1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Iko] An ode to Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Your mama is so fat she's bigger than CP3's contract.

dmoneybangbang and fallenphoenix like this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Or good writers writing a genuine appreciation piece for a player that at least for a season was fantastic for us. It wasn't like he was bad last year either, just not what we were looking for.

3. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

As president of the Players Union, I never expected CP3 to re-sign for less than the max.

I wish these guys would be more realistic and put the team and fans first, but it's a business and I can't fault him for looking after himself and his family.

I wish CP3 the best going forward.

D-rock, Boredhippy, tmactoyao and 7 others like this.
  4. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yes, he was great for Houston that first year.

Then after he got that contract, sat out bunch of games, and came out looking like he's hobbled.

I have serious doubts that he can really get back to who he truly was now. Yes, his game ages well, but he's getting older and looking like he's got a lot of nagging injuries holding him down from doing what he needs to do on the court.

In this day and age, being just a true PG isn't good enough, and that's where it sucks to be him. He needs to be able to drop 20+ a night, and he's no longer able to do it.

fallenphoenix and hakeem94 like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

If you look at the stats for the second season, youll see he was still really good, not good for his contract..but nowhere near as bad as what most are talking like.

6. chenjy9

Supporting Member

See, this would only be realistic if it was also true the other way around. When you say that it's a business, don't forget that it goes both way. Players get traded at a drop of a dime. There is a reason why players say they can't take it personally, because NEITHER SIDE DOES. Every now and then you will have a situation like Kobe or Dirk, but more often than not you end up with situations like Dream's or Wade's.

As for fans, the average fan is not only a numbskull, but also the most fickle creature in the known universe. At least players still get their guaranteed money when traded and sometimes end up in even better environments. Fans burn jerseys, break into cars, and trash players on social media. It's disgusting.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

He waz bad in the playoffs...passive non clutch and shot 27% on 3s...its inexcusable to shoot that bad for a guy that cant do much on offense otherwise beside passing....

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Sometimes its better for business to take less money....see durant curry and heatles

BamBam and vlaurelio like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

No he wasnt, if you look at his advanced metrics(even his counting stats arent bad) then you will see he was absolutely a positive on the court.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm assuming that you're including me into the "most people".

CP is not winning a championship with that kind of production as a starting Point Guard in the NBA, unless he has 2 MVP-caliber players next to him.

Kyle Lowry is the only PG I can think of in recent memory who didn't produce as many points yet still won a championship. And by that time, that Warriors team was suffering from all kinds of injuries.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

No one is arguing that aren't pros and cons to either, but that's quite a bit different than wishing a player would be more realistic and put the team and fans first IMO. Teams are extremely cutthroat and will cut bait in a heartbeat for a variety of reasons. As for catering to fan wishes... yeah LOL. If teams were loyal in return and fans fair and steady minded, it would be a different story.

hakeem94 and BeBreezy like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

You might be right but still dissapointing for a player of his calibre...from the eye test he was solid

HP3 likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

No, Im not grouping you in with them.

And yes he can definitely be the starting point guard on a championship team. But where I think we can come to common ground is that right now....I dont think he can be the second best player on a championship sqaud(well....i wonder how he'll do next year, i would have been more than fine keeping him).

s3ts likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

This was something I mentioned in my thread, but CP3 was actually a good complementary player. Unfortunately for both him and us (team / fans), that ultimately wasn't what we brought him in for. Personally, I didn't mind giving him another season to see what play style and coaching changes him and the team could make to try and bounce back, but oh well.

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I love CP3 but I love the Rox more. Team over player always for me and we're younger and better so I'm happy. They get paid millions and that's appreciation enough imo. Save the puff pieces for real unknown heroes, again just my opinion.

don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

tilmen fans UPSET players wanted to get paid. The jokes write themselves

HP3 likes this.
  18. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Why? Do puff pieces cost fans money? Is there a quantity limit?

hakeem94 and don grahamleone like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

I know......you and I were some of his biggest supporters during the season, and he was a let down in that GS series, it really sucks.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

No just a waste of time imo. I won't read 'em.

don grahamleone likes this.