1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I agree it doesnt look pretty both players are flawed but this only means the trade is justified cause russ has many other things to offer and his flaws are easily corrected in our system and hes younger, more durable and healthier and able to carry rs load
    cp3 has almost nothing to offer since not even his shooting is there anymore

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

And he prolly told presti its houston or nothing

And presti agreed as long as they can use miami and other teams to make sure houston doesnt low ball them too much

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

True.....until you realize cp3 is not staying In okc and okc IS trying to send him to Miami....

Meaning they really did take the worse deal to do WB a solid

ISOBall likes this.
  4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Great Point, a 6'4 Point Guard in Westbrook vs Chris Paul 6' 0 Being slow, injured, overweight

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It’s hard for me to argue because I can’t think of any other reason. But let’s be real about a couple things. Sending someone to Miami is not like sending someone to Minnesota or something. He still should have been pretty happy and would have to understand Thunder can’t fully satisfy his every want. Second, @Corrosion , I mean, getting 1 year left of Dragic, and Winslow and Bam, who should be super easy to move if he wanted to simplifies the whole cap space maneuver. Again, you guys seem to be right because there is no other explanation, but super odd it came to this. Especially since it’s come out that Russ asked to be traded.

7. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

To be fair, it's likely an outlier, and he was still efficient enough. Also to be 100% fair, Harden had shot 29% 3PT in the post-season his previous 33 games before last season. Paul is getting older though, so some shots aren't as open as they used to be, for sure.

HP3 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At least OKC won't scare us no more, or play a prank on us.

PeterKingX and hakeem94 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

sure...it may be an outlier but also it may be a further sign of regression, injury or getting old... all i say its a huge question mark over his shooting and his shooting cant be cited as an argument of fit with harden or why we should of kept him

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Our system doesn’t just correct 46 TS, also Cp is still a great floor general that runs the offense smoothly, cmon now let’s not act like Westbrook can do that as well as him

D-rock likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Rondo is a great floor general as well...doesnt mean hes near wes' level and you first need to be healthy and on the floor to run things

46 ts is a small sample size and a great system with a better role can do wonders

Perhaps in another system cp3 can still be awesome but here it seems imho russ is an awesome upgrade and has a better chance of working

Hakeemtheking and HP3 like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Rondo has never been on CP’s level in any capacity even last year. Westbrook was horrible efficiency wise last year as well, he’s the worst cmvolume 3 pint shooter of all time.

Lol yea cause he was so efficient in a larger sample size. Our system is great but I don’t know if it works miracles, hope he plays well though.

awesome upgrade? Well....I hope so.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

What? He is a competitor, no one wants to win more than him? Kobe has even said that about him. Man a lot of you guys just come off completely classless

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Thats how i view things now in absence of ability to view the future...its risky going into another season relying on harden to do miracles just to get us to the playoffs...cp3 cant carry a team or contrrbute mightily in rs and now its even doubtfull if he can be good in po even if it happens by any chance that he is healthy....so whats the purpose of him...he looks crippled not only physically but mentally as well...gsw were begging to be taken down and he was so passive or bricking, turning it over or just playing average...my biggest knock on him is he doesnt look hungry to play basketball.....
    on the other hand russs is the opposite of all of that...cp3 needed a change of scenery

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  16. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Why hasn’t this trade been announced yet

17. vlaurelio

It does just have wb drive and score at the rim or lob to cap or a cutter or kickout to a 3pt shooter

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they still tryin to re-work westbrook's contract into incentive-based

19. vlaurelio

3s and LAYUPS

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol okay bro, I hope you are right, you dont just change a due with more than 10 years experience in the league like that, it aint that simple but we'll see.