1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Clemons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 6, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

He's the perfect player for Morey not to sign and us to b**** over for the whole year.

Ketchup&Mustard likes this.
  2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

house and clemons would be a lot of fun to watch off the bench. not sure there's minutes for chris with harden, westbrook, ego, rivers...

fattz and D-rock like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

So, has anybody an idea of what is the situation with him (and Ponds) at thsi point? Are they still on a exhibit 10 contract?

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

They are. I wouldn't be surprised if they both get 2-way contracts to start the season.

mikol13, smoothie, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with @Deuce, they are likely to get 2-way contracts this season.

At this point it is almost useless to try to figure out the bench configuration until the Chris Paul trade is completed because we do not know who all will leave and be brought in.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hope he becomes coveted by other teams because not going to get any reps with Rockets.

Nook and BigShasta like this.
  7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

that would be great. he would be our melton/greene summer league asset. maybe gersson likes him as much as morey does so we can land covington. most likely he leads the vipers in scoring and gets called up only if rus or rivers will miss a game.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/27170955/the-absolute-best-rookies-nba-summer-league

Kevin Pelton's best rookies in the Summer League. Clemons got a mention...

Best shooter: Chris Clemons | Houston Rockets

Clemons, who finished his career at Campbell University third on the all-time Division I scoring list, signed a camp contract with the Rockets after going undrafted. He made a strong case for a spot on the roster during summer play, knocking down nearly five 3-pointers a game at a 42% clip.

Clemons is a dangerous shooter off the bounce who's also capable of being a spot-up threat. He's an NBA-caliber offensive player, but the question is whether Clemons can hold up defensively at 5-foot-9.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

A few interesting numbers on Clemons:

Height: 5'9"
    Wingspan: 6'2"
    Vertical: 42.5"
    Weight: 188 lbs

Everything I can find about this kid says he's a crazy athlete, fast, explosive, muscular, a deadeye shooter and a great finisher.

It looks like his only issue is height. He might just be one of those rare Nate Robinson types that can make it in the league.

banzai, D-rock, BaselineFade and 4 others like this.
  10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Nate was freakishly athletic. This kids more like Isaiah Thomas,

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Would be thrilled if he gave us IT production.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah, in my mind I have the play of him outrunning the defenders fastbreaking down the court WITH the ball. Crazy athleticism indeed, dunking at 5’9” that’s insane. I would even guess the pro-level spacing would only highlight his ability. He’s gotta learn to be be pesky on defense, I’m not sure he could provide much but he definitely has the microwave ability where in the right spots he could come in and put 15 on the board in about 5 minutes. Be interested to see if the rockets keep him around and develop that spark plug mentality.

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Even IT can't give IT production anymore. I was just saying that if he sticks, he will play like IT. No defense, and shoot first.

14. JW86

JW86 Member

Tnx! We need offense so just sign the guy to a 3-year deal immediately.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The video on that page also has a sweet highlight of Chris Chiozza. :D

Looking at Clemons' shooting numbers, I wouldn't have guessed he'd be this lethal from outside. Makes me wonder if he just got hot or has been practicing a lot. Of course, he was jacking those 3's up from the parking lot, so I guess we'll see.

16. fattz

fattz Member

I am hoping Ego turns into a big before the season and Tucker starts the season at the small forward.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bro deep down you knew exactly who would leave and who would be coming in. tilman is the most predictable SOB in the league

RichieBanks likes this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

He maybe the leader of the bench or brigade by closing out blow outs. Keeps tempo and scoring to push the game further out of reach. He would “Plan C” if we get hit by injuries —> deep depth.

Maybe in future his role spark off bench —> Tempo change.

I see value in him even at his size.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I would be surprised if he's not on the roster.

20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

In Morey's instagram post on House signing, it seems that he confirmed that Clemons was signed officially as well. Has anyone seen the confirmation anywhere?