1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Isn’t the news about why Harden and CP3 blew up at each other a little concerning?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by igotwhipscollectingdust, Jul 13, 2019.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Undercover bash Harden thread with Fake News to boot. CP3 was complaining because he doesnt have it anymore and Harden knew it.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

EXACTLY

3. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

This is what makes this upcoming season the most intriguing that I can remember possibly ever.

So many threads with so much arguing, when this year will settle everything once and for all. Most Rockets fans, and James got exactly what they wanted. Washed up CP and his albatross contract are gone now. Chris wanting more movement will no longer be an issue. James not being paired with another in prime all star has been settled. Morey/Tilman did even better than just an all star, but a recent mvp.

We have to trust that James knows what’s best for offense. He said he knew what we needed to do, and he got it done by getting rid of Paul and bringing in Westbrook.

Every excuse has been eliminated. If those who hate CP and blame him solely for the Rockets demise are right then we win the championship this year. If the CP supporters and those who wanted more ball movement are right then this year will end tragically and we won’t. It is what it is.

Either way all of this back and forth for years will finally be settled. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but we are currently the only team in the nba with two former mvp’s still in there prime.

I think I read a post a couple of days ago that stated that teams with 2 mvps within 3 years wins the championship 100% of the time. That got my attention.

This year should settle all debates. Championship or Bust with no excuses. I’m really looking forward to one of the most exciting Rockets seasons ever no matter which way this goes.

4. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If it's true then yes, of course it's concerning. I'm not 100% sure it IS true. There is a lot of misinformation flying around. Tim McMahon specifically reported that a lot of the negative stuff that was reported was first fed to him by someone he knew was out to get the Rockets and that's why he dug deeper and found out it wasn't true.

I don't know what is and isn't true.

Keep in mind that were really bad stories about CP3 and Austin Rivers that turned out to be much ado about nothing. It's also possible that CP3's camp leaks negative stuff ALL THE TIME that he then walks back.

Fyreball and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Numerous flaws with this post... Most Rockets fans didn't want CP gone or at least gone for Russ.... They wanted the team to get better...

Yeah they wanted another star, but that would've been Jimmy Butler over Westbrook easily... Russ isn't in his prime... I'm guessing you haven't been paying attention or watching ball, but his game has declined and he's gotten worse the past few years in multiple areas.. Now he's still explosive and an athletic freak, but he's regressed as a player... The hope is that maybe playing with Harden will help him get back to his best and improve in some aspects.

RocketWalta and BeBreezy like this.
  7. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Winning hides problems - it doesn't mean they don't exist, it means guys are more likely to stay quiet publicly. When you're an injury/cold shooting streak from making the finals, it's easy to act like things are fine whether or not they are.

When you lose to a weakened GS squad at home...long simmering issues can boil over.

BeBreezy and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fire...

Air Canada, SF3isBack!! and clos4life like this.
  9. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

No... The problem last year was the injury.... There wasn't a hidden problem... The difference this year wasn't an injury... It was that CP was no longer the same player and his performance had a sharp decline

10. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

You don't know what was happening behind the scenes when they won 65. I'm not claiming I do...just saying it's very possible.

BeBreezy and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Harden haters have arrived. The news of Westbrook kept them at bay. Now that they’ve had some time to think about something to complain about, of course they harp on the past.

Never mentioning that CP3 sabotaged the rockets chances because we never gave his buddy Carmelo a shot.

SF3isBack!!, clos4life and Smacktle like this.
  12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

CP3 was all about iso ball until his legs came off. Him getting traded doesn’t confirm these rumors either.

SF3isBack!!, clos4life and Fyreball like this.
  13. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Or how about we stop claiming what we don't know and talk about what we do know.

14. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Wait so they gave up on Carmelo, so...Paul did what to sabotage the team? Stopped trying? Stirred up off-court issues?

15. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Exactly my point - you were just claiming stuff you can't possibly know. "There wasn't a hidden problem."

16. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

What you Quote me and yours for?

I guess you don't read, or you one of the blinders I was talking about.

Good day Sir/Ma'am

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

There was another report from someone in the media that Harden responded to CP3 after a play that "it's always f***ing something with you."

Take that with Gordon talking about not having fun anymore last year, and all of the stories about CP3 being a tough teammate to play with... it sounds like Chris Paul just started wearing on everybody.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  18. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

No your point was speculating an unknown... My point was something we do know.... They're not on equal footing nor is the other at all as likely.

19. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Oh you don't know? Lemme help

Its because that was a shitty low ball IQ post.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Remember CP3 has a history of not getting a long with teammates. He played so long with Blake Griffin, I never heard him praise CP3. I'm sure Austin Rivers is the happiest man for the Rockets. Better to cut cord before it really implode this season, if we kept CP3. God-forbid, Harden asks for a trade that would be end of the Rockets contending for title and beginning of the Rockets lottery run.

SF3isBack!! likes this.