1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dude get the stick out your ass I'm not deflecting on anything.

You asked to provide objective data, I gave you objective data on why I think WB mostly sucks. Your response is it doesn't matter because he has playoff success and the other players don't. If that's your standpoint why would I go on to continue digging up stats and data about how all of those players are objectively better to me? and yes TO ME because there is no "objective data" on who's top ten and who's not, those are all subjective list.

You just said WB is better than AD/Embiid/Jokic. SILLY. Go take your fake angry yearning to hear "legitimate evidence, objectivity and coherent discussion" elsewhere.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Let me try to make this easier for you to understand. You gave me reasons of why you think WB sucked. You never gave me reasons of why the others are better despite them never having done anything to show they are better. Do you understand? Are you still with me so far?

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. chenjy9

Supporting Member

So this is a good discussion here. There are two ways we can take this:
    1. Is Player A a better fit on the team than Player B?
    2. When we need someone to carry us, is that Player A or Player B?
    For me, it is the 2nd view that I use to determine if one player is better than another. For example, on our team Beal is a better fit? Absolutely! When Harden is struggling, would I rather have Beal or Westbrook to carry the team? In that case, Westbrook as he has done it again and again in a much tougher conference.

RudyTBag, RyanB and harold bingo like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm not going to take the time list all of the individual ways that large group of players I listed are better if you are clearly going to write it off as being just stats... lol.

I think your logic is broken fundamentally and won't attempt to further engage. Good day brotato.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. chenjy9

Supporting Member

So you have nothing objective or intelligent to say, got it.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

@chenjy9 , are you able to function irl? I’m concern d

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You got your feelings hurt and idiotically said stats ultimately mean nothing - only playoff success - when I brought up "objective and intelligent" (lol) data and why WB isn't a top player IMO.

Now your mad I won't take my time to give you the same stats for other players that you ALREADY dismissed for WB? Just so you can say "NAH PLAYOFFS BRO" when WB has actually been trash in the playoffs and KD was the one who led the Thunder to success all those years ago.

But keep replying with things like "You, unlike me, are not being objective, coherent, or intelligent sir" as if you have once brought up any "intelligent, objective and coherent" data or stats.... Oh I forgot, you brought up this very intelligent, coherent and objective masterpiece on why WB is better then Jokic

lmao get out of here man quit wasting your time...Wait, before you respond to this, I get it man, your smart, I'm dumb. I have not brought up any objective coherent and intelligent data like you have, I have a hard time understanding your really smart post and am just being completely mentally defeated by you.

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

LOL you are seriously overestimating yourself if you think you can ever hurt my feelings. The only emotional response you got out of me is ridicule. I never overreacted, I was simply waiting for you to put up or shut up. In the end, you threw a hissy fit, took your ball, and went home. That's absolutely fine with me.

There are a ton of people here that are able to have an objective discussion with me, where they do come up with both season and postseason metrics to back up their arguments and then the discussion starts. That's not you though. You prefer to sit around with your thumbs in your ears going "NUH NUH NUH NUH! WESTBROOK SUCKS!" That's fine, like I said, that's just your unsubstantiated opinion.

Clearest evidence that you are the one with your undies twisted? You try to claim you don't want to engage and that you can't be bothered to backup your arguments, yet you keep coming back for more. It's pretty funny actually.

RudyTBag and Invisible Fan like this.
  9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Bullsh!t.

That team had shooters and it was also a different era in the league where inside play was still a big part of success.

That 2013 team was loaded - Reddick , Crawford , Turkoglu , Barnes , Granger , Collison in addition to Blake & DJ.

topfive, Blurr#7 and Gray_Jay like this.
  10. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Does OP have a history of legit insider info?

I didn't see anything from Melo that indicated he wasn't accepting his role. Now I'm glad we cut him loose but a lot of this story now seems like speculation because that bit seems false from what I saw.

11. threepointshot3

Harden
    Greek freak
    Durant
    Curry
    Davis
    Lebron
    Joel the Ghana prince
    George
    Kawhi
    Lillard
    Jokic
    In no order are better but after that Russ is right there..
    At worst he is a top 15 player

12. amaru

amaru Member

Durant probably isn’t better at this point. Also, Embiid is from Cameroon, not Ghana

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yep. Where did it say this was ALL, 100%, on Harden?

And if all organizations cater to their star players, then what's the big deal here with Harden?

14. HP3

HP3 Member

What I’m arguing is that yea....they kinda forced Morey’s hand in this situation, at the very least I think Morey was in position where it was difficult to say no.

YOLO likes this.
  15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

It's not like herding cats...it's like being an involuntary cat box.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

You are so full of ****. We have $11M in TPEs to prove it. They specifically mentioned getting under the tax. They traded picks to dump min contracts and didn’t use the MLE for a championship level team.

topfive and D-rock like this.
  17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Wrong Heat and Lakers have no draft assets. They need to dump their trash for stars now. You don’t wait on stars and waste a season with older players. See CP3. If we had actually been willing to take on real salary and help Presti we could have helped him leverage moving CP3 to Heat without picks. Miami wanted Beal but cannot get him. 2020 FA sucks. Teams don’t want to wait two years to set their roster. This is not the Suns. CP3 is not getting bought out. If Heat continue to be stupid he will be a Laker by 12/15 for no picks.

18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

You could tell on his drives around big men that he was constantly having to do the serpentine movements and rocking far backward in his shots. It greatly affected his accuracy and rhythm. He was not the same player. This was Harden realizing he could not physically survive another season. He was desperate and a lifeline extended. I loved CP3. That’s not CP3.

topfive, RudyTBag and HP3 like this.
  19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

The sad thing is we could have been when we wouldn’t bite the bullet on Ryno.

D-rock likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The most objective profile pic arrives! :D

You aren’t biased at all!!! :p