1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Paul appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 11, 2019.

1. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

Chris Paul worked better than I expected. Best wishes except against rockets.

DreamShook, Kim and HP3 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

You dont miss a winning player, strange.

DreamShook likes this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Thank you everything man. I wanted you and Harden to win a ring together to shatter your own narratives. You are still one of the best PGs of all time and one of the smartest and most competitive players to ever play this game.

5. Remlap

Remlap Member

He's a gamer.
    I appreciated the effort he gave us every time he was on the court

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m going to miss CP3. He was a tough smart player who knew how to psych out opponents. He was a good compliment to the formulaic system of the Rockets. He’s clearly on the downside physically and it’s clear his best days are behind him. I wish him success and he gets a chance at a deserved ring, just not against us of course.

7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Agreed. I was of the belief Chris Paul was going to come into this season with the mindset that he had something to prove.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

big ups to cp3. he chose houston. when most don't. brought the team within a game of taking down one of the goat teams. embraced the city and all. i sure hope you dont land in LA and come back to haunt this team though ;)

9. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Blessings, CP3. Thanks for the great work.

10. radiohunk

radiohunk Member

After CP3 was hurt in game 5 of 2018, his place on the Rockets was never the same. He had a horrible 2018-19 season easily his worst in the NBA.

He was the primary catalyst for Melo coming to Houston. Failed experiment. He called out Harden when he was the only reason we were winning. This was not going to end well, even with most of us hoping Harden and CP3 could revive the magic of 2017-18.

CP3 brought credibility and class to our city and our team. But we were going nowhere fast with him as our number 2. I am going to have to swallow hard to root for Westbrook, but it is probably worth the gamble.

BleedsRocketRed and RudyTBag like this.
  11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Chris Paul is one of the best PGs in NBA history and we were able to enjoy him for one season and suffer with him for another. Body language you could see there was some issues on the court between him and Harden. As a fan that's about all we could tell, not how deep the problem was.

I always liked CP's game and we almost took the chip in 2018, but fate dealt us some blows that we couldn't recover from.

Thanks CP, I enjoy your game and hope you're able to land on a contender in the East. Miami would be perfect, you and JB can make State Farm commercials and talk about how glad that neither of you are in Houston.

xaos and mikeiah like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Should have gotten a ring. I’ll always be hurt over the end of the 2018 season.

mikeiah likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chris Paul will want to be bought out and go to LA........

Appreciated........decent leadership.

14. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Gonna miss CP3. One of my all-time favorite players. I hope he gets a ring if the Rockets are eliminated.

Add another what-if to Houston sports folklore.

xaos likes this.
  15. farhen

farhen Member

LOL, that 'first' one year wonder is all in the past now.

16. Game7

Game7 Member

I can say I was a season ticket holder for all of CP3s tenure and it was hella fun to watch. Much respect to him. Wishing him the best.

CCity Zero and mikeiah like this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

18. jayland

jayland Member

Thank you Chris for getting Harden and Clutch into the State Farm commercials. They well be missed.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wish him good fortune, wherever he lands.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yes, CP3, appreciate.

cant wait Wes does this to the little biatch Curry
    [​IMG]