1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

An nba players value is always assessed by both his performance and contract at the very least

Guess thats true for most professional sport

2. HP3

HP3 Member

He didnt up to his contract, I get that. But he was still a positive on the court. That contract affected nothing. Like nothing, people are angry at it for no reason.

YOLO likes this.
  3. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Keep going...can't wait to see where this anime betrayal lands in your top 10 list. It reads like a fan fiction.

4. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

If Chris Paul comes out with negative talk about the rockets - I’ll be pissed. We deal with enough of that crap from the media. We gave him the contract he wanted - he almost got us over the hump, but didn’t. We parted ways. We got younger with a higher ceiling.

I mean... cp3 is head of the PA... he of all people should know what that contract can do to a team’s cap. He knows his age - he knows he’s in decline.

Free agency this year was loco - goalposts moved and we bring in Westbrook. If MDA can get this backcourt to flourish - morey will get a ton of credit for making a savvy move.

5. biff17

biff17 Member

Where in that did he say he was actually offered the full max?

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

so hes just saying it for no reason at all. i can sign here for 5 year 205 or 210 is just something he decided to say right. it even gets reiterated in another meeting with jayz

#446 YOLO, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Does anyone else find it hard to have sympathy for millionaires. If I was a rich as Paul I wouldn't care much about anything.

8. biff17

biff17 Member

So as usual you got nothing.

Why didn't George go home to LA when he was a FA if it was so important to him?

So it's ok to trade somebody when you just signed him over the summer and recruited him with the pitch of he would be the face of the franchise, because you don't want the repeater tax but it's bad when you trade someone who you just have given a 4 year max even when he came off an injury and is showing signs of declining.

That makes total sense.

You don't even believe this nonsense.

9. basketballholic

Because he couldn't get 5 years with MSC raises and because they're was nobody there to play with.

10. biff17

biff17 Member

You know it could be wishful thinking of just trying to save face.

or it could be he thought he would get an offer that never came which is why he came to Houston, once again he never said it was actually offered to him.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol of course. cp3 is just sitting around with no idea what he has on the table and what his options are when hes actually discussing what he wants to do about his future, with the most important people in his life. nvm talking about his life, kids, family:rolleyes:

cf's classic stubbornness. no wonder sauces get so much clout.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  12. biff17

biff17 Member

He could have played with LeBron and he did not want to go to LA until Kawhi recruited him.

And why did you ignore how terrible the Clips where to Blake?

They actually pitched him on signing because they were going to build around him and then traded him.T

The Rockets actually fulfil there promise to Paul even after he got injured.

Again.

13. biff17

biff17 Member

Whatever dude you can interpret it anyway you want.I

But the fact is he never says this is what they offered.

Don't really care

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

lmao sure sounds like you do. whatever makes you feel better about those sauces

dude can be talking about his life and everything surrounded by his circle. tells them he has this option on the table to return the clips. and the cf's logic is well he was never offered it. LOL foh

15. basketballholic

I explained it to you.

Make a donation.

No more.

16. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Yup. Morey wanted to keep his job and tilman wanted to win. If we would of won the year he tore his hammy we would t of traded him this year.

vlaurelio likes this.
  17. biff17

biff17 Member

You explained nothing and once again you reasoning is just asinine when facts are presented.

18. biff17

biff17 Member

Never said it was offered or on the table.

Stopping making stuff up.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

cf's great iq on full display. thought you didn't care. i guess sounding ridiculous is just a little too much to contain for yourself

20. biff17

biff17 Member

I

What?