1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo on CP3 to Miami possibility

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cebu, Jul 16, 2019.

1. cebu

cebu Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Misleading title is misleading.

"....hung up on picks moving with him."

Windhorst: “When you talk about him potentially going to the Miami Heat, which is his preference, one thing I’ve been told in the talks; the fact that the Thunder hold the two of the Heat’s first-round picks in the future — unprotected 2021, protected 2023 — makes this a difficult conversation because the Heat want those picks back,” Windhorst said. “The Thunder have expressed an interest in giving one of those picks back but they would want another pick farther off into the future. So I do think that these teams have a lot to talk about.”

#2 J.R., Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  3. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Lock it up!

bmelo, JuNx, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Miami should get 4 firsts for taking on that albatross contract.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This seems like a no-brainer, give them back 2021 but with a top X protected swap right. That's a tiny price to pay to get rid of the CP3 deal - far less than the ROckets paid.

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

rockets also got Westbrook come on are you really saying 1 pick is more valuable than westbrook?

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Even more, OKC can't go into the season with CP3. They can't bench him. And if he plays, they may not make the playoffs, but CP3/Gallinari/Adams plus is not going to suck. And for a proper rebuild, OKC needs to suck for the next couple years.

The difference between say a 5-8 picks vs. a 12-14 pick is worth a lot more than a late teens type pick.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Presti: Pat, take Houston's two picks. That's what they paid to unload CP's contract.

Riley: Nice try. You also got rid of Westbrook's contract in that deal. I don't have a top 5 worst contract to dump on you.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Picks Smicks... Trying to win now and no player we draft in 2026 is going to help. Newsflash, there won’t be a James Harden in that class either.

11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I think this just solidifies the fact that Houston got a pretty solid deal in Westbrook. Im not a fan of Westbrook at all, at least not yet, but I'm sure his contract would be easier to move. The fact that there is no market for CP3 and it requires multiple picks to be included just means Houston paid market to unload CP and got the last of a prime CP3 for $25M year 1 and $40M year 2 and then not obligated to pay him anymore. There is literally only 1 team who wants CP3. This article also makes me believe that Westbrook's top choice was Houston, and it wasn't just about making a trade work with either Miami or Houston. I'm starting to think Houston got a great return simply because OKC felt they owed Westbrook something by moving him to a preferred destination after all his years w the team.

arabrocket, Plowman and Ramo$e like this.
  12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Ban op please.

tinman likes this.
  14. MystikArkitect

CP3 trying to undermine Riley and Jimmy making Spoelstra's life hell will make Miami funny as hell to watch.

Poor Dragic and his Dynex.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The shitty part about the op is that he still hasnt changed the title.