1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Nah you thought chris would willingly take less just for the sole reason of helping the rockets trade him. That made sense to your dumb ass lmao

HP3 likes this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

all true, but in this case even during the season it's gonna be HARD. green is on a 2yr deal and they can probably find a 3rd team wanting him. kcp has a trade kicker + player option for the 2nd year. but they still need to come up with about $7M more in salary to make it work. maybe rondo and bradley. so that's at least 4 depth players in exchange for a guy who you're not even sure is healthy enough to suit up from game to game. personally, i think MIA eventually gives in this summer and lowers their demands for pick compensation and they get it done for dragic

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Best take I've read on this subject so far.

c1utchfan925, Cstyle42 and Caprah like this.
  4. acjeitherocket

I liked CP3 but yea we got him 5 years too late. Hard to feel bad for a guy getting paid $35mil a year to hoop lol

Stormy1234 and c1utchfan925 like this.
  5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

So what his health, and his mindset betrayed us.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh yea and a lot of back handed comments about the dude's health like hes in complete control of that, completely classless.

BeBreezy and Vivi like this.
  7. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Alright buddy, let’s see you dominate the NBA when you’re 34. We didn’t have to give him the contract. Get pissed at morey if you wanna blow steam at someone

8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I knew it just like I was trying to tell my brother...he was a chris should have the ball more...I kept telling he u do know it worked year one with cp3 having the ball more....meaning James was ok with it....I tried to tell him the reason this year he didnt was because of cp3 I jury n us starting off slow forced harden to have to take over, n when he came back I tired to tell him the standings was so close we could take games to i integrate cp3 more since closing a couple games in a row could of had us out the play offs. My point was yes I was down on cp3 last year but also realized that it was more injury continuity then him being total washed. At the same time I recognized that cp3 being ur second best player at this point in his career was never going to win a chip...again 3rd best it would be awesome n a chip contender.

I actually love that about harden...to be honest he has a excellent sense of when to move on from a player n is smart. I hope cp3 dont take it personal. I think the had thier window n cp3 got hurt.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  9. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Confirmed: James is a a better GM than Lebron.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris is definitely feeling some kind of way.

[​IMG]

ISOBall likes this.
  11. Caprah

Caprah Member

Problem with Paul is he still views himself as elite player but the fact is he can occasionally be that player anymore . He just can’t except that.

12. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Wish he would of taken less to hold on to Ariza. I'm sure he knew about the rotational players possible leaving the team.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You think giving a 33 year old injury prone player a 40 mil contract makes sense? You think he was worth that much? I think you're a biased Cp fan and you're purposely ignoring context because you're angry that he's gone. You should go with him then.

#153 SF3isBack!!, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Morey didn’t trade him.

Tilman and Harden did.

15. MD_in_Training

I’m not mad at CP3 for that signing that contract, but dude should be grateful that we gave him that contract at all. You can’t on the one hand state that it was only business that Paul took that money but on the other hand agree that he should feel betrayed about being traded when he isn’t producing on the court.

Richie_Rich and SF3isBack!! like this.
  16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

^^^^^^^ This as soon as he made that deal I knew in a year or two we would regret it and have to try and trade him. Just like Ryan Anderson.

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

bottom line is we're a dysfunctional organization...

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The only reason he's pissed is that he didn't land on a good team and now has to rely on Presti to do him good.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Why the hell wouldn't you feel a certain type of way. When your teammate and GM and owner snaked you like that. You tell me. How are you not gonna feel that way, why because you got a max contract? Is that why? Man gimme a break this, im tired of hearing the "But he got paid a lot of money argument"

Im not mad at Morey so much but I am feeling a certain way about James right now and I def dont like Tilman at all.

BeBreezy and BleedsRocketRed like this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yep that what I take away. Like I said. Harden has a elite since of when to more on from a player. N in hindsight he was right. Melo was washed. When we got rid of him we took off.

In he is right on cp3 here as well. He wanted him here when he could help the team. Year 1, he was right cause we almost won a chip

He is right now cp3 is pass the point of being ur 2nd best player on a championship team. He has to be 3rd like on the Lakers he would.

So all in all let harden make more gm decisions please. Cause say what u want. Our ceiling is hither with this Westbrook then the current cp3..facts

Stormy1234 likes this.