1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let’s get Roberson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Mr. Space City

Yes to Rachel DeMita, no to Roberson

2. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Yes moar 3 point brickers are need

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Where do you think his defender would be when we are on offense? He'd be in the middle of the lane playing free safety.

With Harden and WB on the team, clogging the lane is the last thing that you want to do.

baller4life315 likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ah ok. I remember when he was supposed to be back last season, the OKC reddit said he had more than one setback in his recovery.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

A regular Tasmanian Devil on D.

But his shot is more broke than RHJ. Shump is a certified sniper compared to the both of them.

But man this guy can run and jump all day long. Love his energy.

6. threepointshot3

Give me Ferguson. Younger, way more athletic and much better shooter

7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I hope the trade being held up is true but not for him. I was aware he was injured but not as badly as I understand now. That will rob a great portion of his athleticism and footwork is everything on D. That’s his only skill.

The more important part of your post is we should take back more salary and we should do that by combining this into a trade with the Cavs to get KLove. We send one more pick there. Cavs get Adams and we provide the expirings, salary cap relief and take the JR Smith contract. That pulls Cavs and OKC out of tax. Then we go to Gersson with that contract and a 1st for Covington. Still try to get Iggy on buyout or lose out. The beauty of this trade also justifies moving our picks to OKC because we get Russ, Love, Covington, and lose CP3 contract for 4 #1s. It also redeems the Ryno contract slot so we don’t lose it for nothing.

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Can’t shoot and major injury history.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Didn't Ferguson made him a tad redundant, sure, Ferguson is not the same defender but he does other things better.

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Replace Love with Aaron Gordon and I'm all in.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

He’s played his entire career on the perimeter as primarily a two guard and weighs like 200 lbs. You want to make him a big man now?

12. AB423

AB423 Member

Hack-a-Roberson

13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I know you have always wanted Gordon. I like him but I don’t believe he is a distressed asset like Love is. The reason we could do this is because of the people we are targeting and leverage. They are uniquely useful to us for the cost and not necessarily someone else. I would imagine another team could smoke us for Gordon because he has all those gifts and young. Maximizing least worst options.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I'd rather Amare

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

True. Unless we get a 3rd team involved like Boston who covets our assets or find a way to send a point guard/scorer to Magic.

Long shot I know but so is Love.

And AG would be the perfect fit at PF, small ball 5, for Rockets. High energy, lockdown D, ball handler/creator, improved 3 ball (35% regular season, 40% postseason), super intangibles & work ethic plus out of this world athleticism.

Team player first AND still so young. He just needs to get away from Magic to unlock his potential.

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Ur an idiot

17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Boston is a bad partner to use. OKC and Cavs are perfect. Both in tax and want to move distressed assets. With Gordon we lose leverage. I am not talking about using any of our core players. SNT of Shump and Nene and dislodging JR Smith. Including other teams you start talking about EGo, Capela, and Tucker. That’s a no. You have to ask yourself is Gordon better than Love and Covington and whoever we lose. Both 1st may not get the job done with what we want to send out.

I don’t see Magic trading Gordon. He is their best player and they signed the full MLE for Aminu and made the playoffs. That’s a lot for a failed franchise. He is better than Capela and a year younger. Think about it. If someone came to you with trash and a low 1st would you give up Capela. What about Shump, Nene, and 2 1sts? Love is not a long shot if you solve the Cavs problems in one deal. Gordon and Covington hell yes but not happening.

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I know that this has to be a long shot. I have no idea how the money would work, but I would literally jump for joy if something like this happened. That’s a championship team.

I’m not against Roberson. He is an A+ defender. I guess you would have to stagger his minutes to make sure he shares more time with Harden and very little time with Russ. His defense would be useful if we can’t get Covington.

19. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

He can't shoot and he's been injured for the past two years. Why take a risk on 9-10 mil on someone the other team will not guard. Who can't even hit FT's

D-rock likes this.