1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amick: Rockets pushing to trade for Iggy, hope to sign Chandler, no longer working to extend coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 12, 2019.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

All the minimum guys, '22 1st and pick swap in '23 to Minnesota for Covington.(maybe some 2nds also)

SnT shump with the '20 1st to Memphis for iggy.

Give Justin Holiday the full remaining mle.

Tyson Chandler for the minimum.

Some other forgotten 4/5 minimums.

Westbrook
    Harden
    Covington
    Tucker
    Capela
    Gordon
    Rivers
    Iggy
    House
    Holiday
    Tyson
    Gerald
    Vet min
    Vet min
    Vet min

No assets at all going forward but a damn good all in. Just dreaming over here

2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Iggy ain’t stoping neither of those ....and he’s not worth what the grizz may want...
    #RunWithShump

lw17 likes this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm betting Iggy checks a lot of the boxes on Murray's Super-Brainy Advanced Stats Spreadsheet™. Darnell's had an Iggyboner for years now.

This is a great situation: If we get him without giving up much, I'll be happy. If we don't get him, I'm okay with that.

4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

If the Rockets can get some combination of Korver, Igoudala, Covington, Love, and Aaron Gordon I will be really happy. At least 3/5 of those guys would be awesome. Even if it means giving up Eric or Capela for two of them.

jch1911 likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Shumpert

6. macan

macan Member

Chandler who? the model or grandpa?

7. ball king23

ball king23 Member

i do not think he will be extended if he does not get past the next round

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Grandpa Chandler

Just as they were getting "younger", they want grandpa Chandler & grandpa Iguodala & maybe grandpa Korver. ;)

9. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I’m guessing the Grandpa

macan likes this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We need a 4 the most, not a 3 at this point. We need a someone who can shoot, not another wing who struggles badly for the FT and 3PT line.

Pass on Iggy for 17 mill, trade 2nds for Marvin Williams, sign Thabo Sefolosha as our old but still very good defender. Keep our first.

Oh, and try to sign Joakim Noah over TC first.

I don’t like what Tilman is doing.

luckyman76 and RichieBanks like this.
  11. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

The PF who is capable of hitting 3's and is affordable Patrick Patterson comes to mind.

jakedasnake likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They could expand the deal to include him pretty easily. @Carl Herrera would be thrilled!

He was pretty terrible last year though.

luckyman76 and joshuaao like this.
  13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I would do all of this. It all makes perfect sense. Except we won’t do it.

14. tc0330

tc0330 Member

this would be dope

15. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Lol at signing Tyson Chandler. This dude will be 37 this year and can barely jump to grab a rebound. Sloppy player that makes a ton of boneheaded mistakes. Please NO!

DasouthDakota likes this.
  16. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Lol this is so inaccurate it’s funny.
    A player must have bird rights in order to sign and trade that player. Because Shumpert signed with CLE and traded to SAC after 1 year his contract was grandfathered which carried bird rights to any other team he was traded to. In this case he still carries bird rights with Houston who can sign and trade him, Shump is eligible for a $17 mill salary which is what Iggy makes which is why a sign and trade for Iggy is possible.

17. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I dont really know how guaranteed and non-guaranteed contracts work. So we could just make his last two years completely non-guaranteed and it might as well be a one year deal?

And I know they don't want Shump, but Shump overpaid for one year isn't a big deal. Shump overpaid for three years is a negative asset that requires us to give up a lot more than we would.

18. lionaire

lionaire Member

So Iguodala, the guy who basically won a Finals MVP mainly for the defense he played on LeBron that series, isn't capable of stopping or slowing him down? That's news to me.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes that's exactly right. It's essentially a 1 year deal. They take him for 1 year to get the picks, maybe flip him at the deadline, he gets waived after the season and teams don't have to pay the last 2 years.

Astrosfan183 likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

If a 1st is needed to get Iggy i'd rather get Justin Holiday and use the 1st for another upgrade. We need a guy who's going to be able to stay out there 30 minutes per game for 82 games, i don't really see how Iggy is that guy at this point.

I'd move a 1st for Iggy only if we also get back another solid or interesting player from Memphis, but i'm not sure that player is there.

luckyman76 likes this.