1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This season you will be rooting for Rivers and Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Jul 18, 2019.

1. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Gentlemen,

This season, you will be supporting and defending both Austin Rivers and Russell Westbrook.

Let that sink in.

Crazy thing is, I feel like they will be my two favorite players.

Have there ever been two players on the rockets that were so hated by rockets fans prior to their arrival?

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm fine with that.

Mr. Dominant, amaru, Patience and 6 others like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Cant wait to see pure cf vs wof debates here

Mr. Dominant, RyanB and Lawlruschang like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Carmelo Anthony, Brent Barry, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Scottie Pippen, Austin Rivers, Jason Terry, Russell Westbrook

CF CAME TO LOVE & APPRECIATE ALL OF THEM.

Even face stomper Kevin Love is revered around here & will be welcomed with open arms.

5. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Charles Barkley, Jason Terry, Derrick Fisher (thankfully that was over nearly instantly). Ron Artest (Meta World Peas). Patrick Ewing came here as a coach. Dwight Howard and CP3 were disliked by a decent margin.

We will survive Westbrick but he will never be loved if this goes the route of Scottie Pippen. Win the championship with Harden and he'll be treated like Clyde.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Eh... crazier things have happened. I cheered for both Clemens and Petite one year... or was it two. :D

7. shinjirod

shinjirod Member

I'm fine with it. Austin Rivers played very well for us last season, loved Houston, and came back because he wanted to be here. I respect that a lot. I think he's going to become a red nation favorite like Beverley was.

I loved hating Russell Westbrook, because he truly terrified me. He's one of those guys that for some reason I believe whenever he plays against us, he will go supernova and can completely destroy the other team any given night. Now, I can see that happen for my team. He has his limitations and everything, but the guy is a beast, and plays with an intensity that we could really have used the last few years.

I'm excited, even if I know I'll miss CP3 a lot. He's one of my favorite players ever, well before he became a Rocket.

Cdub37, everyday eddie, RyanB and 4 others like this.
  8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

As a longtime critic of Westbrook's shooting and Westbrook's judgment, I'm not just gonna be rooting. I'm gonna be praying.

9. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Always been a fan

Highlyrated likes this.
  10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The only former Rocket I'm ashamed to have cheered on is Scottie Pippen.

[​IMG]

kevtse, D-rock, tmoney1101 and 7 others like this.
  11. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

It's always been the name on the front of the jersey for me.

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

Westbrook has been one of my least favorite players in the league for years and years. I haven't liked his decision making, his shot selection, his FG and 3 point percentage. I have criticized him as an overrated, stat padding player that doesn't play winning basketball and would never win a championship unless it was the end of his career in a way like T-Mac, where it hardly even counts. I thought that he got in the way of Durant and shot them out of contention ans tried to be the scorer even though Durant was better. I have thought that I wouldn't want him on my team even if he came for free.

I have thought that for years.

I hope I'm wrong.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Before they became Rockets I really only disliked Terry & Rivers from that list. And I still don't like them. Never liked Oakley. Hate never stopped burning for McHale at any point.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I can't wait for the moment in such Rockets game when the Rox will be down by 8 with 5 seconds to go and the other team is on the line, while the whole arena will be cheering for the miss to get a forking chicken sub, and then Capela and TJ to box out and James and Russ will be fighting for that rebound when they are both 1 shy of a triple dub.

Guaranteed to be Sportscenter top 10.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

James doesnt fight for rebounds, fake fantasy.

RyanB and Patience like this.
  16. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

CF came to love this man after the number of times he screwed us while playing for the dirty team up North, they can GROW TO LOVE anyone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Eh, there were a few guys I hated so much I wouldn't accept them as Rockets, Quitten being chief among them. Rivers, I'm just glad he's better than he used to be. Westbrook I don't hate, I just don't think he has a game that elevates his teammates. But in Moreyball, things like esprit de corps, making your teammates better, etc, don't matter. We will run our algorithm against our opponents' algorithm and if we can increase the volatility while remaining within the margin of error we might get lucky and be champions! And Westbrook definitely increases the volatility. What's not to love?

Downtown Sniper, RyanB and D-rock like this.
  18. macan

macan Member

we are one big loving family. the more the merrier. bring on donkey Green next plz

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Glad you crossed Pippen, man he sucked... Wish he would have brought MJ with him too, then it might have worked out, haha. I mean that'd be a few years before MJs 2nd comeback to the wizards and drafting Kwame... Might have been able to do something.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

if Rivers still acted like a punk, I'd defend him, but I wouldn't like him.

glad a change of scenery calmed him down

buffalobills!!! likes this.