1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Defense Highlights

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

the man has been improving on the defensive end every year, yet the media and idiotic casual fans still want to act like Harden plays no D

it’s like they’re still stuck in 2014, but we all know the truth

Ratman, s3ts, waytookrzy079 and 7 others like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There’s a wide gap between “Harden plays no D” and “Harden is a good defensive player”.

There are some things he does really well, and some other things he is particularly bad at for a perimeter player.

I think I’d just say he is adequate given all the other responsibilities we put on him. You need some really good defensive players around him to make up for what he can’t do.

3. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

I agree. He has improved on making the defensive effort, but it's not consistent. I did notice that he raises his arms in an attempt to intimidate 3 pt shooters when running back out from the post versus prior seasons he would just watch the ball as it was going in. He still doesn't do that consistently, but I have seen more effort.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

For 40 mil a year effort is all you can really ask for.

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

So much b****ing and whining here lately, I was hoping this would be a joke thread leading off with a blank post.

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Sure buddy...

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

He’s not gonna win DOPY anytime soon, but his effort was evident last season. Still annoying to hear that he doesn’t play defense, but media will media.