1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Posters are complaining about CP3 securing his money...

...yet those very same posters would do the exact same damn thing for themselves and their family.

It's so annoying.

amaru, Rochut, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Everyone is complaining about CP3 securing his money...

...yet everyone here would do the exact same damn thing for themselves and their family.

It's so annoying.

B-Bob, Gray_Jay and HP3 like this.
  3. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

You are really a bunch of servile *edited expletives* on this board. Harden is not god. He and that ****ing clown for coach should be challenged to put more motion in the offense to give them a higher floor against strong competition.

That is not having an ego. It is having a brain and a pair of balls.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Im just irritated at how this trade went down. I dont hate having Westbrook, can we show a guy a little respect. Everyone just turns on the dude so quick, my god, all most people are talking about are his hamstrings and his contract. Dont even care about all the positives he brought to the team. You can hate the dude all you want, even if his contract was too big, he was still a positive. on the court.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Its not annoying the point is he cant be mad about being "betrayed" but took a grip of money on a contract when he knew he wouldnt be worth it. THE ROCKETS HAD TO GET RID OF THAT CONTRACT TO BE SUCCESSFUL.

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

no disrespect... but yer talkin out yer a$$ if u dont think CP3 coulda pulled a max deal 2 years ago... mightve even been a 5 year deal instead of 4... look at all the stupid contracts getting handed out...
    Now it might've been a lesser market or lesser team... but I'm confident the contract woulda been there...
    I agree that Houston was prob the best option for the contract and staying relevant and chance to win a championship... thats why he lost money by opting in for the last year... but dont fault the guy for taking what Murray was offering - and then holding him to it!

Imo Murray just gets too starstruck and makes some poor decisions... heck, the dude has also always been enamored with getting high draft pick busts... hopefully Bennett works out - but plenty have not...

#186 kjayp, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Dont forget the hamstrings bro.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I love basketball and want to win, but man, these guys need to make money, and if the deal is there you go for it. This was his last chance to make a lot. Also, he'd have had to have taken like a ton less, iirc like 1/2 or more to allow the Rockets any room for something, Soooo, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not leaving half my money on the table.

HP3 likes this.
  9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No one turned on Chris Paul we were putting up with him. But he has sucked and been whining all year. Im one of the people who didnt want Paul here in the first place I thought we gave up more than we should for him. I was pleasantly surprised by his help in the playoffs last year but then he gets injured and insists on that silly contract. Im glad to see him gone even if it means watching Westbrook turn the ball over a million times lol

Stormy1234 and Blatz like this.
  10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Off the court too, per that tweet from J.J. Watt. On the court...Harden may not have wanted to hear that, but was Paul wrong in his alleged comments?

I wish him the best, and that he gets a ring after Houston gets one. It may be as a coach.

BeBreezy and HP3 like this.
  11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I know lol. I dont care if it hurts my team( like I said during the house fiasco) I'm always for guys getting as much money as they can while they can

HP3 likes this.
  12. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Yes. Get what you can today, because tomorrow may never come.

Just ask Isaiah Thomas. MVP candidate to minimum contract, if not bounced out of the league 2 years later.

I don't begrudge Paul his money; I just wish the guy I liked watching on the Hornets and Clippers was the same guy here earning it.

HP3 likes this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

yea it was harsh but harden has the game to back it up....I know it technically ain't the "right way to play" but if I guy is giving me numbers like I've never seen plus single handedly saving my season while at the same time I'm not an elite guy anymore making more then said elite guy; I'm gonna just shut up n let him play the way he wants. I'm just saying

Gray_Jay and SF3isBack!! like this.
  14. MystikArkitect

CP3 has 40 million reasons to chalk it up to “it’s just business”.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

And see this is fine, I dont have a problem with this at all. I do too. The fact is he declined like most have said. I still wished we could have kept him.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

A 5 year deal could have only come from the Clippers who were in the process of a tear down. So what other teams were lining up to max him out? You can't lose money that you were NEVER GOING TO GET ANYWAYS. Morey was desperate to pair someone with Harden and rolled the dice. To his credit CP3 took advantage and got that money.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

You can say that again

No, really, you can say that again

HP3 likes this.
  18. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

LOL to all the “we did him dirty”...my ass, we gave him the contract that the FO GUARANTEED him if he came to Houston and we got close, very close, shiit happens, it’s a damn business for the PLAYERS and the TEAM but guess what CP still has his money and gets to carry on somewhere else but spare me the “dirty” horse shiit

19. craxkz

craxkz Member

NBA is a business . No hard feelings . Dont let the door hit ya on the way out CP3 lol

20. Nook

Nook Member

All of this talk about hurt feelings and busted relationships.

There was no nasty fight and it wasn’t personal. Harden has made it clear, he just wants to win and nothing and no one gets a pass.

Paul couldn’t do what he used to do and Westbrook still can.

luckyman76, Deuce, Stormy1234 and 5 others like this.