1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isn’t the news about why Harden and CP3 blew up at each other a little concerning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by igotwhipscollectingdust, Jul 13, 2019.

1. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

No, this is too much, too far.

RichieBanks likes this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You know what, I get that. I agree. A tear down rebuild would've been fine with me ( especially for a Paul George / Clippers trade-type haul) but I'm glad that they are exhausting the possibilities.

3. MystikArkitect

Pretty sure that Harden and Westbrook know this is their last ride. Ditto Gordon and Tucker. This is their last chance at making a run. They can either adapt their games to championship level ball, or they can go down as the Dominique Wilkins and Reggie Millers of the NBA. Fun to watch, stat paddy players that could never adapt their games to championship level ball.

Harden probably did the Rockets a favor if he forced CP3 out. He did the same with Dwight. Two aging stars who’s games were no longer adaptable. CP3 could give us a few good games here and there but was undependable at 38 million a year.

Westbrook isn’t Kawhi or Paul George who would’ve been better fits. But he’s way better than CP3 right now. This could be a Finals appearance or it could be Charles Barkley and Scottie Pippen.

I’ve got my popcorn ready.

Gray_Jay, charlieaustin and IBTL like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

All we can do is cheer for the team, I wanted to run it back with all the turnover around the league and our team having come together, I thought we would be the favorites.

Now, I just don't know......Westbrook is a known chucker, and a bad shooter - I love his competitive fire, and it is important that Harden like someone....apparently very important.

So, we have what we have, I don't believe we are better, but will root for it none the less.

I will say this though, if the team struggles, I will be in favor of blowing it up and trading both Harden and Westbrook - I have seen enough to have serious doubts about both of them being actual leaders of teams....

Both seem to be overly sensitive - something I personally think causes big game failure.

DD

RichieBanks likes this.
  5. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

No way PG wanted to come to Houston and stand st the three point line all game long. It's why KD, Kawhi, Lebron and any other true superstar wont come to Houston as long as Harden plays the way he does.

charlieaustin and DaDakota like this.
  6. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Harden basically sitting plays out when CP3 was initiating the offense really shouldn't have been a problem. James taking his defender out of the play (because his defender had to respect his shot and also doesn't want him to get the ball having to closeout and get cooked) and allowing CP3 to basically initiate a 4 on 4 should have been a huge advantage (that also allows James to save his legs), but CP3 couldn't beat his guy off the dribble like he could two years ago.

If James does the same thing this year with Russ, Russ going 4 on 4 with better floor spacing than he had in OKC should be able to destroy defenses, at least for a year or two. The problem is Russ can't do that when James initiates because defenses don't have to respect his shooting. Russ is going to have to get much better cutting off ball and I'm not sure he has that in him at this point in his career. He might, though, and if he does we could be dangerous offensively.

Game7 and dachuda86 like this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Curious why would you prefer getting rid of top player in harden and move the window out to 2024 or further?

I just dont get this mentality on any level.
    My presumption is you dont think this team can do it as constructed but shooting for an unkown in 2024 or later is a big presumption too. Whos to say you wont want to blow that up then?
    Bird in the hand today dude. In this case westbrook mvp and harden for 2 good shots next year and and the next.

This is not mlb and we are not the loser texans. The time is now.
    Respect to your opinion just trying to understand. Westbrook is not god but hes a damn good player. Cringe shots sometimes.

Also i think presti didnt want lakers getting kwahi. No one seems to want to mention that.
    Paul George is from los angeles and didnt request to go to houston. To assume rockets could have gotten him is dumb.
    This was morey being morey and pouncing on westbrook AFTER the kwahi/paul george. Facts back that up.

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like your already decided.
    What is your leash?
    Bad start?
    Miss playoffs?
    5 seed or worse?

Put your name on it

D-rock likes this.
  9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Man the team /players doesn’t get paid to play 4 on 4. That taking plays off **** needs to stop. It’s very disrespectful and unprofessional in a halfcourt setting

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Last I checked the rockets scored on every possession but 2 during that stretch. Who cares who was scoring because that wasnt the reason we lost that game.

Rebounding was.

Watch the games man

And harden was responsible for quite a few of those points off of assists.

Harden had 31/8/4 and shot 10/16 from the field

Cp3 had 11/6/6 and shot 3-14 and 0-6 on threes.

I’m trying to figure out how harden is more responsible for that loss than cp3.

Their both the two best players on the team getting paid equal right?

Maybe if cp3 scored 20 points that game we win? Maybe if he shoot better than 20% we win I dunno this is a hard one lol

D-rock, Air Canada, Hmc415 and 2 others like this.
  11. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Harden definitely earns his money regardless as to whether he takes some plays off.

Playing 4v4 instead of 5v5 should be a huge advantage for the offense if you have the requisite personnel. The less defenders there are to help and the more floor spacing, the bigger the advantage for the offense. When NBA players play 1 on 1 they usually limit each possession to like 3 dribbles because in 1 on 1 the offensive player can probably score every single time.

D-rock likes this.
  12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Team oriented offense =! better offense, and the media has literally no part in that equation.

Ball in CP3’s hands 5 years ago = great

Ball in CP3’s hands today = average

It’s amazing how much you have to simplify a sides take these days. Do yourselves a favor people, and actually think about the other side of the argument.

Disclaimer: I actually don’t think we’re significantly better after this trade.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The thing is you need a PRIME star with Harden to win the chip. They didn't have that with CP3. I didn't realize Westbrook was available or that he would want to play here. But CP3 was diminishing before our eyes and rather than run it back for three years, I would've gotten what I could while Harden had value. With Westbrook, let's take our shot and see what happens.

D-rock, IBTL and studogg like this.
  14. raining threes

Harden is like Kobe without all of the talent around him.

This trade keeps the championship window open for another 3 yrs.

That window was closed with Paul here.

Who knows if this is going to work out, but it's a move that needed to be made. Gotta make some more moves to add some size to the frontcourt.

15. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

The problem is that he mopes out of the play on offense. He plays horrible D unless he is guarding a bigger guy trying to post him, he doesnt hustle back after turnovers, doesnt fill the lane on a rotation he merely swipes at balls.

If the entire team played like that we would be ****.

16. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

But you do realize Westbrook is rapidly declining right?

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rockets would have never gotten a meeting with any of those stars with or without Harden. It's just a fact. Before Harden got here via trade, NO STARS were clamoring for Houston.

D-rock likes this.
  18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He's better than CP3. Not debatable. When you " decline" and can still average a triple double for a playoff team in the NBA, that's pretty damn good.

D-rock likes this.
  19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So Harden is holding the team back?

D-rock and IBTL like this.
  20. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Ok, i know I said we were done, but you piqued my curiosity. What part of your post do you believe was “FACT”?