1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook Is a clear upgrade over CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by astros123, Jul 11, 2019.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Feels so good to dump CP3’s corpse for someone that plays hard and plays every single night.

vlaurelio likes this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, people say the same thing about Harden.

The West is a cruel b****, and there is no shame in going home in the 1st round, and at least he gets his team there unlike AD.

3. Mr. Space City

Going from driving and kicking to Andre Roberson to James Harden is gonna be a hell of an upgrade for Westbrook tho

vlaurelio likes this.
  4. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Are the numbers clear?

5. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

So is KD coming too or nah? Lol down the road I mean

luckyman76 and JuNx like this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

My point is not just about the threes

Harden leads the league in drives with WB second

And WB leads the league in passing and assists off his drives. You know, kick outs to open 3 pt shooters. Thats why I think Morey aint done yet. Love, RoCo, AI or some other stretch front court player

Red Chocolate likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

8. astros123

astros123 Member

Amen and lets not even forget about his nagging injuries.

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Westbrook is a better player than Chris Paul at this point in their careers, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s the right fit next to James Harden. He’s a terrible three-point shooter and has bad shot selection. For this to really work, he’s going to have to be willing to trust the data Morey and the front office give him about where he should shoot from. Second, Harden is going to have to be willing to play off the ball more and let Westbrook make his life easier on the offensive end of the floor.

It is good that Harden and Westbrook played together in Oklahoma City, but at that time, Harden was the team’s sixth man. He’s now a perennial MVP candidate and a better player than Westbrook. Can Westbrook handle being the second option?

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

One of the fondest memories I have of that OKC team was when it came to crunch time Harden was running the point and Russ was his shooting guard. It was fun to watch because it worked so well at the time.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I believe Westbrook to be a downgrade from Herpes. Herpes > Westbrook.

12. Williamson

Oh is a healthy Kevin Durant joining us too?

noppeper likes this.
  13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Rondo just got signed to a new deal with the Lakers..

14. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

That’s actually what makes this trade so good. Westbrook is only 30-years-old so if it doesn’t work out the Rockets can trade him since he still has enough value to warrant taking on the contract for a few years, whereas Paul’s time is up. He didn’t work out and no one is gonna take that contract after this year when he turns 35... or how about 36, 37. No, the Rockets were ucky to find a taker ‘cause the team wasn’t advancing with the current lineup, and the team got younger with a guy that can still get traded if it doesn’t pan out.

noppeper and Richie_Rich like this.
  15. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Hockey helmet wearing stupid. No wonder Voulgaris made so much money betting the NBA.

The Rockets chances just got nearly twice as good?!

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

It very well might work, but Russell Westbrook is awful at half of the Rockets’ offensive philosophy: making threes. So, unless you expect him to get to the rim or pass to an open teammate every time he touches the ball, D’Antoni adjusts the offense to take advantage of Westbrook’s mid-range game, or Westbrook learns from the data the Rockets give him and only shoots threes from his sweet spots on the court, there could be issues.

17. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Like that'll stop them.

I think he goes to Miami. The banana boat sailed away last year, for better or worse.

18. Boki4MvP

Boki4MvP Member

You know what I mean dude come on

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don’t think we should assume MDA and the Rockets are going to run the same system like last year. Harden was too comfortable with more isolation because there was no other choice when players were hurt and he got used to it.

Now with an actual scorer on the team, he don’t have to be called upon to score 35+ a night anymore.

I expect the offensive system to change.

20. Williamson

What I know is every time we matched with OKC I was glad because I knew the Rockets didn't even have to beat them. Westbrook will do it for you. Now that guy is on our team.