1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook vs CP3 Stats Comparison

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gotsis, Jul 12, 2019.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

Giving Russell Westbrook the keys to MDA's offense is downright scary. Far from the typical Presti/OKC mold, Russ will have space to operate while being surrounded by snipers. Russ obviously needs to play within himself, monitor his minutes/usage, but he and JH could put up some crazy numbers together. Defense will be the billion dollar question, but Morey has put together some squad.

Russ/Rivers
    EG/Green
    JH/House
    PJ/Clark
    Clint/Chandler

Who's stopping that? That's a good, deep bench, and it'll make for some interesting and lethal lineups.

D-rock, Wulaw Horn and Hakeemtheking like this.
  2. gotsis

gotsis Member

Yeah, I agree, although I looked up Points Produced per Isolation play (something I didn't check in my original post) and to my suprise Westbrook's average is 0.75 and CP3 was 0.92 - wasn't expecting that from the way CP3 was moving so slow. They attempted the same number of isoplays per game. He also is subpar in PPP in pick and rolls and transition points (what??). Well, still holding on to the fact his PER was better and CP3 will decline more rapidly...

Funny to see how much JH isos: 16.4, the second place is Jonh Wall with 5.6 hahaha.

Kim and Relativist like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The biggest plus to me is that he just doesn't consistently miss as many games every year as Chris for knees and hamstrings. Sure, anyone can get injured, but Chris simply has more wear and tear from age. I feel good about the odds of having a star on the court more. That, and a better rebounder. We can use more help in that area. We gave away too many games by simply not being more aggressive in snagging the rebounds.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He had never been out of the 2nd Round before he got to play with Harden lol. This board is just as ridiculous as the talk shows some times lol

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We really need a power foward.

6. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

What is more of a dumb ****ing talk show point? A players smarts or an arbitrary standard of greatness(second round)?

BTW the OP lies several times. EFG% is not close. PER is way closer and that is what CP3 thriving at non-boxscore things(Directing the offense, playing defense, communicating, spacing, screening), all things Westbrook does not do whatsoever while Westbrook is literally a stat-padder.

CP3s PER was 19.7.

RPM(A stat that has beaten out Vegas for years):

CP3: 4.76

WB: 2.51

Kim likes this.
  7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I agree with you about cps b-ball Iq but he had all the talent in the world with LA and didn't even make it to a conference finals. As smart of a player as he is, he’s not a great teammate.

Corrosion and CCity Zero like this.
  8. gotsis

gotsis Member

9% difference in EFG% and those are the PER stats from basketball reference. Anyway, the post wasn't made necessarily to defend the trade, but to understand where we win and where we lose with it.

Still think it gives us a longer window and if cp3 doesn't have a bounce back year, this will look like a steal for the Rockets.

Corrosion and SF3isBack!! like this.
  9. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

All good with the stats but you is missing the most important stat

Basketball IQ

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Just like we like to pull the hammy card, he was a couple j-smoove and Corey Brewer fluke 3s from going there. That was a crazy comeback

11. gotsis

gotsis Member

Hope with Harden being the main guy, he will play a little bit more in control.

Kim and SF3isBack!! like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I go as far as to say, if he had close to Lebron's size and body, he has them rings....

Being 6'0 and all, it is harder to win rings.......just ask Allen Iverson.

This is basketball and not soccer or bowling, size matters.

Tony Parker was 6'2.
    Curry is 6'3.

13. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

We should try to see if WB can be the 2nd Corner 3 pt shooter. He shoots better there than from the elbows, also with his athleticism, he create some quick blow-bys to the basket. He just never shot from there because the ball was in his hands to control most possessions. Get corner 3's up to 25-30% of his 3pt shots, and he could be effective.

Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 7.48.45 AM.png

gotsis, SF3isBack!! and hakeem94 like this.
  14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Ummmm, Why doesn't CP3 have a ring then?

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

How you definne bbiq?

BeardNation13 likes this.
  16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You are posting this as if i said that WB is an efficient player when in fact I know and have posted that he's not. Thats not the point. Paul made it impossible to keep him. With that bad contract his bad play combined with age and bad attitude. We weren't winning a championship with him he was basically just gonna become old kobe. no thank you.

Corrosion likes this.
  17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Because better teams have won. It doesn't mean CP3 is not a smart player who cannot help win a chip.

Maybe the trade will work out. Maybe it'll be a disaster. Nobody knows at this point. It's just all speculation or informed speculation.

I freaking hope it works, and the evidence that points to that possibility is the rebounding, health, improved fast-breaking, and putting WB into a system with many shooters for the first time. Those are very valid reasons, but it's not a slam dunk because there are valid reasons it'll be terrible: 3pt shooting percentage, bad decision-making, off-ball defense. For this to be a huge success, WB's good will have to continue and his bad traits will have to change.

As Rockets fans, we're all hoping for that scenario, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out potential pitfalls. There's a lot of uncertainty for this next season.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This is great when he's healthy enough to play.

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

People severely underrate availability. I don't think Harden has it in him to pull off again what he did last year without getting exhausted.

Now we have two of the NBA's iron men sharing minutes, hopefully that means by the playoffs, they'll both be in good condition.

Reg season don't really matter because no matter how you play, with two recent MVPs, you're going to easily win 50+ games, even in this year's west.

In the end, it's all about playoffs and Russ has been gassed the last 3 years heading into the playoffs, hopefully this changes now that he has Harden next to him. I'm more concerned about D'antoni not being able to coach the talent change and his lack of adjustments in the playoffs.

SF3isBack!! and gotsis like this.
  20. biff17

biff17 Member

What?

They were up 3 -1 what happened to the other games?

You are not even trying to make sense.