1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets push back Isaiah Hartenstein contract deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 13, 2019.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He's ideal for our roster and style of play.

2. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Amare Stoudemire?

don grahamleone, RudyTBag and amaru like this.
  3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Hoping for Covington. Provides a long term solution, on a great contract, can play the 3 or 4, one of the best defenders in the league.

I’d be happy with Iggy, but he’s a short term option...not sure he gives us the minutes we need or is still around this time next year.

4. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets are not doing him a favor at all. 0% chance they "cut" Hartenstein to save 700K. While he still has to develop, he was a G-League MVP and a strong 7-footer with a solid 3 pointer. His value is way above 1.4 Million. He can be used a decent trade chip to any rebuilding team. At the least, he's worth a second rounder which are currently being purchased for 2-3 million.

5. IBTL

IBTL Member

I have high hopes for hartenstein and I think he could be something.
    He reminds me a little bit of big country and maybe its the hair and whiteness.

Hartenstein to me is the epitome of morey and his uncanny ability to get guys like him, capela. I think this is the area where morey truly shines in draft.

I dont think honestly morey could handle a #2 or #3 pick as well as #33 pick..it just not moreys game.

Morey finds value guys that get to the line see lowry, kevin martin, harden.

So with that in mind I think we are again sitting on a gem in hartenstein... And just like lowry its going to sting a bit to see Hartenstein kill it on another team.

In fact if I was memphis i would look at something that includes him if talking iggy. I think hartenstein is a pretty decent chip.

His showcasing (another genius get for morey last season lol) gives other teams tons of good tape on the guy. You betcha morey has a highlights tape of this dude shopping all over town. He played well in his showcase too. He got worked over at times too be he flashed. Im high on him will be sorely missed.

Perhaps I have a bias for wanting a drago saxon goth warrior from Valhalla looking dude to do well.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

7. onreego

onreego Member

Lmao just a couple of days ago the tone was so different around here.

hakeem94, napalm06 and macan like this.
  8. macan

macan Member

yep we are pretty bipolar:)

AroundTheWorld and onreego like this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

With Capela, Chandler, Davis on the roster I'm not sure there's a need for more C's. We need PFs desperately, or big SFs.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

treyk3 likes this.
  11. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

I wish Minny Would give him up. But I highly doubt they give him up for picks (late ones at that) when they could use him for their culture reset or Dlo trade. Him and OPJ were made for our team but are likely unattainable.

I think guys who can replicate his shooting are Crabbe and Martian. They are both some of the only guys in the NBA who can hit > 1.5 catch and shoots >36%. Plus they play positions of need and are not terrible at defense. They play for teams who would be willing to give them up for expirings and 2nds.

If we cannot find a way to get Covington or OPJ and hopefully they wake up and realize Love would be overkill at his cap hit. I propose we go for Crabbe and Martian

You can get Williams in the CP3 deal if you add SNT Nene + minimum to Charlotte
    Could then go w/ SNT Shump + mins for crabbe

WB/Rivers
    Harden/Egod
    Tucker/Crabbe
    Williams/House
    Capela/CHandler

Shooting all over the place. Some of the highest volume highest percentage shooters in the NBA in Egod, Tucker, Harden, Crabbe, Williams, House (albeit limited sample size). Fast break potential w/ WB, Rivers, Egod, Capela. Vertical spacing. THe team is full of shooters and switchable defenders.

Still leaves w/ you FRP/Expirings/3.8 TPE/3.2TPE/2.8TPE as assets to fill out roster or upgrade to star (Griffin when Det flames out)

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Who is OPJ? I can't figure it out.

Williamson likes this.
  13. steddinotayto

The 3&D Messiah

14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I still don't know and it's bothering far more than it should. Please help.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Otto Porter Jr. I seriously doubt if Shumpert, Hart and a 1st rounder would be enough to get it done through.

EG and a 1st might get us closer, but I don't him to be traded.

don grahamleone and withmustard like this.
  16. steddinotayto

Otto Porter Jr

withmustard likes this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Otto Porter, Jr.

withmustard likes this.
  18. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks guys, I should have figured it out but just couldn't.

saleem, hakeem94 and steddinotayto like this.
  19. steddinotayto

I mean I would be the first one to order a retro Porter jersey if it happens but I know it won’t. Porter is Chicago’s Ariza right now. He complements Lavaine and Markinnen so well even at $26 mill per. They might sneak into the playoffs if Carter improves and Lauri takes the next step next season.

20. steddinotayto

If you want more information on Porter there’s still a meeting that some of us devotees still have. #OPM

treyk3 likes this.