1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Go Off With Austin Rivers: "It never happened"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

So yea....I believe Rivers and Tucker over anyone.

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You're going to love Russ. Literally no poker face.

HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

its funny to see all these random theories and people around here really try to say things like these guys aren't in the loop, they don't know.

Yeah so someone who is nowhere near the actual loop with 0 connections is more credible than actual teammates that around these guys almost everyday in a season lol

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Jason Terry was pretty unusual too. I was really worried when we initially got Fisher in a trade though.

AroundTheWorld, topfive and hakeem94 like this.
  5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

#TeamHarden confirmed!!!!!!!

6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Why can’t it be this simple...CP3 is mostly washed and can real only play half a season and the Rockets will never win with him. Relationship doesn’t matter if he has deteriorated. Harden cannot survive carrying him when he was supposed to alleviate the burden in the first place. Harden is not wasting another year. Still didn’t t fix the rest of the roster because of cheap azz TF but did remove that problem.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's not as quite occam's razor as you'd like to believe. Occam's razor is more there's tons of reports that came out saying CP3 and Harden were feuding and upset with each other. So the simplest solution is Harden wasn't happy, asked for CP3 to be out, and ownership obliged. The complicated answer is more along the lines of what you're suggesting, but whatever.

Harden could be motivated by basketball reasons too, I just don't see it. I think it's easier to say he wanted his buddy their, and stepped over one friend to bring in another. When you get that close twice, then watch you're only foe fall apart you don't think "hey, let's break up what's working too, and then see what happens". The "basketball reasons" would get you to believe it's better to keep this in tact, lock down defensively, get some good key pieces and move forward with one of the most potent offenses in the history of the sport.

And in this star driven diva-esque NBA is it all together un-believable that Harden could ask to have someone shipped out? With the lack of diva like actions by him I was never asking the question of if it happens, more wondering when it actually happens.

8. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

AUSTIN RIVERS IS A CONSUMMATE PROFESSIONAL AND HOPE HE RETIRES A ROCKET

And to think most hated him while on the Clippers.
    What a scrub
    Only in NBA because of daddy
    Uses underhand tactics to defend
    What an annoying prick

topfive likes this.
  9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

ALL agenda driven as well.

The usual Harden “haters, complainers, whatever you wanna call them” jumping in to pin it all on him and say it’s further proof that he continues to run off “stars”.

Whatever way the story best fit their previous beliefs.

rantsolpuella13, HP3 and YOLO like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Its gonna be weird seeing him interact with our media haha.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He will probably love our media. We've been lobbing softballs since Blinebury left. Hardest question CP3 ever got was whether he would get a grill and that got us a masterpiece response from MDA that he should get a smoker instead.

12. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Unfortunately, there might be more leaks. There is almost no way we can be as air tight as OKC, that could be both good and bad for Westbrook.

14. biff17

biff17 Member

Who is more in the loop than Austin?

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Here's the blessing in disguise: We didn't pick up Westbrook and Rivers at the same time.

That likely would have pushed me over the edge.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Only CP3 himself knew how much he liked being around Harden, and likely his agent.

I credit him for not running his mouth to the media, kept this discreet.

Something still leaked but I believe it was not him.

Harden wanting WB over CP tells you not everything was alright. His respect for Paul was dwindling.

17. Tadow

Tadow Member

I think Harden knew that CP isn't gonna hold up physically to be more than a bit better than average player going forward

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There aren't actually tons of reports. There were 1 or 2 reporters that got aggregated and regurgitated.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It could simply be explained as him wanting to play with Westbrook. It's his best friend in the NBA. It wasn't about choosing Westbrook over Paul, it was simply about choosing Westbrook. Whoever had to go to make that happen was collateral damage.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, sorry.

Even a blind man could see that Chris wanted to stay long term inking that deal, something changed in the dynamic.

Sorry, I believe it firmly until Chris or Harden comes out with a biography, and really telling the whole picture for a change.

Like Kobe and Shaq, but it was clear and they were successful.