1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Tennis Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by malakas, Sep 13, 2015.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I caught the first 2 sets before I passed out last night... Djoko looks like 2015 Nole again. He will win 3 of 4 slams this year if he stays healthy. If he could upset Nadal in France he will pass him this year.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

yeah but anna kournikova doe, amirite?

donkeypunch likes this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Watching Nadal - Fed. These dudes have to be blood doping. Djokovich too. How are they still playing at this high of a level?

Saw Roddick vs Hewitt the other day in some senior citizen tour and they look old and stiff. Granted, I know they dont stay in tip top shape for pro tours but Fed came in at the same time and he still looks like a teenager that never sweats.

#163 donkeypunch, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Jontro likes this.
  4. likestohypeguy

Watching both matches this morning I am wondering how myself, elite athleticism I guess, and yeah probably the best of whatever is legally available medically

5. donkeypunch

Man, you should watch this documentary on netflix called Icarus. Its about the blood doping thats rampant in cycling and how easily it is to do and get away with.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Federer! Going to be a great final. It’s insane that he’s in another one.

7. likestohypeguy

Nadals serve was off and fed too good at the net.
    10 years later, Rogers reVenge,one for the ages.

Cant wait for fed vs the joker Sunday, battle of the master technicians

saleem likes this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I believe that Federer is the best tennis player of all time. He is less than one month short of his 38th birthday. Novak is the huge favorite. I expect him to win. He is a fantastic player too. He is five years younger than him. If they were the same age right now, I would give Roger the edge.

I hope to see a really good match between the two legends.

AroundTheWorld and Jontro like this.
  9. donkeypunch

Djok can suck a fat one. I hope Fed crushes him and this is coming from a guy that hates both of them.

Jontro likes this.
  10. likestohypeguy

I don't have a particular favorite among those three, just have always been a fan of all their games & ridiculous combined resume... so what's up with Djokavic, his celebration, or personality rubs wrong way?

IDC who wins, just want another epic match among big three.

11. donkeypunch

All of the above. Just a very irritable guy IMO.

But I will pinpoint it to one instance in particular- It was a match against Roddick at the Australian Open and he was being a little b**** about continuing the match, calling for the doctors every 5-10 mins. Everybody in the stadium and Roddick knew it was because the temperature was too hot for him. Mind you, joke was losing btw, so Roddick would get up early before every change and during his doctor visits to hit and the crowd would just cheer him.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/djokovic-melts-in-the-australian-heat-1517718.html

#171 donkeypunch, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    saleem and Jontro like this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

why do you hate the white jesus?

13. donkeypunch

look above your post. I accidentally hit reply to likestohypeguys post before I actually wrote something.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

i dun like joker either, breh can go get hit by a scooter.

my white jesus comment was towards fed, doe. he's such a likeable guy, polite and courteous. hated nadal during their hayday because he was fed's nemesis, but mainly because he used to wear those god awful capris. but now I've learned to appreciate their rivalry as they grow old.

15. donkeypunch

Cause I was a lowly Roddick fan. Gotta love the underdog that could never do ****.

Jontro likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

he did win once and became world #1. i disliked him cus a girl in my class was a roddick stan and orgasmed over him every time she opened her mouth, almost as much as i do for one direction.

second best server after goran ivanisevic.

[​IMG]

donkeypunch likes this.
  17. donkeypunch

Nah mang, hard server but way too predictable and people figure him out quick.

Jontro likes this.
  18. likestohypeguy

Damn I keep forgetting how big serena is. Halep is the size of that little girl they were taking a photo with, serena looked like shaq next to them. Even made the man there with them look small.

19. likestohypeguy

Uh oh time for extended visceral screaming now, it's on.

Almost comical how much harder she hits it.

Damn already looks tired, huffing and puffing in the second set. Double faults, just hit the last four into of six points into the net. This halep, she can get to anything. One of the fastest women players I've seen, and is anticipating where serena's going with it. aaand it's gone.

#179 likestohypeguy, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  20. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

God I love Simona Halep. She’s been my favorite female tennis player since about 2012 and to see her finally start winning majors is such a treat. She was so on today. What, like only three unforced errors!? Never let Serena get any groove.

Now Hoping Federer can come through tomorrow..