1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

+ one extra year.

Hard to say if that extra year is a good or bad thing.

jayfree likes this.
  2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

No

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How many games has Russ played each year? Compared to CP3 and his situation.That's way overblown.

NOT EVEN CLOSE

We lowered our downside risk, while upping production in a big way, and opening up other moves.

4. RLP55

RLP55 Member

Can't think of 3 players that came to the Rockets via trade that I hated more than Harden, Paul and now Westbrook. You can throw Pippen into that mix. But I have been a avid Rocket fan since day one. Folks I'm talking the San Diego days.

I don't hate the trade. It keeps Hardens window open a few more seasons. The rest of the West made improvements, while we watched 3rd tier free agents pass on coming here. The fan base whined even though the season is months away.

The 2019-20 version of RW will be a huge upgrade over CP3. We needed to upgrade the roster. Our biggest achilles was rebounding. Did not realize this until I just looked it up, RW has averaged 10+ rebounds a game the past 3 seasons.

I root for the Rockets, not the individual.

5. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

I said nothing contrary to that, Westbrook is younger, he is healthier, and regardless of whether he is a superstar impact player or not, Paul was not anymore either, and Paul was not very healthy and is older. The Rockets window is extended, Westbrook has more boom potential than Paul, he can go off, that can be helpful in the post-season, and you just have to minimize or get through his tragic games and it is a win.

Of course we'll see how it plays out, but it's a reasonable gamble. None of this means that it is accurate to assume that he will play at a superstar level. He might, but he hasn't recently and also might not, have to be ready for that reality.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I can't wait to hear the talking heads tomorrow morning. Good chance them jokers will change their minds/pick on who will win the West. I'm also certain they will say this was a bad move.

It's going to be funny AF.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Where can we go party like right ****ing now? Somewhere on Richmond

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Lets hold on and look at the picks that were sent.....
    2024 and 2026 First rounders.
    2025 swap

Those are year where all the contracts have ended. Rockets could be sorry in those years and those picks can be lottery picks. Might come back to hurt a little.

But even 1 championship between 2019-2023 and it will all be worth it.

We going back to back anyways.

The 2021 swap is gonna be garbage, and they wont exercise it.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just enjoy the ride at this point, there wasn't a better move available anyway after Butler decided to go to Miami, we were not going to win **** by staying pat, and who knows if Harden and Paul would've been able to play together again with no drama, that team just had no upside whatsoever at this point, at least this move shakes things up, if it doesn't go well whatever.

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am truly stunned. I never thought they could dump the Paul contract. It was awful. The Harden/Paul conflict was real.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I miss paul. Wtf this doesn’t make us vetter

12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Page 10 out of 500 but I always have loved Russ aggressiveness and felt it was something this team needed from someone other than P.J.

FastBrook will run and if nothing is easy SlowHarden will get us the right shot.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

That's a lot of money to buy out. He's(Presti) not a believer in dead cap space sitting on your books. More likely trade. - Bobby Marks

14. rbenavides01

rbenavides01 Member

He's just grumpy...past his bedtime! LOL

hakeem94 and Amel like this.
  15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

The only stupid thing is your comment

Plz shush

16. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

LOL you think those guys are worried about a historically inefficient shooter like Westbrook?

"Westbrook owns the lowest 3-point percentage ever among players with at least 2,500 career attempts. And while he loves launching pull-up jumpers enough that they’ve accounted for nearly 51 percent of his total field goal attempts over the past six seasons, they don’t tend to love him back. Westbrook has knocked them down at only a 36.9 percent clip during that span."

(From the Ringer in January, so the numbers likely changed slightly in the second half of the season)

jsingles likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Boring hot takes.

"How are they gonna co-exist?"
    "Two guys who need the ball, how? Why?"
    "Highest usage rates, what are they doing?"

YAWN

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Wow just wow.....

Now if we can just get Iggy for Shumpert and a pick.

Hui likes this.
  19. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

I forgot but I gotta give you props—- You Called this!!

Wow. I don’t need an attorney but dam if I do :eek::eek:

20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The last four years Russ Westbrook has played 80, 81, 80, and 73 regular season games. Chris Paul has missed at least twenty regular season games every year for the last three years.