1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Chron) How Russell Westbrook will fit with Rockets and James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

he's played 80 games or more 3 of the last 4 yrs. That's more than Harden. Russ' knees are fine.

I do like the cheap cornbread analogy. cheap cornbread that falls apart is very disappointing. But when i think of Westbrook, i don;t think cheap cornbread. More like a cinnabon. I really like cinnabon.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Everybody want you to pay for information that is commonly found in the media. Not going to do it.

BlastOff! and don grahamleone like this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden said he was willing to go off-ball more when Chris Paul arrived to.

No reason to believe it at this point.

justtxyank and YOLO like this.
  4. Remlap

Remlap Member

This is a different dynamic

1) CP was brought to 'James' team' to help out. Sort of an 'outsider'
    1) James and Russ are childhood friends
    2) They were re-united and pretty formidable teammates in OKC
    3) James was 6th man in OKC and Russ a starter it was Russ/Durant's team.
    James was Robin to WB's Batman

I think James is tired of carrying the load and welcomes another option, like old times in OKC.
    They played pretty well off of each other. With WB's motor and energy creating havoc for defenses,
    he can pitch to James to drive or shoot.

I'm thinking we'll see James running the break more along with WB.
    I see WB being the new PG and James playing off ball able to save more energy for the break.
    WB is the Energizer bunny

We'll see how it works out. Could be a 2 headed monster

#44 Remlap, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    don grahamleone likes this.
  5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Not really....a old guy vs a guy that can get u 30.

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Your smarter that that's sir, sports is about maximizing what u have. During the cp3 I always told people u get more total bang for ur buck by having cp3 play off the ball since harden has a greatest impact on the ball then cp3 on the ball n harden off it.

Westbrook harden is the exact opposite.....we knew harden could play off the ball.with cp3 only that ur bang was higher with harden on it compared to cp3 on it.

Westbrook on the other hand is more maximized been on the ball compared to him being off it.

No one can stop guys like lbj of old, Westbrook or gainnis from getting to the rim one on one. That's a key point, one on one. How u beat those guys is wall off the paint forcing other guys to become shooter. If the other guys are shooter u make said defense pay. It's really easy to understand.

People stop.letting ur dislike of west cloud ur brains. Ask what can u do with what ur players do best before u ask what they cant do.

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

At least if CP3 can't beat the defender he knows who to get the ball to and how to control the tempo. Once Westbrook who after another knee surgery again this offseason can't blow by defenders.. what can he do? Chris paul is one of the best passers/ decision makers this game has ever seen. Yes still is even without his ability to beat defenders. People say we probably only had one decent year of paul... well anything gives out on westbrook that affects his speed and ability to get to the hole, we'll be begging to ship him out without any of our draft picks to offer. Harden should have learned to play off ball even with cp3 here.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

How? 30+ games of injuries to cp3 capela and ego. Harden needed to play dominant avg 40+ pts a game just to get us in the playoffs

D-rock and mike2k132 like this.
  9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Show me something you’ve ever believed in

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. Chamillionaire

Good video.

D-rock likes this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

All of this talk about Chris Paul being so great is only true under optimum conditions. Last year we had him for 75% of the games playing at about 75% of his capabilities.

This goes back to the T-Mac question of greatness. What does it matter how good a star is if they’re not fully invested in the team?

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Exactly people dont tell the whole story.
    Then like I always say year 1, cp3 was more involved.

Its was all cause of injury n standing that u had to go to harden like that.

It's so obvious but people make up fake reasons why. Like harden was the only consistent player in the lineup n he happened to be the mvp, u would think the would lean heavy on him when The season took a ****

vlaurelio likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This thread is full of old wounds...everyone be bringing up former rockets failures legends.

I wish Chris could’ve broken down the warriors last year with his drives like he did the year before. A) that took him past his limit B) his body could not recover as quickly during playoff season while both teams played a core seven player rotation.

Prob why he was demanding different plays and shifts, but ultimately it wasn’t his team to command.

I hope harden figures out his playoff jitters. If he wants to hand it to Russ, fine by me. Just don’t pout or disappear every other game.

topfive likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Westbrook got left behind by two super stars... it's his time baby

Chamillionaire likes this.
  15. SRR21

SRR21 Member

16. BlastOff!

BlastOff! Member

CP3 was washed up by the time he got here. Russ has a ton left in the tank and when he drives defenses will respect that. Harden / CP3 relationship was purely professional. He and Westbrook go way back. That’s the difference here.

17. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Well, Francis also had some off court addictions and wasn't known to take care of his body... Kinda a dumb comparison IMO.