1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. tc0330

tc0330 Member

people that are hating on westbrook with stats and $hit i think are forgetting how detrimental a pissed off player/new bad chemistry can be to a team cough cough d howard, melo cough. maybe wb on a new team is all he needs

believe it or not, chris paul was about to be that next bad egg

#1241 tc0330, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Yup, only people on cf think Russ is a superstar. No one else. It isn’t universally accepted by damn near everyone else. Only a few people on cf.

He’s a superstar. He puts up superstar numbers, has superstar endorsements, wins superstar accolades and is paid like a superstar. Whether or not you think Lillard is better is immaterial - the rockets just traded for a superstar. And I don’t even like him.

duluth111222 likes this.
  3. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Not going to lie, I have always loved Russ. I love that fire, just his aggression and desire to win.
    Yes he depends on his athleticism and his shot hasn’t been great last few years. But I saw him last time he played us in Houston and they had a 20+ point comeback. He never gave up. Just this move may not net us a championship but you know one thing - he’ll give it his all. . .

Woke up to this from my friend from OKC

upload_2019-7-12_9-26-2.png

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

superstar has sure come a long way and thats not a compliment. westbrook a superstar ouch.

5. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

One thing we all can agree on..we will have every team in the penally early with WB and Harden drawing fouls.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Like I said, you’re definition of superstar is immaterial. You might as well be arguing that blue isn’t a color.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

Yeah Russ is a superstar. He isn't top4 in the league like Harden. But he is top8. If you really need reasoning why Westbrook is a superstar then I don't know what to tell you. If you wan't to cherry pick accolades why don't you bring up that he won mvp the not so long ago, and averages like triple double for 2 or 3 years which is nuts. He never played in a team with a spacing like Rockets. Can you imagine this beast going 1 on 1 with people in our system with shooters all around the court? We struggled with rebounding - guess what we just traded midget for a guy averaing over 10 boards.

I always said he is too dumb on court to be a leader of a championship team(yes i hated on him). But hey, he is a second fiddle to James Harden now. Harden never had a partner like that and probably won't have better one. RW is a HOF in his prime. Yall nuts to hate this pairing.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

So what are you arguing about then or do you believe you’re an exception

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Cherry pick. Things that are important to a rockets system. Ok got it. Don’t be the first to start b****ing and whining

11. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

They also dont seem to understand James makes everyone better.

Rocket River and tc0330 like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

How’d that work out for melo. Or mcw. Or. Ennis. Or Lawson

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except when it’s time to close out the end of the game/series.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

We don't have a system tatooed on our logo. Things change. Systems change. Talent wins. If a guy is ass from 3 and penetrates like a god let him just attack the closeouts whats the deal about?

hakeem94 and SWTsig like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

What? Has the system changed in the harden era. Nope. Some of you are really doing everything you can to make yourself believe this is just going to be an awesome move

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah but he is getting rebounds by stealing from bigs.

Capela won't have much fun.

bmelo likes this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

Sometimes it's all about will and intensity. Something we lacked this season. Westbrook is known for this. He isn't ideal but I think he fits where James lacks and vice versa

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am just having fun, he is one of the most black and white players ever.......there is not much grey area left.

19. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I think Russ is in the 10-15 range of players right now, not the top 10....but I don't know what your definition of a "Superstar" is if one of the last 3 MVP winners isn't a superstar

hakeem94 and Gray_Jay like this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never understood all that hype in wanting him so bad. I am SOOOOOOOO glad we didn't get Butler!!!!!!

DasouthDakota likes this.