1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He did, it just wasn't posted here. He said we are favorites.

dc rock likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Muthafu....

This trade was a 757, not a 767!!

Tilly is such fake rich guy. Cannot wait to hear his new excuses and all the money he spent enlarging his son's balls for the hidden benefit of the Rockets.

I'm admittedly bitter, I put too much faith in this owner.

4. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

So to recap

- we lost Ariza for nothing (didn’t even try to sign and trade him for a tpe)
    - didn’t use any mle last year
    - refused to use last years mle on house to save this years mle for more roster additions
    - dumped Melton with Anderson
    - dumped knight and picks for shump
    - paid assets to dump Ennis
    - didn’t use any MLE on new players this year
    - didn’t expand on the trade
    - shump still not signed to any kind of contract

All while we have glaring needs on the wings and backup center. All while harden dragged our ass to the playoffs. It’s fine if you want to be cheap but do not insult our intelligence by claiming you are working to add to the team and win at all costs. That is asinine and a blatant lie. There is in no way some team out there wouldn’t have been ok with literally trading a 11 million contract for minimal assets and free salary. Tillman has decided to handicap the team at the current salary. I’d be surprised if Gordon stays if he gets an offer even 2 million more than he is making now. Again PR bullshit aside the above actions speak for themselves. You don’t want to spend above tax. No need to say anything else.

BHannes2BHonest, Vivi, SC1211 and 3 others like this.
  5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The only way you hurt the owner is to stop going to games. Which obviously nobody will do. Might as well just shut up and stop complaining about him. He is a cheap POS. It is what it is.

Hakeemtheking, Ramo$e, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...h-confident-James-Harden-Russell-14101109.php

“That’s what great players do,” D’Antoni said. “Great players figure it out. They make it work.

“I go back to USA Basketball,” said D’Antoni, an assistant on the 2012 Olympic team that included Westbrook and Harden. “You have all those guys, and all of them have the ball in their hands. When you want to make it work, they all did. You’ve got the best team in the world with all that talent — nobody stepped on anybody’s toes. It was great. It’ll be the same thing.

“You only get problems when the chemistry is not right or they don’t want to be there. I’m excited about it, and I think the pairing will work.”

[...]

“I think the biggest thing is that they played together,” D’Antoni said. “They know how to play off each other. I think we’ll be in the open court a lot more. Then we’ll try to exploit that and play at a faster pace to try to get to the rim. We’ll be able to spread the floor. If James is kicking to Russ, he can shoot or get to the basket, but we’re going to open the floor up like we always do.”

D’Antoni also cited Westbrook’s strength as an explosive ballhandler. Harden led the NBA and Westbrook was third in drives per game, but Westbrook led the league by far in assists off drives.

“I think he’ll have a lot more room to get to the rim,” D’Antoni said of Westbrook. “He’s going to find a way to be devastating. He always has. That’s the way great players are. It makes my job a lot easier. We’ll try to maximize their potential and get the most out of everybody on the floor.

“He’s going to help with the rebounding and playing with such athleticism. That’s probably something we missed: the athleticism. He’ll bring that dynamic. He’ll bring a force to the table.

Plowman, Vivi, hakeem94 and 1 other person like this.
  7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

CP being traded to OKC aged him decades over night. Sad.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Warmly welcome to Houston, Russ!!!!

Still in shock.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

When Clay Bennett/small market OKC will pay the tax but my new governor won't.

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

He aged a lot less last year when he signed that contract but it was a whole lot sadder than this

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

That's BS reporting. James Harden would never do that.

14. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The one thing I truly like about Westbrook is his utter lack of a poker face.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Guys consider this hypothetical........

Let's say OKC did NOT trade Jerami Grant to Denver.

Then when the Rockets make the RW trade they have the chance to *add in* Grant to the deal. (that long athletic front court player we covet!)

BUT...it puts the Rockets into the LT!!! (oh noes!)

And then Tilman deems *Jerami Grant* not a *marquee name* worthwhile to put us in the LT, and thus make sure he isn't included in the deal!

THIS.....is the type of thinking that is beyond scary to me.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

it's the case.

Tilman wants to add a wing like Demar Derozen not a wing like Robert Covington or Otto Porter or even Justise Winslow.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If Tilman is as big of a Rockets fan as he makes himself out to be he should know that the Mario Elies, Sam Cassells, Kenny Smiths of the world are critical to a championship team because the Hakeems of the world simply cannot win it all by themselves.

Ramo$e, joshuaao and treyk3 like this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Tilman is the biggest fan ever so shutup and listen.

HE GETS THE BIGGEST STARS.
    HE SPENDS SO MUCH MONEY.
    HE'S SO BRAVE.

steddinotayto likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

*MARQUE NAME!*

*SELL TICKETS!*

treyk3 likes this.