1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Who the is this insider?
    Should i add him to my list of fake insiders that already includes basketballaholic, Plowman, Codman, roe4christ, kingdrew etc

@Rasheed

Rasheed likes this.
  2. awc713

awc713 Member

No idea if the source is real or correct, but it makes perfect sense. I 100% believe that Morey was not really okay with this, but that Tillman called it after talking with James. Tillman's ego is too big and he wants stars. I also bet CP3 didn't actually want to be traded and neither did Morey. CP3 can potentially force his way to LAL or MIA, so I'm not too worried about his feelings, though I do understand his frustration.

At the end of the day, he's a number, and he has to understand that. If the NBA didn't have a cap, completely different story. He's about to start his 16th season. Father time trumps all, and typically don't bode well for undersized guards, even those as incredibly great as CP3. Tough cookie, CP3, you know the deal. We'll always have him to thank for the two best seasons in the last (25) years, but give me a break with the hurt feelings thing.

rhee likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The NBA is a business

AroundTheWorld, amaru and Aruba77 like this.
  4. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Im happy with the trade. I love Westbrook. I love James

But you clowns know damn well tilmen and harden snaked his ass. Just call it how it is

BleedsRocketRed, awc713 and HP3 like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They aren't getting a first round pick for that contract especially since they have to send CP3 to a team he wants to play for. Maybe the Spurs do it as they aren't opposed to older players (but then the Spurs also value their picks more than other teams do so...)

They aren't getting anything back in rebuilding assets for CP3, Danny Green would be a steal for them because they could literally flip him for said draft picks at the deadline to a contender, contenders will line up for Danny Green, as they always do because he's the model wing role player. Rockets would be right in that line too as Green basically fits every contending team.

Right now they can't get the Heat to take CP3 because the Heat are demanding that THEY give up draft picks and young players to take on CP3s contract. That's CP3s value right now, you have to give up assets to take on his contract. Right now it's being reported that OKC have to give up picks to offload his contract, that's where his value is right now unless again, a team like the Lakers see him as an upgrade to team value vs someone like Danny Green.

The only reason Westbrook is a Rocket right now is because Westbrook wanted to be a Rocket, if he didn't, the Rockets wouldn't normally have enough to get him, but these players run this league. So if CP3 wants to play for the Lakers and the Lakers want CP3, it will happen, and no Basketball reasons Stern mandate will stop it this time. Nothing will get in the way of it. If there is anything to take from the NBA for the past decade it's this. Players will play on the team they want to play on and if the interest is mutual, it'll get done.

tmoney1101 and rhee like this.
  6. jacoby

jacoby Member

Ridiculous posts like these make me embarrassed to be a Rocket fan sometimes.

We were on a steady pace to absolutely nowhere before CP3 came and he had us primed for a championship and he out-played Harden in the GS series. Fluke injuries happen. Show respect to the dude... he balled out for us and he bought in to our city and organization.

7. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Some facts.

1. Rockets did Cp3 bad but it's a business at the end of the day. Might impact future star free agents coming here or may not
    2. This org like it or not is run by Harden. he has the keys to do whatever he wants.
    3. Harden is a diva. Question him or ask him to play a different style and you are out of the team. But he is the best player here so....

FrontRunner and jerryclark like this.
  8. threepointshot3

The year before cp0 arrived this team had 50 plus wins and had made the second round. In fact that was farther then Paul’s clippers

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't see how that can happen at all before Dec 15th, and even after that what contracts are the fakers gonna be able to cough up to get close to $38M? i also don't see OKC agreeing to a buyout. they wouldn't even do that for one year of $27M on melo's payout

10. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

In the series where we ran GSW closest and took them to 7 games, CP3 was the #1 Rocket player, moment he went down with us leading 3-2 , Harden and co folded

With Harden as #1, we have seen game 6 QUIT job at HOME vs Spurs even when they did not have Kawhi and Parker, record turnover game and 2/11 shooting games where he just doesnt show up

People can hate on CP3 but lets not forget that the closest we have ever been to the NBA finals in over 20 years was with him playing alpha dog in that series

BeBreezy, Rasheed and jcmoon like this.
  11. jacoby

jacoby Member

And we got embarrassed by the Spurs. We added Chris Paul and instantly became a better team than the unstoppable dynasty KD-Warriors.

Get over yourself.

12. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

People calling Chris a diva as if James is not a female

Weve know this for a while now

Rasheed and BeardNation13 like this.
  13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm sure your employer will be glad to know that you work strictly for altruistic motives and would never accept a 40 million dollar a year salary.

jcf, HP3 and harold bingo like this.
  14. threepointshot3

How did he go this year again?

15. threepointshot3

Lol he keeps creating new ids

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, it would have to be during the season. But Green, Caldwell-pope, whoever else. Maybe even a third team. It happens one way or another.

All that matters in the NBA now is what the players want, the GMs find a way to make it happen. This offseason was the perfect example of that.

Kawhi wanted PG and to play in LA? Got it.

Butler wanted Miami? Got it.

Westbrook wanted Houston? Got it.

If Giannis just up and decided he wanted to play on the Warriors it would happen someway somehow, that's basically where we're at now. When is the last time a player was denied his choice of team? Even AD eventually got his Lakers despite all the hurdles involved.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

We gave him the biggest contract of his career when he clearly didn’t deserve it. He doesn’t get respect for that.

I don’t hate the person, he’s a nice dude overall. However, your worth is determined by how good you are today, not how good you once were, and he clearly was deteriorating.

Also, it’s easy to forget, but CP3 was the closest he’s ever been to a championship because of us as well. It’s a mutual thing. Unfortunately, at his current level of play and current salary, he will never be part of a championship team. Maybe next contract.

18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Stop it little man. You have to be this tall to quote me. Go run along with cp3

BeardNation13 likes this.
  19. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Listen, Chris Paul almost single handedly willed us past the Warriors because his heart was into it. You could tell he was engaged and wanted to destroy Curry in 18', but was unfortunately injured in the closing minutes of that game ( we know the rest).

This most recent year we started off with extremely high expectations, a lot of the general public as well as fans were all hoping Carmelo would miraculously turn back his mindset and be a ranged assassin who would be willing to play off the ball and score relentlessly over the opposing bench while somehow rediscovering his desire to play team defense.

It's clear that Chris Paul and Harden werent willing to compromise in order to win this most current year, whether it be because the team couldn't retain it's 2 more versatile defenders or Chris/Harden both weren't willing to play off the ball.

Chris Paul was finally having a healthy post season and he wasn't the same player he has been when the Rockets needed him the most. Harden has gotten incrementally better at playing through the non calls but Chris Paul didn't look engaged enough to play the same way he did last post season. We weren't going to have different results with the same squad next year, this was a trade that needed to happen if we wanted to be competitive in the West.

Sorry you feel betrayed CP3, but really you still have over 38 million reasons to keep you and your loved ones happy. It'll be interesting when the Rockets match up with which ever team CP3 ends up with next season.. but hopefully Paul will be healthy enough to play ;)

20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Can you explain what you mean by this? What is something they could do that you would consider "holding him accountable"? Put him in timeout? Trade him?