1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Know your traffic laws: I just got screwed because I didn't

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

i like to take every opportunity to say fukk da powleese!

BruceAndre and CometsWin like this.
  2. what

what Member

That's right. It was my fault for not seeing her wherever she came from. She was probably in my blind spot, I'm not going to deny that, but what I can't understand is how far I was in the lane when I changed BEFORE she hit me, which makes me believe that she was doing something funny.

She even said that she would call it even after seeing the damage to her vehicle until she opened the door and it clicked. So, I believe she knew she had some blame. She was the only one that could see the whole accident as it unfolded.

But like I said, I've seen too many daredevils on the road, not to believe that anybody is willing to do something stupid, which she clearly did. But hey, she won her case and I lost it, so good for her for being an ******* on the road and still won her case.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I hear ya. I got side swiped by someone road raging In a rental and they blamed me.

I see FB posts about the fast lane laws now, like man you’re doing 90 trying to tell me I’m wrong. Literally slow your roll. You’re never going fast enough for the person behind you.

Two Sandwiches and BruceAndre like this.
  4. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

OP - Take a SMith Driving COurse

5. VanityHalfBlack

i usually just blow whoever I need to blow. Haven't had a ticket since 1996.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

" I turn left now good luck everyone"

7. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

I live in midtown where there are one-way streets all around me. I still look both ways before pulling into these one-way streets. That's how much faith I have in drivers.

body slam, Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I recommend getting a truck and a ball hitch.

No better way to walk away with little damage to your truck plus people will see you and won't dare to challenge your girth.

9. what

what Member

Part of my problem is I'm blind in my left eye. So while I can swivel my head to the right to see my blind spot I won't be sick looking at what's in front of me with my left eye because I'm blind in it.
    and if I need to look in my blind spot on my left hand side I got to turn my head entirely around to even see it's all I'm driving in front of me blind basically while I'm looking in my blind spot.
    What has saved me a lot of times is that I am a very calm driver and I am I have the ability to make decisions in a split-second whether that be slamming on my brakes moving to the next Lane and that kind of thing but I am at a disadvantage driving for sure.

10. what

what Member

One thing I have done is I did position my mirrors today which I haven't done in the past like an idiot I don't think about it but I did position my mirrors to view my blind spot only instead of viewing what's right beside my car.

I think that's going to help if I can make sure that I'm looking at the blind spot instead of everything else.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

How is she the ******* when you say this?

If she's in your blind spot and depending on both your speeds and vehicle sizes, it could take a second before she actually hits you when you change into her lane.

Edit: then on another post you say you changed your mirror positions so you can see your blind spots...

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Dash cam. Front and rear A119S or A129 Duo.

Newlin likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It seems like in any situation . . . .. ANY SITUATION . . . .the less you say to the cop the better

Rocket River

14. what

what Member

The good thing I've learned about this if there's any lesson in it is that I've been driving wrong for years for as long as I've on my vehicle in fact and that's because I had my mirrors position absolutely wrong.
    you need to position your mirrors to the widest part of that lame to see what's coming up on your left side and if you want to look down the road you just angle your head to the left a little bit and then you can see down the road.
    I'm testing this out right now and I can see the car coming up beside me now which before I definitely couldn't.
    The lesson here is make sure you position your mirrors right I guess.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jesus and I thought Texas gave licenses to anybody. Must be really bad in Tennessee

Do yourself a favor and buy a car with blind spot detention. You see close object alerts on the dashboard.

16. what

what Member

actually every car that's made today has blind spot detection is called positioning your mirrors right I don't know how many people do that but I just figured it out and now I can't see my blind spot without even having to turn around.
    It's absolutely crazy how much more you can see by just having a mirror position correctly if you're not doing this yourself you need and you have a blind spot immediately go and change the way you do your mirrors I promise you you'll see a huge difference

17. likestohypeguy

Yes. If you've always kept your mirrors tight where you can see part of your door, opening them wider (so you can only see your door when you move your head to the window) is a game changer. Seems counter intuitive, feels like you're missing a gap because you can't see the door, but you're really not (because it's so small), visibility is much better. Wasn't until I took an online DD course for someone did I learn this, that tip alone was worth it.

But what, I think what others are talking about you, is a literal blind spot... did you say you are blind in your left eye?!

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm very glad nobody was hurt, but man oh man: @what threads deliver, do they not? This is amazing.

... okay, okay I did not see her.
    ... well, and then my mirrors were askew.
    ... well, and I'm blind in one eye.
    ... okay, sure, I was tripping balls on LSD and I thought she was a My Pretty Pony come to life.

19. what

what Member

Yes I'm blind in my left eye

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

OP please warn us next time you will be on the road.:D

RudyTBag likes this.