1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook meet D. House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownfan_9210, Jul 17, 2019.

?

Will Danuel House breakout this year?

1. Yes, he will average >15ppg, >37%3pt

2. No, he will struggle to find a place in the offense

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I think everyone is sleeping so much on what the Westbrook acquisition is going to do for Danuel House. When House was called up for the first time to play with Harden back in December and January, he was getting the easiest shots and open lanes to the basket. Now add Westbrook, who just finished playing alongside Paul George (slasher, shooter, defender).. where House's game has similar molds as far as being a shooter slasher and capable defender (albeit not near the level of Paul George) the game still fits the same. If House gets the start at the 3 he's going to easily remind people of that old Lakers Trevor Ariza.

This also helps our depth as we get to move EGo to the primary scorer off the bench who still gets to run next to Harden or WB. Plus, House now gets a full year to run with the main unit instead of having to be called up from the DLeague in spurts.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

House is the wild card for the team and a lot depends on him being really good.

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

I agree. If he's good he'll play good.

4. Voltik

Voltik Member

True but the team would be foolish again to rely on House in such a way, espically in the playoffs.

5. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I just don't see how this could go wrong? Outside of him just going cold from the perimeter. Other than that, this should be the easiest role for an NBA player. Especially for someone that we've seen is capable of shooting a high clip, slashing, and defending.

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

The real question is: how will he perform in the playoffs?

NateNate likes this.
  7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I think morey is banking on House breaking out and becoming an asset to flip like Grant for the thunder and Covington for the twolves

8. Nook

Nook Member

I don't really see why Westbrook would be better for House than Paul.

Having said that, if the Rockets can get House to play solid defense, shoot 37-39% on threes and score 12-15 points, they will be in a lot better spot.

Blatz, Deuce, BasketMAD and 7 others like this.
  9. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

[​IMG]

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Damn, I thought Westbrook & House met up(get to know you/hang out) or something.

...and you won't believe what happened next!

11. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Westbrook breaks the defense down better than CP3 imo. Plus from an actual basketball standpoint... none of this stats BS.. a pure athlete like WB running next to another athlete like House just creates extra fits for the defense to handle.

UTSA2step and Nook like this.
  12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Clickbait title. Wanted Westbrook poll, not "playoff disappearing act" House. 1 star thread (wish we still had ratings)

hakeem94 and arabrocket like this.
  13. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

then you should consider making one yourself.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Who else would they rely on at this point? It’s pretty much him or Gerald Green, who was an atrocity last year. Maybe they bring back Shump, but House will absolutely need to play.

15. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

danuel house is really good in transition, so he should get lots of layups and open 3s running with them.

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

What's the point if they can't be rated?

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I was thinking about this today. I’d like to see him start.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think what would be best for the team is for Danuel House to be able to start. If he is able to do that, then EGO can move back to the bench and lead a solid 2nd unit

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If we don’t land Covington I would like to see House start also. Athletic and can hit the open three. He will get a ton of open looks in this offense.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Those are two pretty drastically different poll options.

BTW, here are the 22 players last year that scored more than 15 ppg and shot threes at more than 37%... ranked by 3 point %:

Curry, Gallinari, TJ Warren, Hield, Brogdon, Bogdonavic, Klay, Collin Sexton (would not have guessed this!), Kyrie, KAT, RJ Hunter (former Rocket!! lol. This was in 1 game last year, outlier), Tobias, Redick, Harrison Barnes, PG, Terrence Ross, Middleton, CJ, LaVine, Tatum, Kawhi and Fox.

I would take any of those guys on the Rockets (exclude RJ Hunter) no question. It's a decently high bar.

Point being, if House averages 12 ppg and 36% on threes, that'd still be pretty solid.