1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jb86, Nov 2, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It would have been good to talk to his agent as well, I am not seeing any good offers right now.

Rocket River likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I still want an explaination from Mike on why he did not play him

Rocket River

3. LUK3

LUK3 Member

id like to see Kenneth and Brodie play together :eek:

i’m sure they’d put on a show

hakeem94, D-rock, bj3175 and 3 others like this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's probably related to the defense, but it's not like Clint was giving us much more...i still think we should've tried him and i'm not even a fan of the player...but in the end Mike is going to stick with the few guys he trusts more, he always did that.

D-rock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  5. dejamike

dejamike Member

The energy Kenneth and Russ brings to the court it’s like the team have extra caffeine... you can never have too much caffeine lol.

hakeem94, D-rock and bro2044 like this.
  6. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

If not Faried, then is there another high energy PF/C that finish off the pass like Faried? But with better defense somehow? Also, available for the vet min? Obviously a lot to ask. I guess a young guy like Christian Wood could be good to take a flyer on. Also, I like Bennett's potential with the squad but still feel like we need another strong finisher at the 4 or 5 spot to provide energy, finish strong, get rebounds, play at least average defense. That is probably a $10 mil + type of player but one can dream. Would be ideal playing with Harden and Russ. If they aren't a strong finisher then they better be able to space the floor and hit the 3 at a high clip like hopefully Bennett will do.

D-rock likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Let’s just blame it all on CP3 and beg for him back.

8. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I agree that we should make an offer to Faried. That will give us three rim-running bigs (Clint, Tyson Chandler, and Faried) who are all great roll-men that catch lobs effectively. I know that the Harden-Capela lob game always lets us down against the Warriors (and hence on the biggest stage at the most crucial time), but it's still a very effective play in most matchups.

When Capela went down, Faried did a great job of allowing us to maintain that facet of the offense while Clint recovered. Now that we have two guys in Harden and Russ that can run that two-man game at an elite level, making sure that we've always got a complementary big out there with them is important. It'll be nice to start the second quarter with Russ and either Chandler or Faried running the two-man lob game against the other team's B-squad.

hakeem94, shwinn23 and D-rock like this.
  9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I liked Faried, but he was only a stop gap measure while Clint was out. He's a small PF that can't space the floor, defend the perimeter, or protect the rim. It'll be hard for him to carve out a solid role in today's NBA.

harold bingo and YOLO like this.
  10. mockster

mockster Member

Idk what MDAS beef was with faried but honestly his little power trip cost us a valuable player.

Dude was killin it, even just his overall energy made the team better. Then he’s benched the whole warriors series despite having his best games against them during the regular season and giving draymond green a lot of trouble

11. cml750

cml750 Member

Given how bad Capela stunk it up in the GS series, keeping Manimal on the bench made no sense. MDA should have at least tried him a little more than 5 minutes or however little he played.

12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

he did all of that pretty well for us.... definitely good enough to have a spot in this league, and he should have been given a chance in the playoffs. that is a big problem i have with mike D. he simply does not trust enough of his players. he still believes antiquated notions you must cut your rotation short and ride guys almost the full 48 minutes to have a chance in the playoffs.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

up until his chance here in houston, there wasn't much of a spot for him in this league. certainly not to the level hes likely looking for and that's more towards an every game rotational player. I'm sure he was certainly happy when clint was out logging all those minutes but the reality is with all bigs healthy, he is buried

14. MrButtocks

He was straight up benched by Denver and Brooklyn, two teams that were competing for the playoffs when he was on their roster. The latter cut him outright. I'm actually a Faried fan and was stoked about his signing. While I'm glad he was able to contribute while Clint was out I can now understand why he benched by several teams. His defense was very poor, shockingly so on the perimeter. He's quick and athletic, he shouldn't be getting burned as much as he is. We didn't have the luxury of giving guys with glaring weaknesses a chance against GS. Each game came down to the wire.

Not everyone that's talented deserves a spot in the league. Greg Monroe is only 28 years old, a decent scorer, and probably still capable of putting up a double double but he's already on the way out. I wouldn't want him on the team even for free.

darksoul35 likes this.
  15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

brooklyn and denver had stars or developing young talent in his position, we were not. we played nene who isnt any better at anything at his age.
    i disagree we could not afford to expand the rotation against GS.... steve kerr did exactly that and guess which team was fresher down the stretch and closed games better?

16. MrButtocks

If he couldn't beat out Trey Lyles or Plumlee in Denver or take any of the 22 minutes Jarrett Allen didn't play in Brooklyn it kind of indicates he has an issue.

We had a six to seven man rotation against GS. Their starters' played just as many minutes as ours did. We actually played our bench more considering Rivers was actually in the rotation (20+ minutes per game). Look at the game logs.

17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

plumlee is a very good backup.

all im saying he didnt do anything NOT to get a chance. he performed well when called upon. we could have used his energy on the glass

18. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

No clue what happened between him and the coaches, but it was definitely personal. Faried was a welcomed addition to the team and I was disappointed he didn't get to play in the playoffs.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I wanted Faried to be the "feel good story" of the year and the steal of the year, but when you end up on the witness protection program or MIA on every team you're on, there's something going on behind-the-scenes. At what point do you stop questioning the teams and start questioning the player? Maybe it's just not meant to be. Of course, I still don't know what happened, so I won't judge Faried. lol.

hakeem94, xiki and justtxyank like this.
  20. MrButtocks

He's just not as good as Capela, either offensively or defensively. Why play him at all when Clint is a better alley oop target and perimeter defender? If anything, you could argue that we should have played Clint more but we know he struggled a bit against GS. There's no reason to believe Faried would have done better. That would be like GS fans saying they should have given Quin Cook more playing time for his shooting. Why do that when they have a far better shooter in front of him in Curry?

You were saying we should have expanded the rotation because GS did that and was fresher down the stretch as a result. That's completely untrue. Their starters played more than ours did. Look at the MPG played below. We had absolutely no time for Faried.

Durant 42.4
    Klay 41.5
    Draymond 40.2
    Steph 39.3
    Iggy 34.6

Tucker 41.0
    Harden 40.4
    Ego 38.9
    CP3 38.8
    Capela 28.7