1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Of course we're rockets fans see M Malone. Lololol fml

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If you ignore the fact that we traded for one of the worst shooters and isolation players in the NBA to join an isolation and 3 point heavy basketball team, I’m sure the trade will work out great.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Even if he doesn’t become something he has never been, this isn’t necessarily going to blow up. The most likely result isn’t a championship or an utter collapse. It’s another WCF loss to a California team. I think Westbrook helps but can understand the concern.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

players can be better players than others. but if you dont fit the team that you're on, all that can absolutely go out the window with the domino effect it has on the team

there's already a track record of players who are inefficient and cannot shoot. they don't do well here and don't last very long. those are role players in that list. this is magnified

5. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

lol at the people who got OKC season tixs.

Artie_Fufkin, BigShasta and RasaqBoi like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We'll see. Westbrook's teams have never been contenders and he's been the biggest culprit.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Superstars find ways. Good coaches find ways. Westbrook is a superstar / D'Antoni is the best coach Westbrook has ever had.

It all comes to Harden from here. He got what he wanted, his legacy rides on this move and what happens. Harden and Westbrook can go down as 2 great MVPs who never did it or can change the script. I like the gamble.

joshuaao, Hakeemtheking and mike2k132 like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Beyond stupid but hey whatever makes Tilman happy

justtxyank likes this.
  9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I dont think our problems were that we didnt have enough shooters. I think it was we didnt have another guy to carry the load with harden

hakeem94, SS0101 and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

October 8th will be there first game in japan, and I will be there to witness! My first ever nba game experience just got better!

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

wb is no superstar. harden wanted butler. that failed. he had to settle for wb it seems

12. Mr. Space City

Money still needs 1 more move.

Rockets need either a 6-8+ 3 & D SF or a stretch 4

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

If we don't win within a year or two we're in trouble. And yes, I know that staying pat and not winning in a year or two would have meant we're in trouble...but now we don't have picks for about half a decade. And that's mother****ing huge. Not only because it's a cheap and easy way to bring in quality talent, it's how teams build and maneuver.

Short of blowing it all up (which seems unlikely) we are tied to Harden, Westbrook, Gordon, and Capela until 2027. We have almost nothing to trade because we're tight on cap space and don't have picks. If **** goes south which is very possible... we're sending our pick to the Thunder.

The Warriors used first round picks to draft Curry, Klay, and Barnes and then used some more to pick up Iggy. That core and some good scouting (Draymond, Looney) brought them multiple rings.

The Boston team that won in 2008 got Paul Pierce via the draft then used first round picks and rookies/young talent acquired by the draft to get Garnett and Allen.

Until 2026, our team is gonna be Harden, Westbrook, Gordon, Capela, and any ring chasing vets or diamond in the rough player Morey can find. And three of the players I just listed play the same position, and two of them aren't great defenders.

I agree with being aggressive for the right player. When there were rumors early this season about giving 4 picks for Butler- it made sense to me. Butler complimented Harden and Cp3 very well. He would have been a supercharged Ariza on a team that (save some bad luck and an all-time team) would have probably won it all in 2018. This is mortgaging the future for an upgrade that IMO will not bring us home a ring. I really hope I'm wrong though.

justtxyank likes this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

QFT
    Golden!

hakeem94, Vivi, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Exactly............... up 6 ... 2 minutes left. Dribble dribble. Gordon brick. Harden Iso, tripled team. Tucker brick. We need another guy who can score. Chris Paul getting us 15 was a great night. He fell off after his first year here.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

MVP? Triple Double Average?

I'm not his #1 fan but the guy is def one of the scariest players to face. He is a superstar in todays NBA.

I take Westbrook over Butler.

hakeem94 and Chamillionaire like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

td's arent that impressive tbh. i dont consider him a superstar at all. he doesnt have enough success to warrant that title.

i wouldn't. i love butler's fit over westbrook significantly. hes much more tailored for houston's system

justtxyank likes this.
  18. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I’m so excited. It was absolutely painful watching CP3 no longer be able to beat scrubs off the dribble.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Well this is hardens team

Morey mda harden wb and the rest of the coaching staff and players need to figure out how to maximize rws strengths

Upping the Pace
    Attacking the defense
    Scoring in the paint
    Passing
    Rebounding

jcmoon and PeterKingX like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s a huge gamble...I’m just not convinced that Russ can change, but I will hope for the best

if he doesn’t, then we definitely won’t win a title...dude just makes too many dumb decisions and shoots too poorly

he can’t function with low usage like CP0

still, I know for sure we weren’t winning a title by running it back, and CP0 was just gonna continue to decline and get worse

Hakeemtheking and RasaqBoi like this.