1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey was given the order from the Tillmans to complete this trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 12, 2019.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

I admit I am looking at it as a optimist.

The on thing I can hang my hope on is the fact he is a better attacker than Paul and he will be better in the open court.

At this point fingers are crossed but I think overall he is a better player than Paul at this time.

BaselineFade likes this.
  2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

3. biff17

biff17 Member

That's my take as well and I also believe Harden will change his game to work better with Westbrook.

The transition with Westbrook is something I am especially looking forward to it will lead to some much needed easy baskets which will take a lot of pressure off of Harden.

I will say this it will make the season much more interesting than I thought it was going to be.

I also hope Westbrook can play better defense since he will not have to carry the load.

snowconeman22, smp and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Can't wait to watch the updates from TMZ about Harden and Tilman Jr. celebrating in St. James.

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Smalls like a Tillman move. I really hope the Rockets hasn't become the Knicks of West.

7. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Was obvious from the start.

Morey is not a dumb man.

Westbrook's had 4 knee operations and has the Iverson/D-Wade reckless playstyle that ages like warm milk.

But a better contract? Ugh.

Gray_Jay and Relativist like this.
  8. corrado

corrado Member

Maybe Morey was not on board with attaching all those picks. Rockets might not be that great at 2026...

9. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

this trade was the right move..

10. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

Idk why but I'm feeling less and less confident every time I hear patrick fertittas name thrown around. Dad having his son be the liason between him and the business.. This honestly makes it look like Daryl is talking to Patrick who relays it to his dad who ends up making a decision... which imo is not considered an active owner..

basketballholic likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

I’m hoping that Morey was only concerned about adding the picks because WB for Paul is a no brainer.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The CP3 deal had to be done because it was pre-agreed when we first traded for him. CP3 got his money. We don't owe him not being traded. He will understand it is a business.

The thread title makes it sound like Daryl was totally against this. I don't believe this.

I cannot stand Westbrook's antics, and I see his flaws as a player, but Daryl clearly at the very least didn't object strongly enough to quit over it.

And Fertitta owns the team, and Daryl is smart enough to understand that that means he has the last say.

If Daryl is ok with it, then so am I.

jsilencio likes this.
  13. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

It's really sad that Harden has to be the best player and GM at the same time.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Daryl posting WHY NOT? on IG suggests that he's very much on board with it. I guarantee you if Morey had serious enough reservations about the deal to the point of not wanting to complete it, it wouldn't have taken place so quickly. If nothing else, Daryl understands that making his All-World superstar happy is part of his job, and bringing Westbrook here clearly has made James incredibly happy.

15. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

@BeardNation13

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Tillman is stupid not surprising

Lurch likes this.
  17. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

You should be thanking the heavens above that we have such a talent on our beloved Rockets.
    You're ungrateful and deserve to be punished.
    I say we send your ass back to the Francis / Mobley era and relive that ****..

Rasheed likes this.
  18. jsingles

jsingles Member

And yet there are 96+ let's just say less than your normal intelligence level posters who were like ":eek: this is NEWS to me!!!" Jesus Christ. This was already known, just as you posted.

19. jsilencio

jsilencio Member

I don’t believe this. Why do we take cyber’s word as gospel? He and the other ‘insiders’ are all bogus.

20. Akim523

Akim523 Member

We will see what they can do next season