1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question for Season Ticket Holders

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockets52, Jul 12, 2019.

1. rockets52

rockets52 Member

a buddy and I are thinking about getting a pair of season tickets lower bowl on the baseline. We were thinking about selling 20-30% of the tickets on the secondary market and wondering what kind of profit do you make on those? Does it end up being an average of face value or do you see a 30% bump or more. Let me know

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Are you being influenced by the Westbrook/CP3 trade? Just curious.

3. rockets52

rockets52 Member

No just bought my family business and have been wanting this for a long time now.

Deckard likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Regular season you can make a small profit if you hustle. Even better if the team is doing well.

The playoffs are where you get a huge return.

Not sure about lower bowl however, as my seats have always been mid court upper bowl.

5. rockets52

rockets52 Member

That’s where I was trying to go but they said upper bowl was already sold out.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

My guess is that the regular season profit margin for the lower bowl is negative or non existent while the profit margin in the playoffs may be bigger.

ElPigto likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I've had season tickets in the lower bowl the last few years now and this is pretty much true. The only games you have any chance of making a small profit is on premium games and even then, you better hope the game is on Friday night or Saturday, otherwise you are likely breaking even.

Playoffs wise, 1st round you usually lose money, second round you may break even or make a small profit or even lose a little, WCF I've definitely had a huge profit (I've usually almost paid for my all playoff tickets because of WCF profit).

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

what r the chances we can get you to hold a "tillman is cheap" sign at every game?

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wait, T H E biggest STH benefit is you get to buy your seats for playoffs at same price you paid for regular season, while non-STHs face a steep playoff mark-up, even for 1st Round.

How did you lose money on any game? Rockets Mark-Up individual tickets by 2-3x, even for first round, more for later rounds. Can’t you sell first round at 2x you paid, and still undercut Individual playoff ticket prices?

Or did you have some Plan where rockets don’t sell you your seats at regular season price,

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Sounds like you want to sponsor him. Ill throw in a couple of bucks.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe I'm getting screwed by the Rockets, but no I don't get the playoff tickets at the same price as regular season. Each round for me has always escalated. I'm right next to the club section by the way (one row over) and I only buy half season tickets.

So if what you are saying is true (playoff tickets should be same price as regular season) then I'll be b****ing at my ticket rep soon.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'll match your bucks donkey.

donkeypunch likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

maybe it's only a perk for Full-Season buyers? I haven't been a STHer for a few years, so maybe it's changed, too. Or maybe lower bowl doesn't have as big of a playoff Mark-up as upper bowl did (percentage-wise).

Actually, now that I think about it, it would escalate each round, but non-STH price was still 2-3x higher than STH price. Same if I wanted to buy extra tickets; extra tickets would be much more expensive. So, still a lot of room for profit between what I paid, and what Rockets sold to the public. @Dave2000 how does it work, again?

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

No, they go up every round.

ElPigto likes this.
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I know that the past few years I've definitely gotten my tickets cheaper than then what the general public was paying for them but I guess the price were pretty high that I was not able to recoup my money.

I usually will go to the game anyways if I am not making a profit. Other times I'll just give them away to friends or family. Regular season is definitely tough to make any money back. This season I am going solo so tickets are even more difficult to sell. My cousin bailed on me and my wife didnt want to join.