1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pros of gaining WB and Cons of losing CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 13, 2019.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Definitely agree with you

2. dejamike

dejamike Member

When we signed him the max last year, I wonder if Morey explored a sign and trade options with another team.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Cons: no more manboobs rumors

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I love apples and oranges

5. mockster

mockster Member

Agree completely, CP3 deserves nothing but respect from us. I actually kind of feel bad we did him like that.

6. threepointshot3

Miami with his hundred of millions is a great place to live

mockster likes this.
  7. mockster

mockster Member

Would be ironic if he went to Miami with the traitor Jimmy Butler who blew us off basically last minute.

It’s kind of mind boggling why thunder would even take on his contract if they intend to trade him

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

They did wb a solid

9. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

As players that's clear. the question is whether it's worth the draft picks.

10. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

...and got rid of $60M or so in salary obligations while they're trying to save $$ during the rebuild.

vlaurelio likes this.
  11. mockster

mockster Member

Oh I know they did but I’m still picking my organization and future over doing somebody a solid

When’s the last time morey did somebody a solid?. I’m sure it makes the organization look good but also now their stuck with a terrible contract

12. vlaurelio

Morey did parsons a solid

Thats even worse

Rw gave his all to okc

13. mockster

mockster Member

Well a good example of us shafting a player recently is Chris Paul himself lol.

No doubt he did but it’s still a business but if he can flip his contract then I suppose all is well but by recent reports it looks like he has to pay Teams even more just to take on his contract

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Cons of keeping Paul: our window is closed shut and Harden's prime is wasted

Pros of trading for Westbrook: our window is now extended by 3 years, right around when both of their contracts can be traded if Tilman wants a rebuild

vlaurelio likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

Miami actually want to land paul so worst case is thunder give one of the picks but they get some young serviceable players. They could have done a 3 way but presti i guess wanted to have more time.and flexibility on what to do with cp3

And okc had no choice houaton was wbs only choice and thats better than wb and his contract lingering longer on their hands

16. DanO 337

DanO 337 Member

I think it was j.j. reddick who said that the rockets treat their players like assets instead of working with them and building. Something along the lines of that. I could be mistaken. I kinda see that. But given the recent transactions, we are kinda the same only without Cp3. I hope we can continue to build a structured team and actually have a real locker room that honestly enjoys playing together. Im just trying to be optimistic.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Playoffs - double team Harden and let Westbrook shoot = Rocket's trouble.

DD

#37 DaDakota, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019