1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard traded to Memphis for C.J. Miles

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 5, 2019.

1. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

[​IMG]

2. NateNate

NateNate Member

Damn she fine! (The girl)

3. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It might be because both players are terrible team mates that have a history of financially crippling the teams the end up on. Idk though, I guess only an expert could know that.

roslolian likes this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If Dwight only did what Capela did. He would still making his dough and probably would have had a ring by now. He needs to understand that he is not Duncan, Dream or Shaq. He can't carry a team.

roslolian likes this.
  5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Dwight a terrible teammate? He certainly wasn't in Houston

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

See I disagree, doing what Capela does can carry a team. Like, against the warriors, if Cap was Cap we would have trounced them. Our sails are guided by his ability to get easy buckets, boards, and defense. Harden is a super-critical piece too, but c'mon, don't sell CC short.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Carrying a team implies initiating an offense and commanding double teams. Dwight can't do that nor Capela, but he is almost unstoppable if when he's the third option. Dwight can do everything better than Capela.

8. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

If Dwight decided he was ok playing like Capela does and accept that type of role then he would be a max contract player right now in todays NBA

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This is what I can’t fathom. Dude can still put up 10/10/2 how can he be completely unable to find a backup gig.

10. HRox832

HRox832 Member

I honestly feel pretty bad for Dwight, mostly because he has to deal with the jokes that he's gay probably for the rest of his life, even though he's already denied it. It's all because of some fake allegations from a person that was looking for attention.

It also sucks how he went from being a likeable superstar to being irrelevant and the butt of every joke (no pun intended) in a matter of a couple years.

The part where I don't feel bad is how he had issues with his teammates and coaches. That's his own fault for acting immature and not taking the game as seriously as his peers

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because he is a locker-room cancer. All you have to do is which that creepy video of his.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Why would you feel bad? He is a multimillionaire.

13. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Yeah sure he has a crap load of money but that won't solve all his problems and fix his mood. Tons of rich people out there who are depressed. I imagine if I was in Dwight's place I'd feel pretty shitty tbh. Most of his former teammates don't like him, LA still hates him, and now NBA fans will never live down those gay jokes just because of false allegations that turned viral.

dreamshakin and jboslett like this.
  14. ApuN

ApuN Member

Umm yes he was....

He blew up the locker room his second year because he wanted a big contract which killed alot of chemistry

Dwight to put it bluntly, has never been a good team mate, anywhere.

dreamshakin, jboslett and Richie_Rich like this.
  15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

1. No one in locker rooms seem to like him. The ratio of players who played with Dwight that have nothing nice to say compared to players who played with Dwight that do have nice things to say astronomically favors nothing nice to say.

2. Coaches tend to like players who play within their system. Sure Dwight can make an impact on the game and put up great numbers, but it's usually against the ideal team system. Basically, he isn't coachable.

3. He is a known cheat. He uses stickem on his hands and has for years to help him catch passes better. The stickem leaves residue on the balls which make many players unhappy and yet the NBA never really punishes Howard for it. No wonder most of his team-mates don't like him, they have to suffer through playing with sticky balls every other night.

4. Teams shy away from a player who is known to take off games and picks and chooses which ones he wants to put full effort into. He is absolutely not a consummate professional in that regard

5. Injury prone..

Howard is consistently great with fans though. I'll give him that.

However, there is a reason he can't seem to stick to a team. Teams get drawn in to the numbers, roll the dice and by years end are more than ready to depart from the baggage.

Even as a backup basketball player he can be a negative impact to the team... No team-mate (while trying to sleep on the team plane, or relax & get rest so they are fresh the next game night) wants to get consistently woken up by a 6'11" 265+lb man-child farting on their face because he thinks it's funny.

#75 Realjad, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    dreamshakin and withmustard like this.
  16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want Dwight because he is toxic but.....after the WB trade he would be a perfect fit if he bought in. Russell gets to the paint a lot by beating his defender, and when a help defender comes WB still manages to get his shot off, but he'll just barely miss his layup many times. These misses are absolutely perfect for follow up dunks from a big man. Steven Adams got a lot of easy put backs off these types of shots. If you could put Chandler Parsons rookie season game into Dwight Howard today, he would a top 10 center in this offense. Not far off from Capela.

17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I think he's one or two steps away from a Tyson Chandler especially with his injury issues and off the court drama...negative baggage

18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Can you post a link to this? Because players get unnecessary stigmas attached to them while others get passes. You can literally say anybody's a locker room cancer & ppl will run with it

icewill36 likes this.
  19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

The sad thing is no, you didn’t really. Anyone could ask him that question now and I believe he would give that exact response.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

such a locker room cancer. Dwight Howard is the type of dude that keeps talking and talking and talking, but nothing he does reflects what he says...Might really be Bipolar, but then again...this seems more like a personality disorder.