1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. basketballholic

Pre or post Westbrook?

2. basketballholic

There's more to it than that. You are choosing to be ignorant.

Rasheed, Ramo$e and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  3. magichat281

magichat281 Member

when you get to age your family is growing up into teens and you have a phat mortgage and family future plans change. You wanna milk as much you can before you retire because one day you could be making max contract then the next day they wanna offer you the minimum contract like boogie.

HP3 and Ramo$e like this.
  4. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

YAWN - same old argument. CP3 is getting paid so you shouldn't feel bad for him and CP3 shouldn't feel betrayed.

Such narrow minded thinking....

xcrunner51, HP3 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  5. basketballholic

Im not convinced Morey lied to Cp3 when they met in LA. I don't think the Kawhi/ George situation had unfolded yet.

The question I have is did Presti offer Paul George to Morey? Because I would think Morey would have agreed to the same picks and pick swaps that the Clippers gave plus EGo and Capela.... which is a superior return to Gallo.

Either Presti didn't offer to Morey... which was quite dumb on his part... or Morey didn't offer or agree to Presti's demands which was quite dumb on his part.

I think the lie is Harden supposedly telling Morey right after our season ended that he wanted Westbrook. I don't think Harden said anything to Morey about wanting Westbrook until after the Paul George trade was announced.

And I personally think the narrative that #TwoChoppers and son was developed by Morey in conjunction with #TwoChoppers to attempt tti give Morey some defensive cover for trading Cp3 after meeting with Cp3 and telling him he wouldn't be moved and further discussing 50 free agents with him in conjunction with Harden.

Paul was still in the loop at that point. If there was at all on the burner with Harden telling Morey he wanted Westbrook and giving Morey an ultimatum them Morey wouldn't have given Paul those assurances.

In my opinion, based on facts of what actually transpired, Harden wanting Westbrook was not a play until after the George trade.

Further evidence is this. Presti had been trying to move Westbrook all summer. He offered him to Phoenix and Chicago and others and couldn't get a deal. Of they'r really was a "him or me" demand on the table by Harden then... we'r could have EASILY traded Paul and a minimum for Westbrook/ Roberson and Presti would have jumped at the opportunity to to move Westbrook out for Paul while getting out of the tax.

D-rock and GermanRoxFan like this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Pre

7. basketballholic

Paul George for all the picks and Ego/Capela..

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not blaming Cp3 for taking the money, I'm just saying his made his own bed. Since he took the max and made himself a massive liability no surprise Rox will trade him eventually.

I dont understand your point what do you mean clinging to all the talent they got? They just traded Cp3 and tried to trade half the team for Jimmy B what about that is teying to keep all the talent they got? If Morey had little confidence FAs would join them he wouldnt release leaks saying his confident signing Jimmy and Tad Brown wouldnt have said to expect fireworks. If anything they have too much confidence and always get stood up so I have 0 clue what you are trying to say.

9. MD_in_Training

Yawn - same old defense of CP3.

Such narrow minded thinking...

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I haven't read an entire 19 page thread based on a post from someone I don't know from Adam, but what's with all the vitriol? It's like there's one group here seizing an opportunity to unload on CP3, another group seizing an opportunity to unload on Harden, and yet another group seizing the opportunity to unload on Morey. It's shocking that you all aren't in a hospital dealing with seizures. Trades are part of the business. Risk is an aspect of trades. Chris Paul is gone. Gone to Oklahoma City, of all places. Of course he's pissed. Who wouldn't be? When OKC moves him along, and they are no doubt working on that right now, his anger will likely subside. If it's Miami, entirely possible, he might even be excited. Regardless, it is not our problem. Get over it, people. Someone else will have to deal with CP3. We have to deal with Russell Westbrook, be it for good or ill. That's a much more productive area to expend so must emotion and energy on, in my humble opinion.

Geez.

Coach AI, jcf, D-rock and 14 others like this.
  11. basketballholic

This is not about feeling bad for Cp3 or defending Cp3's play. This is about feeling very concerned about how we as an organization are doing things, how we are acting, and how we are treating players and how all of our actions will affect our ability to attract free agents and make good trades in the future.

It's not about Cp3 at all. It's about us.

Vivi, BeBreezy and J Sizzle like this.
  12. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

If Paul was traded for overrated, cancerous Jimmy Butler - or somebody like Trevor Ariza, these clutch fans geeks would be creaming their pants

13. IBTL

IBTL Member

The troll is strong in this thread.!...!
    I laughed.

it is true that the word fan comes from fanatic.
    This is an emotional time.
    Some people want to be right so badly. Many insiders with sauces were wrong.

Guys like holic were wrong. they look bad to their constituents.
    What matters most to me besides jenny is the idea of reputation on an obscure basketball bbs.
    There are no longer green penii to figure whos what, so its a war of words.

youthful exuberance. this is fun.

raining threes, D-rock and Deckard like this.
  14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

GMs lie to their players all the time before trading them. Their teams can still end up winning rings. What else is new?

Three most recent ones off the top of my head, Celtics with IT, Spurs with Kawhi, Lakers with all their young players, Warriors with KD. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples.

This is why as a player you shouldn't be all buddy-buddy with your gm. As long as you believe he'll do what he thinks best to get a ring, that's good enough. The only way you'll get traded is if the owners want to blow up team or you under-perform what your contract demands you to or it's for a better player. At the end of the day, the GM is there to help the team win not satisfy one player on the team. Usually those latter GMs are the ones that are on terrible teams like the Knicks, giving Melo a NTC (lol).

If you're truly salty, then prove it on the court. I'll wait for the CP3 revenge game where he drops 50 on us.

I means, organisations that lie to their players about their injury status to force them to play is way worse than what Morey did to CP3, at least it didn't ruin his career (him taking that contract did). Warriors did it to KD, Celtics to IT, Spurs to Kawhi. Guess what? All 3 are still destinations where players want to go.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Why though? In the end it didnt effect anything, and yet you still talk about it. It MADE NO DIFFERENCE. It affected nothing, its not smart. There is nothing to be angry over unless you are just jealous a dude is taking less money. He would be an idiot not to take that contract.

We'll never really know in the end as it was a called big internal debate within the organization.

It changed nothing this year and it changed last year. Those either have protections on them or are pick swaps. Those first round picks are probably going to be worth trash anyways. Our window is now, those "assets" aren't worthy anything significant to us for winning now, which is our window because when Harden/Westbrook are gone its all over.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Toronto with DeRozan
    Clippers with Blake Griffin

Teams shouldn't expect loyalty from players
    Players shouldn't expect loyalty from teams

luckyman76, Deuce, Vivi and 6 others like this.
  17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Exactly, the only difference is if our season turns into a disaster the media will hang Morey for all to see.

D-rock likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

And players should never loyal to fans like you all, thats a fact.^

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Nothing but a glossy rehash of the "Morey treats players like assets!" nonsense.

Z-z-z-z-z

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Cp3 looked out for himself and tilman ans the rockets looked out for themseleves

topfive likes this.