1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Aren't the picks protected?

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

fireworks

3. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Lillard gets paid $54million at the age of 34

hakeem94 and tc0330 like this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. Nice work if you can get it.

don grahamleone and Sooty like this.
  5. H-town Ballistics

lol no way he leaving that much money on the table!

6. threepointshot3

Lol at that has been agreeing to leave over 80 plus million to get a buyout. Paul is a greedy b*stard

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Russ is perennial all star and recent MVP.

May not like him, his game or his fit but there should be no denying that Russ is legit superstar player and still in his prime.

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yes

9. threepointshot3

Good riddance. No coincidence that we went our best wining streaks when this washed up has been was injured

BigShasta likes this.
  10. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

And Westbrook gets $47M at age 33. Considering Lillard's clearly the better player, this seems about right.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I coach a competitive youth team and had a parent trying to control the offense because his son was the star pg, that annoyed me real quick. I showed him out next season by winning the championship next season and beating his team 3 times on the way.

Hopefully, the Rockets can hire me as a coach next season. I make clutch adjustments and don't coddle players.

RichieBanks likes this.
  12. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Not sure if this was posted already, but I'm a bit more excited after reading it...

Are the Rockets better? Pressure's on Russ and Harden now

ESPN
    Zach Lowe

As discussions between the Houston Rockets and the Oklahoma City Thunderon a blockbuster deal for Russell Westbrook grew serious Thursday, Daryl Morey, Houston's general manager, called James Harden to discuss how both stars might work together. Harden gently cut Morey off and reminded him: "I know how to play with Russ and he knows how to play with me," Morey recounted to ESPN.com late Thursday in Las Vegas...

Westbrook was enthusiastic about playing with Harden again, per sources familiar with the talks. That kind of buy-in matters. Both superstars will have to change for this to work, even though Mike D'Antoni will probably stagger minutes as rigidly as he did with Harden and Paul. D'Antoni's experience coaching Westbrook on Team USA boosted Houston's comfort level making this deal, sources say. The Thunder belonged to Westbrook in almost every way. The Rockets do not. Maybe that alone will spur some change in him...

Click HERE for full article

BigShasta, Hakeemtheking and Vivi like this.
  13. threepointshot3

Funny how another. ex clippers player on espn said no one likes Paul’s condenseding attitude

14. malakas

malakas Member

What??? Dont tell me that you dont understand that drating is team relevant? Okc had one of the best defences of the league. Ofc one of their worst defenders, Westbrook will have a falsely high d rating and defensive win shares.
    And blocks and steals just go to show he is a gambler.
    And are you then saying that Paul had his DEFENSIVE stats elevated by Dantoni's system?

Westbrook was wayyyy bellow average in defence for his position last year.

15. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Turrible [someone get a Barkley meme in here :D]

16. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

That last part is open to debate. A lot of his numbers (both traditional and advanced metrics) are on a clear downward trend over the last three seasons. When that happens around age 30, you have to wonder if it's real decline.

Scoring, FG%, 3p%, FT%, PER, win shares, VORP...it's a lot. Obviously not saying he's done, but he's definitely not the guy he was 2-3 years ago.

#1396 PlayBall, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Gray_Jay likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Sure it is tied to the team. You could argue it both ways. Westbrook is on that team, playing starting minutes as it’s leader.

Look. It’s okay to be pessimistic. So I’m not trying to come at you or anything. Just trying to offer some perspective to talk you off the ledge. Let’s wait and see. I think it’s going to be okay. And no of course I didn’t say MDA would elevate specifically his defensive stats, but you know what...he might! When your overall performance is enhanced by a system and you’re winning a bunch of games, you start to play better on the other side as well. Those words are plagiarized from MDA himself.

hakeem94, Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  19. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member