1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where are all the "do something Morey" people now ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingkingston, Jul 11, 2019.

1. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

It’s already out there that James was the driving force for this trade.

2. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Morey the Demon of Analytics

I knew Morey was hellspawned, when he managed put talent-starved contributors around Yao-T-Mac with the likes of "Scolandry," "Little Lowry," "Artest," and "K-Mart, then replaced "said" superstars without tanking...lead to James Harden. Pick Chandler and let him, loose. Pluck away Dwight, throw Dwight away. And, somehow end up with CP3, which if not for a hamstring, we probably get to the Finals and upend Cleveland. Grab Melo for nothing. Cut Melo loose for less. Cut CP3 contract loose for one Russell Westbrook. Not some Dollar Tree version of Russell Westbrook. The actual MVP one, granted he tries to play MCU Westbrook a bit much, but that's better than traveling on the other road of nothingness.

I stop questioning his powers years ago. I didn't want to look like Charles Barkley.

dachuda86 likes this.
  3. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

Right here. It worked you know that boy be lurking on clutchfans

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

This is my motivation.

Children and foolish young men, heed this warning. This could be you, if you don't know humility to well.

MorningZippo likes this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Morey haters have probably all transitioned now to "WHY DIDN'T YOU DO SOMETHING ELSE!" I know DD certainly had.

plutoblue11 and juanm34 like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I feel Morey should have gotten some extra depth by using the 5.7 M MLE. J.M. Green re-signed with the Clippers at 2yrs 10 M, unless this would be a technical impediment to trading Chris Paul. Russ has lost some of his explosiveness, but there was no other choice out there, at this time. I wish Chris didn't have to go.
    It had to be done.

7. junk151

junk151 Member

They're getting their threads ready for when the Rockets lose 2 games in a row.

8. sheb

sheb Member

JM Green took less money to play in LA
    He wanted to be in LA so no possible way to sign him

9. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

I give you examples

@tinman @Rasheed @vlaurelio

10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

As I've already written, next year if this implodes the way I think it will, it won't matter if James asked for this or not. He'll still ask to be let out. Of course he's not going to ask for a trade now. They haven't cratered spectacularly yet.

Just like it never mattered with LeBron constantly b****ing that he had to do everything himself in Cleveland, when he was acting as their de facto GM.

This trade is definitely going to change the chemistry of the Rockets, hopefully for the good. And this is still a very talented team, with one of the three best players in the game. But, bad chemistry can nuke an otherwise talented club. Just look at last year, trying to incorporate Carmelo. That team wouldn't have made the playoffs. It's not inconceivable that adding Russ will lead to a similar result. And if that happens, Harden will want out.

I hope it won't. I hope it works out, that Harden moves a lot more off the ball, that WB turns into more of a slash and kick player, and that his energy helps drive this team to one or more championships.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Why would any Rockets fan enjoy that? I don't get it.

everyday eddie likes this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I like how all these protesters say "if this blows up like it should or how i think, then I told you so, BUUUUUT it COULD work, but not sure, might ... MAYBE 2 MVPS can coexist, but if it doesnt, I told you first cuz my bball IQ is expert level, you should see my 2k career team, im like 1093-2 how can I be wrong? But If I am, I like Westbrook, he's pretty good, but theres only one ball, yess yes I said the same about Chris Paul, but this is different!"

everyday eddie and mario_v like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

“NEXT QUESTION” “NEXT QUESTION”

[​IMG]

everyday eddie likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Morey Protesters:

[​IMG]

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Well, I was on the add role players train and still am. This obsession with stars is obnoxious. We have no future now and a combustible present. I guess I can always just look back fondly on 17/18, because I don’t see us ever reaching that level of success with Harden again. I hope I’m wrong so badly. I’m curious how much Morey pushed for this versus Tilman and James. This feels like Melo last year except we actually lost huge assets to get Russ.

sealclubber1016 and YOLO like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You're probably right, but we don't know if Morey had any plan to acquire a role player combo forward for more depth either. I think Morey will look to move EG by the Feb deadline, while retaining Rivers.

Let's hope for the best. I hope Kevin Love will not be a target nor Iggy for a 1st rounder.

17. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Adjust your sarcasm detector.

I hope it works out. I don't think it will.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

It does but brings in a player much more demanding who is expected to fill a much bigger role. Which isn’t good. It would make sense this was more of a tilman push. Wb is everything anti morey when it comes to the analytical game. The rockets wanted butler. That was clearly the original plan. We all know what happened there. They then had FA meetings and struck out in all of those. So here we are

Just imagine tilman sitting back and seeing all this unfold. Then all of a sudden a week ago wb becomes apparently available. He’s definitely the type to say go get him at this point after how the summer for the rockets has gone. Morey will roll the dice if he has to, I think many will agree with that. This is as risky as it gets though

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I think Harden and Tilman said go get Westbrook and Morey was forced to make it happen.

This does not seem like the type of move he would want to make. I think this is gonna end very poorly for the franchise, but nobody wants to be wrong more than me.

YOLO likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ahh i forgot to had harden to my post above too. Especially after him recruiting butler didn’t turn out the way he wanted