1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[O'Connor] Harden may have request trade from the Rockets if Chris Paul weren't traded...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blahblehblah, Jul 17, 2019.

1. riko

riko Member

Dude Paul was on a steep decline and everyone could see that. You add his nauseating attitude which you could tolerate if he was still a star but given his declining status and as mentioned before by nick wright he not only had got harden pissed but Eric Gordon and probaly others the option was clear.

Not even mentioning that ludicrously bad contract.

2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

if this true itd explain why we used the picks we did for brody

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

lmao harden apparently going to request a trade after he was the one who recruited him to be here. if true, it says more about harden than anything else. but doubt this is even true in the first place, so next

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

What the organization/players said prior to the trade is going to be colored by the need/want to "keep things in house" since they are under the assumption, they still need to work together.

Again, I don't really think it was to the point that Harden/CP3 hated each other or that he made the demands prior to WB being available. I really have no clue and wouldn't bet on either scenario. I could however find it plausible/possible that once Harden became aware of WB being on the trade block, his "problems" with CP and his belief that he couldn't win with CP, drove him to encourage/push/force Morey to make the trade.

Funny thing about the Tony Parker comments on Kawhi... when I read it in print , it sounded pretty bad lol. But when I saw the video of it, my reaction to it was completely different. In the video it didn't come across as critical but rather sympathetic and supportive.

HP3 likes this.
  5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Why would he? I 1000% believe Harden is completely fine playing his way with his guys being the man even if he doesn't win a ring. He talks the talk but until he steps up like Kobe and demands chance or actually changes his game for the betterment of the team this will be the case

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

honey mustard plz

8. dmoneybangbang

*** Conspiracy Corner***

There were real tensions that got intentionally overblown by GSW backed media in order to push the media away from how GSW botched Durant’s injury and GSW taking a step back. Yahoo Sports is a Bay Area company.

House Rockets and harold bingo like this.
  9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

one star against 4? and lets not forget the bad officiating which we absolutely could not afford to have being short handed. it was a single digit loss, and james played well aside from his 3pt FG%, but then again he some 3s taken away by poor officiating....

it was a chance, but definitely not a good one. and with cp3 out the rest of the playoffs im not that confident we take down lebron anyway. none of our defenders would have a chance on lebron. ariza skinny ass would get straight bullied, and tuck doesnt have the size or athleticism. if bron gets what he wants, then we are forced to send a lot of help, and just get picked up apart with his passing.

its great they finally put another star around him with in cp3, but he is older, and still was not a stacked team. we had a chance because we were so damn hungry. last year the roster was just all over the place, and cp3 declined. it was basically a one year window. overall, the front office has failed james harden. not that they haven't tried, but they haven't got the results. i would not blame him of he asked for a trade. he is about to be 30.

10. threepointshot3

Who cares the midget is gone

tc0330 likes this.
  11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Adding more talent to the roster should be the direct message that Harden sends to the FO.

The dip into the lux tax would be a given once they make the moves to push our hopes to return to the WCF into NBA Finals hopefuls.

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

This sounds like it is probably speculation.

But if true- that our only options were to trade for Westbrook or lose Harden, that id the first thing that makes me like this trade more

13. bmelo

bmelo Member

"I know exactly what we have to do"

peleincubus likes this.
  14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This is the first explanation I've heard that I'm wiling to accept. If I were Morey, I would make this trade only if the alternative was losing Harden.

15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

o_O:rolleyes:

House Rockets likes this.
  16. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

They have been considered the biggest threat to the Warriors the last 2 years, what is with this revisionist history that Morey did not surround Harden with championship caliber talent?

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This however swings back to narrative of CP3 and Harden were fighting, which, I've been told by many a clutchfan, is drastically overblown. But yeah, I agree with you, I think Harden forced Morey's hand here. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if Harden all-together bypassed DM and went to Tils and said this straight to him, hence why Tils forced Morey to do the deal. I'll be interested to see what leaks next.

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

they werent considered threats when the trade first happened. no one thought it was even going to work.

we got a star next to james, but one that is aging, and injury prone....and guess what happened ? he got injured in year one when was needed most, and in year 2 his age started to show. who could have seen that coming ?

im not saying we should not have done it, but if thats the best the front office could do during his prime, then it isn't good enough.

now we have made a move for westbrook, but if tillman is not willing to go into the tax to fill other holes in the roster then again, it is a failure. they arent doing enough

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Trade a guy that just wrapped up one of the greatest offensive seasons ever and just finished in the Top 5 in MVP voting for the FIFTH time in his career...or trade a guy that's worn out his welcome in his previous two stops that's clearly on the downside of his career. Hard decision Morey.

vlaurelio, House Rockets and tc0330 like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Rivers wasnt with us when he said that though? And I donno, its probably bias but PJ just doesnt strike me as that guy.

Thats what I believe yea. I definitely agree with you there.

I donno man haha, i just dont think there is any way you can say that(knowing that things were already tense) and he goes and says that to the media. Either hes dumb or he knew what he was doing.