1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amazon Prime Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jsingles, Jul 10, 2017.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Good pickup on the blender. I want a Vitamix but its hard to justify spending that much on just a blender, but then again, I couldnt justify spending more than 100 bucks on one. Here I am, with a Ninja, I got on sale, and dont know how I got along so far without one.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Same. The way I justified it to myself is that these are usually $300-$400 for the entry-level Vitamixes.

Now, the real issue: how will I justify it to the Mrs? Also, where the **** will it go? There is no free countertop space.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Just list the possibilities of what you can blend. Smoothies, juice, baby food, babies, purees, the list goes on.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Link?

Edit: looks like it was a return

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Autocorrect changed it - supposed to say "refurb"

It's expired now

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Dang it, thanks

7. marky :)

marky :) Member

Rexing V1 Dash Cam 55% off. @what

bobrek, Tommyboy and tmoney1101 like this.
  8. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Thanks for the heads up! I've been wanting a dashcam for sometime now and picked up two of them. Reviews look good!

9. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Picked up a few unnecessary items. An echo show 5 to use as an alarm clock, a couple hue color bulbs which came with an echo dot, and a PlayStation plus subscription for $20 off. Haven’t ever used ps plus before, and probably won’t use it much, but may download a few games.

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It feels weird to see Brodie as yours or anyone else’s avatar here.

bobloblaw likes this.
  11. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Can’t argue with that. It’s a new world!

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Got this too. Looked fun and unnecessary but it was a good deal

13. likestohypeguy

Highly recommend this citizen solar (quartz) diver for $91

Lifelong Seiko auto enthusiast recently chilled with lower case /finishing/bezel snick quality. Have the black version, paid more. Trying not to get a blue too

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Got $10 in Amazon credit for spending $10 at Whole Foods, and a free reusable bag b****es!

tmoney1101 likes this.
  15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I looked at Whole Foods for an hour on prime now struggling to find anything I need from there but I just couldn’t come up with 35 bucks worth of stuff. The fancy brands confuse my frugal mind. Would’ve been easy if alcohol counted towards the coupon.

Picked up this 8tb external for 20 bucks off just Incase I have to dust off the ole pirate ship for the coming streaming wars.

Seagate Desktop 8TB External Hard Drive HDD - USB 3.0 for PC Laptop and Mac (STGY8000400) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CQJBSQL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2eMlDbQVEJ2J6

16. what

what Member

It all worked out, I called my good friend progressive today and they saved me $40 a month on my insurance and they even knew about this accident. What doesn't fool around, if I have an accident, best believe I'm going to leave your insurance company with the quickness.

Paying $40 less, so the accident is a blessing in disguise. Only thing I'm out is $290 for deferment for that bogus ticket and the $500 deductible, but I'm saving $240 on my insurance 6 month premium, so I'm out $550 bucks. Not bad considering.

marky :) and tmoney1101 like this.
  17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I bought a Dolphin pool cleaner for $400 off and have thoroughly enjoyed watching it clean my pool tonight. No more manual vacuuming is the awesome. Bought some other **** too, stuff I normally buy but everything was much cheaper today. My pool cleaner though give me the bones

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Robots are amazing, even if they're going to doom us all. We haven't hand vacuumed in years save for the stairs.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I figured you would just turn your helicopter on and blow off the floating leaves and then just drain the pool and ship in new water from the melting icebergs.

20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Same. Ended up getting another Firestick for $5.