1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's lost in the Westbrook trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 13, 2019.

1. jayfree

jayfree Member

What people are not mentioning regarding this trade is that it wasn't just about swapping Paul (plus picks) for Westbrook, but also showing free agents that Houston IS a destination to go to. With Paul and Harden (public rift rather true or perceived) I believe that kept free agents from coming here and filling out the much needed roles. But as soon as the trade happens we get Tyson Chandler. This could also help our cause in trades with other teams if the player that we are targeting requests to come here as well. Perhaps Iggy now sees Houston as the preferred spot.

The Rockets will be better, not just because of the player we got but the overall talent we have yet to nab.

Hakeemtheking and thedreamsteam like this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

A little pride from CP3, that’s it

jayfree likes this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Just because Tyson Chandler came here doesn't mean we're going to be seeing more interest in us.

I really hope people like both Russell Westbrook AND the idea of Russell and James being on the same team.

arabrocket, Gray_Jay and jayfree like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

But noted insider 'Holic just said otherwise. :eek:

I don't think they're any more or less attractive.

luckyman76 and jayfree like this.
  5. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing is lost! You gain a more athletic and younger player who time and time again hits big shots

roslolian and jayfree like this.
  6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I know guys around the league not really feeling KD. Russ and Harden a lot of guys like them. Kendrick Perkins be on tv telling the truth... he sounds like Port Arthur, TX but he speaks facts.

7. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

LOL you are using Tyson Chandler as an example of a free agent coming here

What next, you gonna use me man Bobby Brown?

jayfree likes this.
  8. YaosDirtyStache

The only thing the Rockets lost was my MONEY buying a Chris Paul jersey.

BUT what they gained? My money buying a WESTBROOK jersey

Hakeemtheking, Theking and jayfree like this.
  9. jayfree

jayfree Member

Understood, but it doesn't have to be a superstar it draws only players that can round out the bench while the starters rest. A deep bench is in some cases more important than it's starters (especially in a long playoff series where each team find weaknesses). TC wouldn't have come to the Rockets if it wasn't for the trade and this may lead to other players looking at the Rockets differently now.

We also took the THUNDER away from the CLIPPERS signing of Kawhi (and George trade).

BeardNation13 likes this.
  10. 1234567

1234567 Member

Wasn't Tyson a friend of CP3?

He leaves and he signs next day. Hummmm.

Just saying. It is a min so he could have signed anywhere.

Now do a sign and trade for RC or Iggy and go to war. Using Shumpert of course.

Need to keep Cap, Eg and of course PJ.

jayfree likes this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's too bad that the trade happened after all the good free agents were off the board lol, so as someone said earlier, I don't think old ass Tyson Chandler coming here is any indication of a shift in players thoughts regarding Houston.

jayfree likes this.