1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

what does cp3 staying or not in okc have to with wb telling presti its houston or nothing?

2. vlaurelio

Well hes been attacking and passing at elite level he just to do more of it since the lane is more open because of shooters

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea he's also been shooting at an awful level for a while as well.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I went through all of 79 pages and consider my self an expert on the topic now

5. vlaurelio

Yeah hell do one thing more of and the other less of. Or at least selectively.

I dont think okc even suggusted him to do that. Morey and mda and harden are smart.and credible enough to convince him

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

He'll have to make shots, he HAS to shoot better, people are gonna give him a WHOLE bunch of space and let him shoot, its not gonna be optional sometimes. And it might mess up the spacing.

Lets just wait until the season starts.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Damn, we got Russell Westbrook.

Hakeemtheking, Kim, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

According to zach lowe russ is a career 33% catch and shoot from 3 pt range....we can live with that...not bad at all....
    I envision we will be tearing up teams like we did 2 seasons ago....

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  9. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

LOL if Kobe is your example of a judge of good character, you’ve made my point for me.

vlaurelio likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. koby1868

koby1868 Member

All the Westbrook hate is silly. Chemistry is so important to the team and this is literally one of Hardens best friends. This is a big deal. They will make it work, it's basketball. Be excited we have a younger duo that can continue to grow together and WILL bring a championship to Houston. It's an even league now and we have the depth

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

#1572 hakeem94, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    Corrosion, joshuaao, biff17 and 3 others like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Because Riley is not moving Bam unless he gets back a superstar (i mean a true superstar in his prime like George or Kawhi), and in my opinion he's right, Bam is going to be really really good, great defender, athletic, can switch into smaller players, has room to improve as a shooter, very cheap for a couple of years...i think he's going to be in the mix for the MIP this season, he's by far their best assets and i wouldn't move him either for Westbrook.

D-rock likes this.
  14. jch1911

jch1911 Member

IIRC Russell also welcomed twins into his household in Nov. 2018.

Would stand to reason he was not getting the best sleep in Nov. & Dec. and finally began to adjust by Jan.

Just a thought.

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I really haven’t watched him play more than a few times so can’t argue with that. Did not think he was that coveted.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

My point is that "on the court" yea he can be one for sure, its not debatable. But for you to say that about him after he busted his butt working to win and how generally good of a person he is off the court isnt cool man(i will apologize for saying classless, i shouldnt have said that). You saying dont feel bad for Cp, he is an ******* after everything hes done here on and off the court is lol man....it aint right.

PlayBall likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Ok cool, so whats the excuse for him being the worst volume 3 point shooter of all time, even before that? I hope he does as good as those stats say, but dont be surprised if he starts shooting close to his career average which is very bad.

Im intrigued that this could be very good or very bad at the very least lol.

D-rock likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Gary Clark said exact same thing!

We must add more young long explosive run and gun above rim type players to complement Russ other than Capela.

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I don’t care if he can get to +36% like the numbers suggest. I just want him around 33-34%. Just to keep his defender in his space when he’s on the perimeter. I’m more and more optimistic that he can do that and not adversely affect the scheme.

If harden and d’antoni Can just convince him to get rid of that atrocious midrange shot.

HP3 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Height & athleticism did not seem to be problem in Lob City.

vlaurelio likes this.