1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amick: Rockets pushing to trade for Iggy, hope to sign Chandler, no longer working to extend coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 12, 2019.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

Did you miss all those shots he missed against us with Utah in the playoffs?

D-rock likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I will say I think there is a trade that might make sense to do like this where the Rockets get back at least a pick or two for EG in a three team deal like this-

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5k3ktcw

EG to Brooklyn (actually love this for Brooklyn)
    Dinwiddie to Memphis
    Igoudala & picks to Houston

I don't think a EG trade for Igoudala makes sense at all, but I do like the idea of taking a small step back in talent with EG since there's a chance he might have to go back to the bench and have an even lower usage this year, take a gamble on Rivers & House having more of an impact, and get some damn assets back. Iggy is a great fit in that starting lineup playing the Ariza role at the 3. Some much needed defense & a stabilizing force for that lineup.

The Rockets taking back more salary though probably won't fly because Tillman wants more money to sell overly salted frozen shrimp at one of his sh$tty overpriced restaurants.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Nice idea.

Here's a variation:

Rockets send CP3 ($38.5M) to OKC and send Gary Clark ($1.4M) and a 1st round pick to Minnesota.

OKC sends WB ($38.5M) to Houston

Minnesota sends Covington to Houston.

Minnesota wants to cut payroll. Would they take a 1st for Covington if they only have to take $1.4M back in the deal? They'd save just under $10M. If a first isn't enough, how about a 1 and a 2?

luckyman76, ArtV, joshuaao and 10 others like this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was delighted! He still shot a good percentage during the season. I also think he'd be more open playing with us. However, I'm not at all hung up on Korver. We have to get someone, though. He's at least one someone who's not signed. Most of the players I'd like us to acquire have already signed with someone else, or will likely be too expensive. We've become a bit short on 1st round picks, as well.

biff17 likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I don’t think BKN is moving Dinwiddle. He and Kyrie are reportedly really close and he was a reason why they added Kyrie with KD.

Unless we are moving Gordon for a star player, I say we should work on extending him. We need his shooting with WB on the team even more.

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

If you're talking about Iggy, he can still nail the 3 and other jump shots. But no doubt he's on the backend of his career.

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Do not want Iggy, need shooters more than we need defense.

9. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

We can get both.

D-rock and seclusion like this.
  10. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Don't think Houston can absorb Lord Covington's salary without including a SnT with Shump or maybe adding more Non-Guarantees along with Gary Clark.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Right?! I mean, not to derail the thread at all, but his restaurants suck.

Carry on.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i mean, Nuggets probably said "if we have to give up a 1st for 35 years old Iguodala, we rather give that up for a players who's 10 years younger like Grant"...i just wonder why the Rockets didn't think the same.

13. aelliott

If they include it as part of a the CP3/WB trade (along with Clark) they can.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You have my attention.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah suggested this on twitter. if they expand the Westbrook trade they could have some real options.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Expand away, Daryl! Sounds very intriguing.

mikol13, D-rock and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  17. aelliott

I'm going to guess that if the Rockets had a way to absorb Grant's salary while sending back no salary (as Denver did), then they probably trade for Grant too. Unfortunately, they didn't have a $10M TE like the Nuggets did.

18. aelliott

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

REALLY want something like this to get worked out. The matching provision is so useful here because of Westbrook's enormous salary.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

No no, that just makes no sense. There can only be one! :rolleyes: