1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: Morey was given the order from the Tillmans to complete this trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Caprah

Caprah Member

Go back to jerry Lin fansite

jordnnnn and IBTL like this.
  2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I would have been surprised if it wasn't all Harden and Tillman.

IBTL likes this.
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I disagree. I think adding Westbrook means automatic 1st round exit as it has for years.

harold bingo likes this.
  4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

James Harden, NBA Executive of the Year? Let's see what he does to bolster the bench. Git er done, Jimmy!

5. MystikArkitect

He does. He really does. I liken basketball to Smash Bros. If I only used the most efficient and optimal moves, I become predictable. The opponent watches for these and knows I wont go for less optimal stuff.

Sometimes you need to mix things up instead of going for killshots every time.

marks0223 likes this.
  6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lmao

Any good owner should trade bad contract like CP3

tc0330 likes this.
  7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

All of the “insiders” on CF are far from that. But they will say, “I just give the information I get”. Most of which is stuff that is either unimportant, or fairly obvious to a basketball fan. Latest example, “The Rockets are going to pursue Jimmy Butler. ”

BeardNation13 likes this.
  8. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Dont really know what you're basing that on

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

U hate James?

10. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I should add that a world without constraints is super-boring. No one can do whatever they want. Morey is super-creative and a problem solver. He should treat this as a challenge.

BeBreezy likes this.
  11. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

To add to this, I believe Tim MacMahon on the reaction podcast said that Front Office was Split on this trade. Now I know it isn’t Morey. The amount of Hoops IQ lost after this transaction is nuts. Playoff time, where you just face smart teams, it’s going to show.

ronclone, Little Bit and BeBreezy like this.
  12. Williamson

I agree they should trade Ben Simmons. The only way to make guys like that remotely effective is to do what the Bucks have done with Giannis. Just load up with shooters and take advantage of their ability to drive and dish. Simmons is a bad fit in Philly. If I were Morey I'd trade him immediately if I took that job. BUT I wasn't talking about their roster. I was talking about hopefully not having an ignorant owner over-riding you.

harold bingo and JayGoogle like this.
  13. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

I agree Like dantoni hire

14. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Trading brains for emotions. Harden has a lot of brains, and a severe lack of emotions (see repeated dud playoff games). The silver lining is that it might give Harden the emotional leadership he needs to fight through playoff frustrations.

Westbrook is also younger and more durable, so if they can at least remain as competitive WITH him on the team, maybe that increases our chances of a healthy playoff run.

dc rock likes this.
  15. Williamson

I'm basing that on Westbrook being an automatic 1st round exit every year since Durant left. Every time we faced them I was relieved because I knew you don't even have to beat OKC. You can let Westbrook beat them for you. He'll shoot away until they lose.

I'm starting to wonder if this is the move that breaks me like the P-Pat trade broke Carl Herrera. If I'll never regain my sense of humor again. I couldn't hate this any more. I'd say they may as well have put Osama Bin Laden in a Rockets jersey but I bet Osama had a better jump shot.

16. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I
    If this is true... morey has really lost it...

This Russ is far better than cp3 and his contact at this point. Sigh was giving morey credit for this one, but I really think he has lost it.

17. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I've always disliked Brodie but as long as James is the main facilitator (and not WB like those OKC teams you mentioned).....this may actually work out.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

on its own this would upset me greatly because you hire guys like Morey to run the team and he has done really well given the hand has been dealt with thus far. That being said since this only happened after conferring with Harden I am a bit more at ease with the situation. If your superstar is all-in on the move you have to make it if its not over the top franchise-crippling which I do not view this trade to be 'over the top' it def has potential to significantly harm the franchise but I do not think much worse than the path they were on with CP3. Everyone is complaining about paying Westnrook 47M when he is 34....the Rockets were about to pay CP3 44M when he was going to be 37!

I am sure Morey would have preferred stronger protection on the picks though.

ryan_98 likes this.
  19. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Tilman’s son has the potential to be the next James Dolan

13BeardsIN1 likes this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Tillman Fertitta noticed one thing the Rockets didn't have which is a Killer mindset to finish off teams.

What happened in Game 6 and 7?

Chris Paul complaining and bickering to the Referees the whole playoffs, which shows you are weak, physically and mentally, while being overweight, drinking wine every night. Chris Paul lost his speed, quickness, his healthy knees are gone, no tendons, its bone on bone, now hamstring issues.

Scott Foster and the Referees hate Chris Paul, All referees will do their best to ruin Chris Paul in the Playoffs.

Russell Westbrook is healthier, eats healthy, younger, more physically fit, stronger, athletic, can play Shooting Guard with Harden as a Point Guard. A huge scoring load is off of him, teams can't double team in the playoffs.