1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump's nativist/racist tweets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 14, 2019.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was a fantastic commercial. I especially liked when they showed the band-aid sticking to the egg in slow motion because I didn't quite get it the first time.

Maybe we are getting worse.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I feel like I'm visiting my geriatric relative's Facebook wall with posts like these.

across110thstreet and R0ckets03 like this.
  3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Wait a minute...are you the guy that said Trump was a cuck? If so, that tells me all I need to know about your logic.

4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

wait there's more

upload_2019-7-18_18-15-32.png

mick fry likes this.
  5. London'sBurning

If a person talks like a cuck, acts like a cuck and cuckily bends to the will of alphas like the biggus d-ickus Dems by retracting his racist remarks cuck-like I might add, then I am forced conclude that Agent Orange likes to get peed on by Russian stewards as he loves being degraded...like a cuck.

Eric Riley and adoo like this.
  6. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Or lets do a more relevant- Last time the Angels played the Astros, Marisnick gave their catcher a concussion. Arguable if it was a dirty play, but come the game two nights ago, he got beaned for it. Everyone knew he had it coming, but the problem is the pitch was high- It hit Marisnick way close to the head. Which is dirty, they could have easily aimed lower, let him take his punishment, without risking his well being. He had it coming (he took it like a champ), but the pitch was still uncalled for as to where it was. And if we really want to make it more relevant, pretend that Angels pitcher was actually the MLB commissioner, up there doing it himself, saying the way to get back someone for taking out your catcher is to aim pitches near their head. That's a terrible precedent set by arguably the most powerful person in the sport. Now you are telling players it's ok to get back at people in a dirty way, because the most powerful person in the sport did it and it was ok.

In this scenario, maybe (in your opinion) Omar had some sort of clapback attack coming, but doing it in a racist way was absolutely dirty.

7. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

First you have to think that it was racist. I don't.

Edited to add: Did not see Astros game in question.

8. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

If telling someone "to go back where they came from" when they are here legally is not racist, then what is racist?

Come on man, check yourself. If you can't see why that would be a hurtful statement then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you just aren't a decent person, I don't know.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  9. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

There is a fascinating analysis to be had here. Why is telling someone "to go from where I came from" hurtful? Doesn't the "offended" person have to accept, consciously or unconsciously, that "where they came from" is in fact not a good place?

If they accept this, then isn't Trump's criticism of certain &*^%-hole countries merited?

If you told me, "hey BruceAndre, go back to where you came from," I'd say: "why thank you. I think I will. I like it there."

All this concern about ostensible "decency" is how we got $22 trillion in debt via bloated social programs, with ^&%$ littering the streets of certain California cities.

It's time to acknowledge that so-called "compassion" is anything but.

Lastly, it's amazing to me that so many here are worried about Omar's feelings, when she's clearly attacked traditional American values and American history. Frankly, I think she's a 5th columnist that managed to get elected to Congress.

If the leftists here don't want to see the Orange One go to extremes in his rhetoric, maybe they should quit attacking him and his supporters, and their values.

10. havoc1

havoc1 Member

No.. the phrase "Go back where you came from," when used in this context, is hurtful because it carries the implication that the person doesn't belong in the place/country in which they currently reside. And since this phrase seems to be mostly if not completely used against non-white looking people, it would seem that the implication is borne out of a preconceived notion that people who are not white cannot belong in America. Hence the racism charge, which in my opinion is warranted since the person making the statement is making a value judgement based on a person's skin color... seems pretty straight forward.

Are you being willfully obtuse or do you really not understand this?

joshuaao and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  11. London'sBurning

foh likes this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Don’t feed the troll, bobby’s Alt account

Eric Riley likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You must be new here... debate with bruce is pointless...

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he's just playing the contrarian jester shtick.

He's just having fun I guess

Eric Riley likes this.
  15. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Who the hell is this assclown, quoting Breitbart and Fox News, and presuming to know how a person of color SHOULD react when being told to go back to their country?

#555 Eric Riley, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here's why trump decided to backtrack...

foh likes this.
  17. London'sBurning

Trump in 2020 is going to suffer historical defeat in the bigly-est of proportions. In future U.S. History books, there will be a page full of racist Donald Trump tweets with the next page discussing one of the worst election defeats in U.S. history.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

Funny I keep hearing the part the left loves and not the whole thing, go back from where you came and fix their problems (say it with me now)then come back and show us how it’s done. The silliness that you all choose to dog pile on is going to get Trump reelected and you just keep doing it.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then you don't interact with many brown people.

foh likes this.