1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

2. jojolover

jojolover Member

Is WB better than CP3 at this point and the next couple of years? I think it is yes, so it is a good trade. I am at peace with CP3 after he gave us that one chance to win the championship. We might have another chance in Harden's prime.

3. bmelo

bmelo Member

Man people must have never played ball, when you are defender and see James or Russ try to make you look bad every ****in action with your family and girls watching... That **** will be crazy i tell you. Imagine D'angelo+Curry guarding two of JH/RW/EG lol

4. raining threes

I think the add Love.

We are on the same wave length.

5. riko

riko Member

People think Harden is a force of nature at getting to the line then you combined him now with Russ another guy who can get teams into foul trouble means the opposing defenses are going to practically play zone with those guys on the floor. Then you bring in the zone buster named Eric Gordon and maybe sign Krover and we are set. Tucker can still be a threat from the wing as well on the 3 ball

hakeem94, Crutch City and vlaurelio like this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

We were until you said add Love …. I want no part of a guy who cant stay on the court. Hasn't played more than 60 in 3 years and had extensive injury history going back to 2011.

And I damn sure aint giving up Capela and or EG plus other assets to do it.

I'd rather find a wing via trade and sign a cheap big to back up Capela - one of Nikola Mirotić , Jonas Jerebko , Guerschon Yabusele or Christian Wood. You could probably have your pick for the minimum. Maybe Mirotić costs you the rest of the T-MLE.

hakeem94, mario_v, ArtV and 1 other person like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He looks slimmer like CP3.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I'm disappointed with ClutchFans. Grass is greener on the other side syndrome. Not realizing that CP3 actually played better than Westbrook last season in both the playoffs and in the regular season. Damn shame.

RHU525 and Nelly like this.
  9. EugeneK

EugeneK Member

Westbrook + Durant : WCF failed
    Westbrook + George : 2nd round, 1st round
    Westbrook + Harden : ??

Hmmmm.....

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I just can't believe @Clutch called this the worst Morey trade ever.... I would have given 2 first rounders just to get rid of CP3s contract, now I get a prime Westbrook too!? Sounds ultra short-sighted, and I can't wait to read his editorial on this. We were better just running it back then!? Hell no, and Westbrook is "overrated" also!? I hope you eat some serious crow @Clutch This is a fantastic move, and I applaud Morey for having the stones to make it. We now have 2 MVP HOFers in their prime! Just let that sink in a minute, smh. Unreal folks...

11. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Impossible to buyout 3 yrs 123 mil.

12. magichat281

magichat281 Member

How good did we just get?! We have back to back NBA MVP 2017 and 2018. **** is lit.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

gonna need an update of this

[​IMG]

14. PeppermintCandy

Yeah this seems more of a move ordered by the owner than something Morey would cook up on his own.

I wasn't following OKC back then, but IIRC Westbrook and Harden did not fit when they played together in OKC. In their run to the finals, their effectiveness was lower when they shared the court. Of course, they are much different players now, as is their dynamic.

Neither have the reputation for sharing the ball, but hopefully they and MDA will make it work somehow.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fertitta literally said, when he was watching OKC, he thought WB was soooo athletic, and then he wanted his new toy.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I can't stand Westbrook, but I'm a Rockets fan, so I will support him and the team and hope for the best.

I just hope they can stop him from shooting from top of the key and midrange and right corner. All he should be allowed to do is dunks, layups and left corner threes. Also, stop him from stat-padding on rebounds.

vlaurelio likes this.
  17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

“CP3 has the worst contract in the NBA.”

Once again, the morons of clutch fans prove that they deserve their title.

18. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

What did I just hear? What’s your definition of superstar? WB is more superstar than Butler’s ever been. This has come close to hater territory.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  19. riko

riko Member

Now Chris carter raving about this trade. What is going on? All the haters are in positive mode

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He had a bad year last season, still a triple double, but inefficient.

I will call him superstar but not Tier 1.