take to a post like this. I agree wholeheartedly. Don't tell me what I'm supposed to feel or think leaving a movie. Let me form my own opinion based on creative story telling that lets me draw those conclusions myself. Assume that the viewer is intelligent enough to deduce what a character is thinking or feeling without directly being told it. Hot take there CF poster.

3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

"A dominant anti-Semitic conspiracy theory is the belief that Jewish people have undue influence over the media, banking and politics."

One does not have to be anti-Semitic make this observation, which is provable in fact.

What if I said that they run the banking industry....and that the banking industry is better off for it?

What if I observed that most NBA players are black/African American? Does that make me racist? Or simply someone that can see what is before his eyes?

I get it; you aren't used to thinking in such complexities.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, good story telling can also include political opinion or ideology. Just avoid them then, that's fine.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

eh i feel it is hamfisted and unneeded. This is why Christian Rock sucks.

JayGoogle likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree though in general, it's probably not a good idea to force it down someone's throat or make it too obvious.

jcf likes this.
  7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

QP1
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitic_canard#Controlling_the_media

[​IMG]

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had assumed he would see the way his arguments paralleled gross disgusting antisemitic bullshit and realize the error of his ways.

Instead, he thought I was complimenting him.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you are now arguing that putting minorities in films that you feel should have whites in them results is bad business.

Ok then.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Last time I checked there were a lot of black and female British people

11. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

In recent years, yes. Not historically.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What's that supposed to suggest?

Bond was not created from an ancient British legend. It was created long after black people and women lived in Britain. In fact women - and I know this might shock you - were around just as long as men!

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

9 pages.... wtf?? Lol

I saw this yesterday and thought it was a joke.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Oh, it's a joke alright.

London'sBurning and dobro1229 like this.
  15. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

No one is forced to participate in any thread. If you think it's beneath your concerns....eh.....you know the rest.

16. TheresTheDagger

No I'm arguing you've got nothing to offer in the way of honest debate. And you proved it here yet again.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Hmm, did some checking and I didn't know his mom was Swiss. I knew he was Scottish though, which is why Connery looked the part.

While I am not outright against it, and would support Idris over Craig, even at his age becaue both are too old, I think it would be odd to cast a black guy for this part because of the character's Scottish background, but yes I know what some people here will say: there are black people in Scotland. Maybe less than 1 percent? Like right around 1 percent. Even less if you think about when Bond's father was in Scotland in earlier generations. Hmmm I have to wonder if SJWs would call it cultural appropriation and "white" washing if much-beloved Nigerian Spy Jafari Buhle was recasted with a white actor. Hey there was some white people in Africa, so why not right? It's the current year.

As a book lover and movie lover, I'd like to see them in sync. No it doesn't ruin it, but maybe it just isn't bond without that look we know him as from the books. This is why a lot of people don't like Craig... he doesn't look like Bond. Of all the Bonds Connery still looks the most like the book version. Roger Moore was a downright embarrassment for trying to cast a character. His performance was masterful, in a weird way. I would reserve a similar complaint for Idris if he was casted, but now he is old of course... another reason he isn't casted... Bond isn't old. So we cast based on age... sex... and physical features are another good reason to cast someone. That he doesn't look like Bond from the books is a valid critique for fans, despite what people are trying to twist it into.

Side question for anyone who has actually read some of the books: Which Bond do you think matched the book bond the most? And do you think the source material has value going forward?

Also this is what Ian Flemming had commissioned to help comic artists portray Bond:

[​IMG]

#177 dachuda86, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Just to be clear... No one is saying send them out of the thread, but they are more than welcome to leave if they don't like it here. And I would encourage them to do so.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I would say that about you. I try to debate your logic whereas you try to debate my character and skip my arguments. Sounds like you are the one dodging honest debate and instead trying to attack me dishonestly with false accusations.

I've made valid points to holes in your position. You refuse to address them with this flimsy excuse. You can try to hide but everyone here can see that you've lost.

20. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

The Bond character comes from a British family of long-standing. By definition, that means English, Welsh, or Scottish.

In the years since the 1720s (when Great Britain was formed), if you were English, Welsh, or Scottish, that meant (overwhelmingly) white/Caucasian.

It's only if you look at Britain in the post WWII era that it becomes more "diverse."

It's evident that you either are not familiar with history, or not very quick on the uptake -- or just an SJW who wants to force "diversity" upon everyone else.

I suspect some combination of all three.