1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuggets Rescind offer for Trey Lyles

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You've piqued my interest, sir.

pippendagimp, jcf and Remlap like this.
  2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I’d imagine he’s somebody on Moreys radar.

He’s got talent on offense and is a good pick and roll/ pick and pop player.

He fits what we do on offense and he’s shown shooting potential from three.

I think it’s a no brainer to try and sign him for atleast a 1 year deal.

He plays a position of need has size and could explode playing in a new system with a new structure and players around him.

He’s the type or player that you could get for cheap and maybe just maybe could turn out to be a true impact player maybe even starter if things shake out right in our system.

I think MDA and Harden could turn him into a real asset on offense I just don’t know how he would fair on the other end.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

TL and Brodie are def either/or.

4. BigBum

BigBum Member

How about John leur, bucks waiver?

smoothie likes this.
  5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Good young talent still has some upside. Looks to be a solid mid post iso type player. That would play well off James and Chris in this offense. Similar to how Amare used to do in PHX. Why not try and take a flyer on him since it is a position of need for us. How long have we needed some athleticism at the PF spot around here? I think he would fit what we do on offense and he can put the ball on the floor and create his own offense when needed. I guess we will see what Morey has planned.

Things have quieted down a lot. Just like a couple of years ago, something will all of a sudden pop up that he has done. We wait . . . .

#25 Russjr2, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    lilbird20 likes this.
  6. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Would love for the Rockets to sign Luke’s, which means it probably won’t happen. We need size and athleticism, and this guy has it. He would fill our biggest need to have a lengthy PF type that can drive and step outside for a jumper. And, I agree, he would likely flourish playing alongside Harden and Paul.

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He’s worth a flyer

8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

im down if he takes the minimum

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i imagine, barring a trade, we will sign 3 more vets to the minimum. one center, one stretch 4, and one forward. as far as stretch 4s go, leuer, jerebko, and lyels are at the top of my bottom-of-the-barrel list.

10. BigBum

BigBum Member

Available fund is 2 old man Vet Min and an undrafted.

Read my signature.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member