1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Literally Hitler impeachment bid fails

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Jul 18, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Donald Trump impeachment bid crushed in House of Representatives

A bid to launch impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump has been blocked in the US House of Representatives.

Texas Democrat Al Green filed the resolution after the House voted to denounce Mr Trump's attacks aimed at four US congresswomen as racist.

But the measure failed to win enough support, with his fellow Democrats voting overwhelmingly against.

Mr Trump said the "ridiculous" attempts to impeach him were now "over".

BruceAndre likes this.
  2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Literally? LOL

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Props to Al Green who knew it wouldn't pass but that he should do it anyway. In his comments he said something like, sometimes there are things that are not popular or not politic but you do them because they are right. I have to agree.

In this case, it looks like the basis he cites is the recent racist tweets, not conspiracy or obstruction or emoluments or anything like that. So, no surprise at all that Dems wouldn't back it. They only get one shot at impeachment, so if and when they do it they want to bring everything they've got. I do rather hope -- and I think Al Green's effort help in this regard -- that if they do pass articles of impeachment that Trump's racism is enumerated with the other charges.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Waiting on the President to tweet "send him back"

5. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Man this is political gold for Donald Trump.

He distracts from Epstein and everything else by pitting himself against "The Squad".

Nothing riles up whites and angry males more than a coven of angry, outspoken and radical witches.

Trump can play this up for a long time.....

[​IMG]

Here is an early photograph of the Women's Congressional Caucus that I expect to see Trump releasing soon.

He is already ramping up the "baby killer" calls and that will be tied into "The Squad" too.

[​IMG]

This **** is straight out of central casting for Donald Trump.

Other than one of them being obese or a lesbian, Trump couldn't ask for more.

Democrats will continue to rant and rave that it is a low blow and isn't fair (it is a low blow but it is politics) and the Trumpers and white folks in the suburbs will eventually be pushed to vote for the standard quo Donald.

6. JuanValdez

He already tied up the angry white male vote ten different ways. I have a hard time understanding how he benefits from throwing more and more red meat to the guys who were going to vote for him anyway while pissing off everybody else. Maybe it'll work, we'll see in 2020, but I wouldn't have guessed it.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly dude, blaming them for a racist president is stupid and shows you really hate these women because you disagree with them.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nook is just not a fan of them and is just finding ways to blame them for Trump being a racist.

9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I'm not a fan of a couple of them either but they shouldn't be disrespected in the manner Trump did. When did this nickname of the squad come about?

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It gives the perception of strength, being on offensive rather than defensive.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The racist label is already attached and can’t go on much more. It has damaged Trump. He can benefit if the attention now shift more toward the squad and stay there. The DEM would be smart to recognize the limit and shift the conversation toward health care, tax, corruption, pedo lovers at some point.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Lets be honest, when green did this before it didnt make the news. It must be getting closer to happening.

I must say it is refreshing to see a lib on our forum not bowing down to the squad.

13. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Well, Trump has "self-impeached" after all. ;)

14. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Huh, I must have missed that post.....:oops:

Edit: I guess you are talking about Nook's post.

Astrodome likes this.
  15. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Can someone just go ahead and photoshop the Squad in witches hats, stirring a big black boiling pot [of something]? TIA :D

dachuda86 likes this.
  16. JuanValdez

Sure, but they also don't really have control of the narrative. They can try to move on and say "What about health care?!" but if the media is getting more clicks talking about racism, they won't let themselves be distracted by policy issues. I'm sure Pelosi and all the presidential candidates would love to stop hearing about the squad, but making that happen isn't just a snap of the fingers.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump hasn't done anything impeachable. Offending people isn't impeachable

BruceAndre and dachuda86 like this.
  18. JuanValdez

Impeachable is literally anything the House and Senate says is impeachable. Constitution leaves it to them to define what 'high crimes and misdemeanors' means.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I hate this line of reasoning.

When you sanitize the ethical and moral wrongness of the President's open racism and rejection of a multiracial democracy by talking about it in tactical horse race terms - you tacitly acquisce to his arguments, and that it's basically ok for people to be openly racist.

Starting around the 1960's it's not ok. This is what is at risk.

Don't talk to me about "not alienating racists" - they are what they are.

If we're goign to have an openly racist apartheid state, we should force it out into the open and don't go down without a fight.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Concern troll gonna' concern troll.

Get this **** back to reddit where it belongs. You blew your cover breh.