1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So...what’s next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chargernation, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Fantasma Negro

I'm starting to lean more Shump for Marvin Williams

bmo likes this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

We're talking about 'pop' in the Matt-Thomas-it's-actually-alcohol sort of way, right?

4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

5. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Korver went to the Knicks, I thought. Chandler's here on a 1 yr vet minimum, and I agree with the need to bring in RoCo. It's going to take more than Shump to do it though. And if that did work, be very concerned about Covington's recovery from that knee injury.

Still need another 4, IMO.

6. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Is Love able to be had? I mean we're clearly going all-in.

I just don't feel comfortable not having some type of forward who can man the 4/5. With the death of the Golden Superteam, it becomes important to have some bigs who can play. Faried won't be back - we had Ryno in '17-'18. Who can we get now?

Iggy would be a great get in a Shump S&T but he won't fill that hole. House? Clark? Hartenstein?

Plowman and Sajan like this.
  7. thedude077

thedude077 Member

They're definitely better. But I don't know how better they are. If they trade for a player like Iguodala that will make them a top 3 team in the West.

8. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

Return of the Rejected?: Ryno for the minimum? DMo for 3Mo? TJones?
    Bobby Portis for Eric Gordon would work, and salaries are very close. The Knicks already have Randle & Marcus Morris at the 4.
    Portis has a team option for next year. We risk losing Gordon for nothing after next season.

Would you do that trade?

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lots of player movement has been discussed as next steps but what about a coaching change?

I don't want to go into the season with a lame duck coach. the players have to know the coach is here to stay so they will listen to him. if they think he's on the way out they will do whatever they want. that's not a good place to be with rus on the team. we need someone that can. reel him in.

I'm looking at tyonn lue for these reasons:
    • championship coach / respect from players
    • former player / respect from players
    • proved he has the game management to get over the top
    • proved he has the player management to handle impossible personalities (Kyrie and lebron)

10. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I want to know what has happened to our long time desire to have ROBERT Covington on Our team?

jch1911 likes this.
  11. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

I personally wouldn't. I believe he wouldn't be necessary. He doesn't fit in the timeline for the Knicks at all and I think they'd be ok with the flexibility of expiring salary contracts and additional draft capital. I think you could get Portis for SnT Shump and mins + draft pick

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I can’t believe this is serious. Ty Lue was Lebron’s puppet. I’d rather have Jason Kidd than Lue and I despise Kidd.

13. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

I personally love Portis and think getting him for Shump would be ideal. I'm also a big advocate of using the CP3 trade to get patterson + Crowder or roberson to keep maintaining flexible expiring contracts. Ultimately I think the team would be best if we could use

Shumpert
    4 expirings
    Nene (4 million)
    Roberson (10 million) or Patterson/Crowder (5/7 million)
    TPE (3.6 million)
    TPE (3.2 million)
    TPE (2.4 million)

to eat contracts from other teams. You could get Love or potentially entice Minny to dump 1/2 untradeable contracts (wiggins and Dieng) and use Dieng to potentially land Marvin Williams or just sit on crowder + williams. Lots of permutations with those salaries above

WB/Rivers
    Harden/Gordon
    Roco/Tucker
    Marvin/Portis
    Capela/Chandler

But Morey has to take advantage of taking more salary back from OKC

14. valorita

valorita Member

Expand the trade to include Gallo.

Westbrook and Gallo

For CP, shump, fillers

Harden
    Westbrook
    Tucker
    Gallo
    Capela

Gordon
    Rivers
    House
    Chandler
    Green

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Anthony Bennett

16. EugeneK

EugeneK Member

Former No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett has agreed to a non-guaranteed deal with the Houston Rockets, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

??????????

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He plays PF?