1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thabo Sefalosha

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RichieBanks, Jul 17, 2019.

1. RichieBanks

RichieBanks Member

Listen we know it’s minimums from here on out but he can really fill that Ariza role.

IDIOT

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Thabo sucks

IDDIOT

UTSA2step, icewill36 and RudyTBag like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'll say what I've said about other guys. For the minimum, sure why not. I'd rather have him on the roster for the minimum then some other guy who can't even contribute that the coach hates.

However, he can't fill the "ariza role." He's old and can't get regular minutes anymore.

Like I said though, I won't get mad about him for the minimum. There's a handful of these guys where you say "Ok, sure I'm fine with that."

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does he though? Haven’t really watched him very closely the last couple years.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is there anyone above the “fine with that” level still on the market for you?

justtxyank likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes pretty bad these days. certainly not an everyday rotational player. and not a filler for the Ariza role like op thinks. and I'd even prefer playing clark over him at this stage of Thabo's career

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

did you just call yourself an idiot?

8. justtxyank

He's been a positive on the floor basically every year I think.

If you like ORTG and DRTG from basketball reference he's a positive for his team in both every year.

If you like RPM from ESPN, he's a BIG positive on defense (31st in the league) and the third rated non-big. He's a negative on offense however.

Historically his shooting is pretty streaky (similar to Ariza.)

Again though, he's going to be 35. He can't be a regular guy, but yes, for the minimum I have no objection.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Any chance Nick Collison can come back?

Matt78777 likes this.
  10. justtxyank

No.

Guys that are still out there that are likely to be "positive" contributors in limited minutes:
    -Thabo
    -Vince Carter
    -Jr Smith
    -Omri Casspi
    -Justin Holliday
    -Jonas Jerebko
    -Christian Wood

Shump is of course still out there. I'm not a fan AT ALL of his.

Dragan Bender is out there as a big if you want to take a flyer.

Kyle Korver is still the league's best spot up shooter I think, but he's pretty washed otherwise.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Remember Morey said that if the Battier trade didn't work out, he would have drafted Sefalosha over (the almost Durant level;)) Rudy Gay. Now Morey has the opportunity to fulfill his dream of getting Sefalosha?

RichieBanks likes this.
  12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

id take just about all of them over thabo, tbh, including VC old ass.

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

maybe he can carry Harden's bags

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I.D.I.O.T. = it deserved its' own thread

rhee, cml750, RichieBanks and 2 others like this.
  15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

thanks mayne

seclusion likes this.
  16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's the thing... he didn't use the periods.

So, realistically, he did just call himself an IDIOT.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Unless he just has nothing less, I would welcome his addition.

Concerning the Trevor Ariza role, the one thing Thabo brings that is under rated is a really long wingspan. Both Ariza and Thabo have a 7'2" wingspan.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

unfortunately it is minimums from here on out. and we still need a backup 4, and maybe another center since chandler only plays half the games (played 55 last year).

we don't really have minutes for thabo or holiday on the wing: rus (36), harden (36), rivers (24), ego (30), house (18).

we need frontcourt minutes, which is actually harder to find right now: tucker (32), Capela (30) with 34 minutes remaining. chandler will take 12 of those minutes but in only about half those games. that's still 22 minutes at the 4 with up to 30 minutes at the 4 on games where chandler doesn't play and tucker fills in at C by picking up extra minutes.

so 22-30mpg for a stretch 4 is really the reason we should've expanded the westbrook trade because that amount of minutes is more than a minimum guy should play. we can lower the remaining minutes if we increase tucker or chandler's expected minutes but that will run them into the ground by playoff time.

either way lets look for a stretch 4 and maybe a 3rd string center. thabo isn't the guy. the names remaining aren't that exciting either.

i'd focus on dante cunningham as the PF, maybe jerebko as a fallback option. to split games with chandler i'd look to bring back faried, or bring in noah, gortat, or koufos.

RichieBanks likes this.
  19. TipsyDixit

TipsyDixit Member

Thabo did average 7.3 RB per 36 last year while shooting over 40% on '3' (Yes I know he only took about 1 a game)

RichieBanks likes this.
  20. justtxyank

To be clear, when I say he can't fill the Ariza role it's about the minutes.

RichieBanks and Nook like this.